Status: Cancelled

If I Had Common Sense, Ronald Radke, You Would be Dead by Now

Kissing Lights

Ronnie's POV


I was awoken to the sound of heavy rain on the windsheild of my car. Looking down, Wynter was still cuddled up into my chest, sleeping. I don't remember us shifting into the back seat, yet it's understandable seeing as it wouldn't be very comfortable leaning over on a stick shift. I leaned my cheek back onto her hair, and she stirred a bit. Still a little groggy from sleep, I thought about what had happened earlier. What time was it now? Must be late, it's completely dark outside. Then I remember. Wynter was crying. Because of Craig. I really wished I said more than I did, and I winced a little bit at the thought of exactly what I said.

"Shh, babe, It's okay. It's alright now. He's not a good person. I'm sure that what he did is plauging him. He doesn't deserve jack-shit. You deserve so much better. Please baby. Listen to me...It's okay."

I definately could have worded that better. Oh shit, then I started crying. She probably thinks I'm this huge wuss now. Wait. Why do I care? She's still in love with Craig, clearly. Why am I breaking myself over this?

Because you love her


I don't love her. I can't love her. She wont love me. I don't love her. Right?

Wynter's POV


I dreamed of Ronnie this time. It was a phenominal dream, but I couldn't make out what it means. I mean, sure, maybe when you're dreaming with a broken heart, you have those kind of lovey-dovey dreams. But about your friend?

"I love you, Wynter." Those were the words I have been dying to hear for so long, but from Ronnie they seemed alien. I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there, letting the heavy rain pour and soak me to the bone. He stroked my cheek with one perfect finger, and pressed his forehead to mine gently, closing his eyes.

"Please say you love me too..." His voice trailed off, drowing out in the rain.

It was hard to distinguish, but a single black tear slid down his face, trailing towards his neck. I had the urge to kiss it away, and tell him how I feel, but for some reason I couldn't. I couldn't move or speak. Two more eyeliner-stained tears slid down his gorgeously handsome face, but it was like I was paralyzed.

Suddenly from the corner of my eye, I saw a small orb of light. Then another. And another. Fireflies I suppose, but the lights were white, not yellow. Okay I don't know what they were. They were beautiful. Suddenly, I felt an energizing uplift in me. Not acting like myself, I got the strength to fight the paralysis and move my ips a centimeter. The moment Ronnie's lips met mine was fuel for a hungry soul. He seemed shocked at first, but he eased into it and began to kiss my upper lip. He didn't ask for entrance. He didn't grab me sexually. He slid his hands around my hips and just kissed me softly. I didn't know he was capable of NOT being sexual. I tangled my fingers in his hair, which was soaking wet from the rain.


Then I woke up.


I don't know what it means, and I'm so terribly confused. I lie awakenow in his chest, but I don't think he suspects me being awake, so I stay still, shifting every so-often.

Then I remember what I said last night.

At the time I meant it in a thanks-for-being-here-for-me-i-love-you kind of way, but now I'm thinking it means more. I don't want to be with another rockstar. I wanted to be with Craig, and look where that got me. Now I want to be with Ronnie. Oh God what am I thinking? Surely Ronnie is just an all-sex-no-feelings king of guy. I don't know my thoughts right now.

I was startled by a tap on the window next to me. Ronnie jumped as well, smioled at me, then looked out at the window. It was Max.

Max did an arm movement that meant "Roll down the window!". Suddenly my heart was in my throat. Ronnie rolled down the window.

"Where the hell have you guys been, we were worried sick-" He stops suddenly, looking at me with my head against Ronnie's chest. Max gives Ronnie a look of confusion, and Ronnie shakes his head.

"Sorry. The storm got so bad that we had to pull over because we couldn't see, and we kind of fell asleep." Ronnie answers Max's previous question.

"It's only raining."

"It was snowing like a motherfucker when we left. Oops sorry." He said looking at me. He was apologizing for cursing at me..? What has gotten into him? I shrugged it off and Max looked back at Ronnie.

"Well come back. We spent a fucking hour looking for your car. It's four o'clock in the fucking morning. Craig and the guys were worried sick."

I fought the urge to say "Yeah, right." but lost. Max looked at Ronnie, then at me. Ronnie sighed.

"Up. Up up up." Ronnie said, patting my toned tummy with every sylable. I groaned and slid myself back into the passenger's seat, while Ronnie hopped back behind the wheel. He started the car.

"Uhh you think I can get a ride?"

"Hop in, Max." Ronnie sighed, sounding disapointed.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol I had some Andy Sixx references (Its snowing like a motherfucker!) and the Used (four o'clock in the fucking morning). thought id credit that. PS i don't own any of the famous people I mention in here, but Wynter is a product of m yimagination. I forgot to include that in the summary.