Under A Paper Moon.

You're Selling Out.

"Honey, make sure you have everything." My dad poked his head in around my door for the nineth time in the last twenty minutes, reminding me of the same thing.

"Dad, Jesus, I'm going twenty minutes out of town to the hospital," I laughed and folded another pajamas shirt and tucked it into my small carry-case. He grinned like an idiot and nodded, "I'll be down in a few minutes. Remember to wait up for Zack, okay?"

"Alright." He sighed and moved away from the door, it clicked shut and I could hear his feet retreating down the stairs. Ciara sighed from her cross-legged position on the floor and flicked through another page of her magazine, I raised my brows expectantly and pulled it out of her grasp, my other hand steadying my back.

"You could at least help."

"That means movement." She moaned and dropped her head back in displeasure.

"I'm the pregnant one."

"I hate you," She pouted and stood up, zipping the carrier-bag close and hauling it to her feet, "There, now, who's riding with us?"

I rolled my shoulders, "Pretty sure just Zack and Alex. Rian isn't coming until the baby is either actually born or for the birth. I have no clue about Jack, but, I'm definite he'll come. I know he'll guilt trip himself into coming or Alex will."

"That and it's his baby, he has to be there. But if that bitch comes I'm going to stick a surgical knife in her neck." Ciara warned and stuffed her phone into her pocket and wrapped a light scarf around her neck.

I smiled slightly and sat on the edge of my bed, pushing a hand through my now shoulder-lenght hair. Ciara kissed the top of my head and patted my shoulder, the door knocked from downstairs and I arched my back uncomfortably when I got a small twinge in my back and stomach.

"Contractions?"

"I don't know." I muttered and and rolled my shoulders, "Go get the door, my dad's practically deaf and my mom is still at work." Ciara nodded and left the room, I looked around and stood up again.

I heard her feet stomping down the stairs like a mad woman, the door opening and the mixture of male and female voices. I sighed when I heard a pair of feet pounding all the way back up the stairs and then heading down the hallway and to my door. I licked my lips and straightened my clothes out in front of the mirror before sitting back on my bed and slipping on some shoes.

"Hello?" Zack popped his head in around the crook of my door and I smiled, placing my hand on my stomach and itching with pain as another twinge hit my soft spot and I almost doubled over.

"Hey Zacky," I smiled and he came in and pecked my forehead and then gave me a small hug, "Are we leaving soon?"

"Uh, yeah," He shifted uncomfortably and stuffed his hands in his back jeans pockets. He looked around my room and nodded his head, "You.. excited?"

I snorted, "I'm absolutely fucking terrified. It's between now and the next forty-eight hours I could give birth or something could go wrong and, Zack, what if she dies like her brother and, an-"

"Stop stressing," He laughed and cupped my cheek with his hand. I furrowed my brows and twisted my lips, he was scaring me with how calm he was, "You're only going to make it harder on yourself." I nodded.

"Okay."

"Want to get going?" He smiled and took my hands, helping me up.

"Better now than never."

~*~


"Hello Miss Von Tesse," A nurse of whom I have yet to learn the name of smiled to me and I nodded to her. She came in and checked my heart monitor and IV before writing messy notes in a pad, "How're you feeling?"

"Good," I lied and refused to spit vulgar words at her, "Thank you."

"We'll check on you every few hours until your contractions fully start and we'll check your dialation levels and then we'll know when to begin. You're allowed visitors until then, and when you become fully dialted only three can stay for the actual birth, the birthing room isn't fully equipt for a large group of people."

I nodded and she smiled once more and wished me well before leaving, and then Alex walked in almost directly after her, followed by Zack, Ciara and a boy I wished I'd never have to see again in my mortal life.

"Hi," I smiled and tugged at the white and lemon colored hospital robe. I felt oddly exosed with the lack of regular clothing and underwear, "It'll be a few more hours until the fake contractions properly stop and the real one's kick in. Oh God." I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I can't wait to see her," Ciara sighed and sat down on the bed beside me, "Your mom and dad said they'll be here soon, they're just getting some stuff ready and collecting baby clothes for the un-named baby." She giggled and I smiled at her.

"Thank you," I looked at Alex and his cheecks flushed for some odd reason, "Sit down, Jesus."

Everyone let out dry, awkward laughs and sat down in various parts of the room. I looked at Jack and he smiled sadly and stared out the window which basically faced the roof of the lower floor and some trees and a highway. I shifted and Zack cleared his throat. And all I could do was wish for the birth to come quicker so I wouldn't have to be in the same room as the boy who tore my heart out of my chest, threw it on the ground, and stepped on it with his feet.