Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Four

When I woke up the next morning I found Terrian laying next to me, his arms around my small waist, and his eyes opened. Wait...his arms were around my waist. I was pulled to his chest.

"AHHHHH!" we both screeched.

I pulled away at the same time he pushed me away. I ended up rolling off the side of the bed and landing on my back on the floor. "Ouchieeee..." I grumbled.

Terrian was leaning over the bed, his blond hair hanging in his green eyes. He looked amused. "Are you alright, Clarissa?" he asked.

"Yes," I mumbled as I stood up.

"Where are you going?" he asked when I started towards the dresser.

"I'm going to take a shower."

He didn't answer. I took out my undergarments from the top drawer on the left and headed to the bathroom. I took a nice hot shower and then got out. I slipped on the black bra and matching black panties I'd grabbed. I pulled the towel around me so only the straps to the bra showed now. I brushed out my hair before going back into the bedroom, where Terrian was still laying on the bed.

He looked up at me and smiled slightly when he saw my towel. I glared. "No thinking like that. I might be engaged to you, but we are not a real couple in love," I said, walking to the closet.

"Well, you're teasing me."

"I'm doing no such thing."

"'Rissa. You're a beautiful young lady and wearing nothing but a towel around me when you know I know I can't really do anything is teasing."

"I'm not just wearing a towel."

"...Shut up, 'Rissa. You know what I mean."

I simply shrugged and pulled out a gown that I liked. It was baby blue and fanned out from the waist. I smiled to myself as I walked back across the room towards the bathroom. Since I knew Terrian was watching me, I turned around at the bathroom door and winked, loosening my grip on the towel.

He sat up on the bed, straight and stared at me. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Teasing." With that I went into the bathroom and shut the door, letting the towel fall to the floor. I dressed rather quickly and did my make-up. I also pulled my hair up into a high pony-tail.

I looked into the mirror to find that the dress showed a well amount of cleavage. Oh well, messing with Terrian was fun. When I came out of the bathroom, Terrian was dressed in black slacks and a white button-up dress shirt. He roamed my body with his eyes, most likely figuring out ways to undress me in five seconds or less.

Then his eyes locked onto mine and he gave me a smile that I'm sure had broken many hearts before. He pointed to the bedroom door without saying a word. Annalisa was standing there in a purple dress and black shoes. Her naturally straight brown hair was curled. I smiled.

"Hi sweetie," I said when she ran to me and hugged my legs.

She stepped away from me. "Mommy, you look pwetty," she said.

"Yes, you're mommy does look pretty," Terrian said, picking her up and placing her on his shoulders.

[][][][][]

"...two, three, four, and NO! Start over! One, two, three, four, and five. Six, sev-No! Clarissa!" Wanda Edinggart scolded.

She was making me walk while trying to balance a book on my head. It was bad enough that I was in stilettos. I kept messing up and it was getting on her nerves. All I had to do was walk in a straight line until she got to ten and we'd been trying for two hours...

"You almost have it. Come on now. TRY!"

"I am trying!"

I heard Lucas in the back of the room chuckle. He was to go everywhere with me when Terrian was not around. I didn't mind this at all. Annalisa was standing next to him in the back, watching her mother fail. I sighed and allowed Wanda to place the book on my head again.

"Start...now. One, two, three, four, and five. Six, seven, eight, nine, and t-" CRASH!

The book fell to the floor from my head. Wanda let out a frustrated sigh as she picked it up. "You couldn't wait for the 'en'?" she asked, placing the book back on my head.

I rolled my eyes and started walking when she told me to. "...seven, eight, nine, and ten! You did it...finally," she huffed the last word.

"Sorry..." I grumbled, placing the book down on the table.

"I think it's time for lunch now, Mistress. She'll see you tomorrow, Wanda," Lucas said from the doorway. He had to call me 'Mistress' or 'Princess' around others.

Wanda mumbled something and I walked quickly to Annalisa, picking her up and holding her on my hip. Lucas took my elbow and began to escort me down the hall.

"Ah, Lucas, my boy! I see you've finally found yourself a young lady...Oh, is this your daughter too? My, my, Lucas, I didn't know you were a father! So she must be your wife. When did you get married? Why weren't we invited? Why-" Lucas cut the man off.

"King Leo, this is not my wife. Surely, Terrian has told you about her and darling Annalisa?"

"My son's wife and daughter? WHAT!?"

"N-no, sir. Miss Laretta set up that "maid" interview yesterday, remember?"

"Oh, yes."

"This is Clarissa Patterson, the woman Terrian chose to be his wife."

"He chose a woman who'd had your daughter?"

My cheeks were burning. "No, sir. Annalisa is not my daughter," Lucas said, his cheeks red as well.

"But you two look so alike, except for the eyes. They're blue and she could get that blue from Clarissa's hazel eyes." The king was looking at us suspiciously.

"I assure you, Sire. Annalisa is not mine." He paused and reached up, covering Annalisa's ears for a moment,"Clarissa is not even her real mother."

He pulled his hands away and Anna frowned at him. "I wanna know what he said, Mommy!" she squealed.

"Mariatta, could you take Annalisa downstairs?" Lucas asked, beckoning a maid who had been cleaning a window over.

"Yes, sir." I hesitated. I didn't know her. I couldn't hand my daughter to a stranger.

"It's fine." I heard Lucas say.

I slowly passed Annalisa to Mariatta who hurried away.

[][][][][]

"So, Clarissa Patterson. Nineteen years old with a three year old adopted daughter."

I nodded. Lucas and I were now sitting in the library on a couch across from an armchair in which sat the king.

"She's pretty, don't you think Lucas?" he asked, his own sparkling green eyes looking at me. Terrian got his eyes from his father.

"Yes, sir."

I felt a blush beginning to creep up my neck when Lucas agreed, but I managed to keep it down. "My son has good taste," he continued.

I zoned out after that, only coming back to reality when he told us we could leave. We'd missed lunch and now it was dinnertime. No one was there again. Laretta had left Frescan to go visit with an old friend in Switzerland. Terrian was hunting with a few of the other guards, Annalisa had already been put to bed, and the Queen was out.

So, I ate dinner with Lucas. After wards, he lead me back to mine and Terrian's bedroom. We stopped outside the door and he let go of my hand. He had intertwined our fingers again.

Then he hugged me. I was not expecting a hug from Lucas, but it was...nice. I felt him place a kiss on my jaw and it sent flames to my cheeks. Then his lips planted another kiss on my upper neck.

I should not be letting him do this!

You like it though.

Doesn't mean it's right! I'm engaged.

To a stranger. You know Lucas better.

I didn't move, didn't answer myself. He kissed my cheek and whispered, "Goodnight, Princess Clarissa." in his swoon-worthy deep voice.

Then he left. I slowly went inside the room; slowly got dressed for bed. I crawled under the covers and pulled them over my head to hide my still burning face when I heard the lights come on an hour later.

Terrian. I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. He walked to the bed, pulling the covers down. He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight, Princess Clarissa," he whispered.

But instead of his soft, musical voice, I heard Lucas's deep one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to make the chapters as long as possible.

I am wondering if I should put a smutty chapter in this story. If you think I should message me because I'm on the border of yes but no if there are younger readers. Let me know but I won't tell you it will be with until you read it. Muah hahahahahahaha