Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Seven

"'Rissa..." he breathed against my neck.

"Y-yes?" I asked, trying to ignore the shivers running up and down my spine from his heavy breathing on my skin.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Terrian."


[][][][][][]

I awoke due to either the creaking of our bedroom door or the crash of thunder outside. Annalisa and I have been here for a month now. Anna loves it here and she's taken a liking to Terrian. He's so sweet to her.

Terrian for the past month since my dream has been spending just about every waking moment with me. I believe he's frightened that I may fall in love with Lucas if I spend too much time with him.

Lucas...Since the night he kissed my neck, cheek, and jaw, it's been a little quiet for us. He apologized, saying that he hadn't meant to. But a few nights later while Terrian was out on business, Lucas kissed me. I mean my lips this time.

I had stopped it, of course. I told him that we can't be doing things like that. I'm engaged after all. And I think I may have actually fallen in love with Terrian already. He'd told me it wouldn't take long...I suppose he was right.

It's hard not to fall for him. Two weeks ago, I'd found myself in the dark hallway in front of my bedroom door with Lucas again. Terrian was hunting once more with some other guards.

I remembered the night clearly because I had made sure I wasn't alone with him since then. Though if we were, I don't think he'd try anything.

"Goodnight, Lucas," I said quietly, reaching for the doorknob.

He caught my hand and suddenly pulled me to his chest. I stared up at him and said, "Lucas, don't. I-I'm engaged."

"You don't love him though."

"How would you know?" I asked, trying not to swoon over his voice and the soft kisses he was planting on my hand.

"I can see it in your eyes."

He hadn't given me time to respond, having enveloped my lips with his own. I tugged back, but his arms wrapped around my middle, pinning me against him. I hit him in the chest with my fists and he moved away, looking at me with his brown eyes.

I was angry with him. I'd told him not to. "If you dare touch me again, I'll tell Terrian," I said before disappearing into the bedroom.

I heard the door close, padded footsteps, and a faint "Mommy?" It was Annalisa.

I looked down to see her standing at my side of the large bed. I heard Terrian shift beside me and then he was sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "Yes, sweetie?" I asked Annalisa.

"I'm scawed," she said, looking over at the window where the rain was pounding against it.

I turned my head to look at Terrian who was watching me. "Is it alright if she stays in here?" I asked.

"That's fine," he said with a yawn and laid back down.

I moved over and allowed Annalisa to climb up on the bed with her stuffed animal monkey, Monty. I waited for her to go to sleep before closing my own eyes. As I drifted off back to sleep, I felt Terrian's arms wrap around me.

I didn't care. I was too tired to care.

[][][][][][]

"Oh they all look just darling!" Judith, the Queen.

"Judith, get the camera over there!" Laretta.

"The little one looks adorable with her monkey!" Leo, the King.

"Here's the camera, Mother." Judith again.

I squeezed my eyes shut tighter, hoping to make the voices disappear. "Mom, Dad, Grandma, go away," I heard Terrian groan as he pulled me closer.

By the way his voice sounded, I'd say he was irritated. I squirmed in his arms for a second, getting comfortable. I heard his father grumble and then three pairs of feet leave the room and the door shut.

"You awake, 'Rissa?" Terrian mumbled.

"Unfortunately."

"Sorry, my family's annoying sometimes."

"It's okay."

"They really shouldn't barge into someones room this early in the morning."

"What time is it?" I couldn't see the clock due to the fact that my head was buried in his chest.

"Seven twenty-three."

"Goodness."

"Mmhmm."

We both fell back asleep after that.

[][][][][][]

"One, two, three. One, two, three..." Wanda instructed.

Terrian and I were learning to dance. "Shouldn't you know how to dance already? You hold balls every year," I said quietly as we danced in the large ballroom.

He spun me out, my green dress flowing, and pulled me back to him, replying, "Of course I know how to dance, 'Rissa."

"Uh, then why are you here?"

"If I wasn't, Wanda would make Lucas dance with you. Do you want him to dance with you?"

"Are you jealous of the time I spend with Lucas?"

"Don't answer my question with another, 'Rissa."

"Well, then. No, I'd rather dance with you."

"And no, I'm not jealous of Lucas."

"Good, you shouldn't be. You take up most of my time anyway."

He gave me a lopsided grin and spun me around again. We continued dancing, totally ignoring Wanda.

"I said, STOP!" Wanda screeched.

She wasn't screeching at us, but at the band that kept playing. They stopped abruptly and looked at her. She gave them a frustrated smile and turned to Terrian and me.

"Very nice, Princess," she complimented.

"Thank you," I said.

She nodded and waved her hand, letting Terrian know that we could go. As we walked down the hall to the Main Hall, I said, "She drives me nuts when you aren't around, Terrian."

"Sorry. But Wanda's the best."

I rolled my eyes as we exited the castle. He was taking me into town for something. He wouldn't tell me what for. Oh well...
♠ ♠ ♠
A really bad typo was caught in my last chapter (I changed it).
I accidentally put: Who are we doing?
Instead of putting: What are we doing?