Status: Cancelled

If I Had Common Sense, Ronald Radke, You Would be Dead by Now

Goosebumps

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ronnie's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sitting on the couch next to her, I feel Wynter shuffle a little in her seat as Craig walks in. She averts her eyes, and he hardly glances at her. I wish he would look a little longer so I could give him a nice punch in the nose.

Wynter and I have been friends since the day I got out of prison. It was nice to see a pretty face as I walked out of that hell. She drove me home because none of the others would. Long story short, we became very close to each other on the way home, the chemistry was undeniable. She had a boyfriend. And the minute I found out who, it was like there was a fire inside me that I couldn't contain.

Craig was no good for her. Now the lead singer of my band, he practically has to beat all the girls off with a stick. Wynter promised me that she would tell me this afternoon why they had broken up. I knew it wasn't going to be easy for her, so I offered that we'll go somewhere private where she can tell me. Just as friends of course.

But that doesn't mean I don't like her. I do. I gave up on love after Audrey. It's nothing but a meaningless crush of course, I mean, Wynter was there for me since the moment I got out of jail. I guess this is me being here for her.

I'm not making much sense am I?


It seems like it has been silent forever, until Max speaks.

"Hey man, you ready to practice?"

"Yeah sure," Says Craig, stealing a swift glance at me,"Lemme get a drink and I'm game."

I scowl at him, and I make sure he sees it. He's the only one I plan on kicking the shit out of one day. "Our band is awesome. Just throwing that in there. Seriously, who says that in an interview about me? With MY band. The kid can suck it.

Max picks up his base, and Wynter looks at me. I nod, and the both of us stand up to leave.

"Woah, where are you guys going? Aren't you gonna stay?" Rob inquires.

It was quiet for a moment after, until Wynter says quietly in her New Jersey accent, “No...We’re gonna go upstairs and talk a little. Besides my ears hurt." She smiles.

Rob shrugs it off, and Wynter slowly heads out, looking at me for an OK. I nod, and walk behind her, hoping it's not too obvious that I follow her around like a lost dog. She hooks arms with me, and glances at Craig. He glances back , but not at her, at me. I feel goosebumps for a change as her hand grips my wrist gently. She knows Craig is looking. And in a way, this hurts me. He moves his hair out of his face as he turns around, saying nothing. Up the stairs, and out to my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wynter's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I feel like my face gets a little red when Craig looks at Ronnie. He didn't seem to even notice the fact that I was holding arms with the band's ex-singer right in front of him. And oh how I wished he did. I want to strike the same feeling in him that he struck in me that night at the club. I want him to feel the pain that I try to hide, but know that I fail. He's a rockstar. Rockstars don't get their hearts broken.

Ronnie shivers a little as we walk out to his car. The weather now is like my name, it is winter at it's most brutal. The snow comes down thick and full. I wish I could enjoy it. But for me, Wynter is every day.

"Cold?" I ask.

"Extremely. Max's house is probably about 90 degrees, it feels subzero out here." He says with a crooked smile. He opens the passenger's door for me, and I hop into his comfortable Dodge Charger. It smelled like leather in here.

Ronnie helps himself into the driver’s side and closes the door, taking a moment to rub his hands together, which were pale and wet from snow. Key in the ignition, he didn't hesitate to turn the heat on, which came out at first feeling like an AC cooler, blowing stale air into the car. He coughed; the air had been projected on high towards his face, and made a funny face while doing so. Kind of like the face you make when drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth. I cast him an all-knowing glance.

"I saw that."

"No you didn't." He said and winked. He makes me laugh, this man. I can't describe the feelings he replaces in me. At home whe I am alone, I feel just that. Alone. But when I'm with him, I can't even begin to describe the warmth and comfort that was missing in me. Like the only person I need in the world is him, and nobody else. That's what a friend is for, I suppose.

He tapped the gas in the car, and the wheels seemed to take forever to turn but at last they did and we got farther away from the driveway every second. And father away from Craig.

Ronnie coughed a little, but not the "I'm-trying-to-edge-you-on-so-that-you'll-tell-me" kind of cough, just a little cough.

"You getting sick?" I asked. I began to unzip my bag for some Claritin.

"Sick of being in that musty old basement for so long." He smiles, taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at me. What beautiful eyes he has....No, Wynter! Stop it!

It was silent for a while, we were driving slowly, not rushing anywhere. This man was crazy for not wearing a coat in 15 degree weather. Crazy I tell you. His goosebumps still were prominent on his arms even though the car was warming up. Still, he did not complain or turn the heat stronger. He was just quiet, with a serious face. I was thinking about the same thing, I'm sure.

"He cheated on me. A lot."

Ronnie jumped a bit from hearing my voice out of the blue like that. His lips pressed in a firm line, he didn't appear to know what to say. He was quiet for a second.

"How did you find out?" He said, coaxing me.

"I saw him."

Searching for a response, he chewed his lower lip a little. I felt my eyes well up. Usually it takes more than a thought to make me so upset, but this case was different. Before I could stop them, the tears spilled over at the moment he looked at me. His eyes were full of shock, and rightfully so. I've never cried in front of anybody. Not even him. I hid my face against the window with my eyes shut tightly. I felt the car park and turn off as the heater stopped and the key was pulled out. The only thing that raised my head was a pair of arms wrapped around me. Ronnie rested his chin on my shoulder and kissed me softly on the cheek. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed there, not moving, hardly breathing. The softness in his eyes spoke more to me than words ever could. He spoke so softly to me that It felt like he was whispering in between my ears.

"Shh, babe, It's okay. It's alright now. He's not a good person. I'm sure that what he did is plauging him. He doesn't deserve jack-shit. You deserve so much better. Please baby. Listen to me...It's okay." His voice cracked a little at the end, and my eyes shot towards his. He was....crying? I scooted myself closer to him, resting my head in the crook of his neck, holding my hands up against his chest. He took my hand, our arms pressing together slightly. I kissed his neck and whispered, "I love you.".

I felt the goosebumps go down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cool! Comment(: