Under A Paper Moon.

How Wonderful Life Is Now You're In The World.

"Oh my God!" I gasped and threw myself forward, a shearing pain escalated up my back and I groaned and fell back against the bed. I closed my eyes as a doctor checked my IV. Moments earlier he set an injection into my back to educe the labor but also to decrease pain, but it only seemed to work on the latter.

Ciara was pressed against Alex's side across the room. Earlier she said to the guys after arguing who'll get to stay in the room "I don't know about you guys, but all I know is I will be in there, try to take my spot and I'll kill you". They instantly let her be there, but in the end the doctors didn't care because I was yelling too much to be handled. I looked at Alex then, and I'm sure if his eyes got any wider they'll pop of out his skull and onto the floor in a mess. Zack sat at one side of the bed holding my hand while my mother sat at the other side. I'm guessing the doctors just didn't care at this moment who was in the room and that there were too much for the capacity of it. Jack was at the far wall of the room, right across from my vision, his hand was curled and pressed against his lips. Rian wasn't here yet, so I'm guessing he'll be here after the actual birth, that or he just doesn't know she's coming already. Considering I've been here the past two days, he either wasn't informed or has a vague idea. That or he's outside with my father.

"Honey you need to calm down," My mother sighed and kissed my knuckles, "Labor is caused more by anxiety and fear."

"I don't freakin' care, I just want her out now!" I gasped and the doctor helped me up more on the bed before setting my legs into two holsters and lifting up the gown, Jack seemed to shudder and moved away from the wall to stand to the side by my two best friends. If I could roll my eyes, I would.

"You're fully dilated at ten centimeters now, Miss," The doctor spoke, he smiled at me and two nurses that were standing beside him got towels, bowls, water and whatever necessities that were needed ready. I averted my gaze from the tray of surgical equipment and let my head fall onto the mint green pillow. Zack kissed my knuckles, my mother did the same.

"Okay, Rayne, when your next contraction pulls I want you to push as much as you can, as hard as you can. Your contractions will become more frequent and it'll be easier, cannot guarantee on the pain thou-" I gasped and whimpered as I pushed, or tried to, I didn't exactly know if I was doing it or not. I couldn't really feel anything but pain and my heart beat rose. I could feel minor sweat droplets on my forehead, my hair became sticky and my body slick. The whole comforter on the bed and mattress was dripping and tears came to my eyes.

"Good, good, keep doing that." He spoke and as another contraction came I pushed again - or tried to anyway - and I let out an exasperated sigh as Ciara muttered something under her breath and marched towards Zack, pulling him off the chair and sitting where he was. Zack's face was red and he looked antsy.

"You weren't helping her at all," Ciara spat and moved to face me, her hand grasped around mine, "Now do what your mom said, okay? Calm down and try to relax and push when a contraction comes. Even if you're unsure about it or the pain is too much; push and it'll be over as quick as it started." She smiled and I squeezed her hand bone-crushingly hard and pushed again and she gasped and nearly shot out of her seat, my mom chuckled at her and kissed my head.

"She's crowning!" The doctor cheered and I breathed deeply through my nose and bit my lip so hard blood could be drawn, "Several more pushes and it'll get easier from there." I weakly nodded and felt as if my body could just give out like a naked flame and Ciara murmured small words of encouragement as Alex stepped forward, pale as a ghost, but smiled and mouthed 'you can do it' to me.

My stomach tightened and I gasped and yelled loudly, I started to cry then and my vision stung and got blurry, I pushed again and attempted in sitting up just to be lowered back down by my mother's grasp on my shoulder.

"I can't fucking do this," I cried and sobbed louder, "This is too much."

"You can do i-"

I whimpered and pushed again and felt most of the stress from my back absorb and the doctor smiled and I let my body fall back, he told me just a little bit more but even with that I felt like I was dying, like my whole body was being torn out of me. I looked to my mom and she smiled again and another shock of pain shocked my stomach and I let out a loud groan and pushed once more, I couldn't lift my head but I heard a lot of commotion. I let out a long breath and heard my doctor mumble and stand up so I could reach his eyes.

"Now it's time to birth the placenta." He smiled and I dropped my head back against the pillows and wished that this would end.

~*~


"She's beautiful," Jack smiled and traced over the baby's small pink cheeks, "She looks just like you."

I smiled and shook my head, "All babies look the same when they're born, I think, but she's beautiful." I cuddled the small baby pink blankets closer to her and pulled down the small hat that was on her head. I traced my fingers over her creamy pink skin and I kissed the crown of her head. After a good nine hours of labor and an hour of actual birth, I was glad to say that she deserved it completely.

"Oh honey," My mom wiped at her eyes and kissed the top of my sweaty mesh of hair and I cuddled back into the uncomfortable bed, "What are you going to name her?"

I looked up at my mom and around at all my teary-eyes friends. Ciara was sitting beside me on the bed, her head was on my shoulder and her calloused fingers were tracing over the baby girl's hand. Alex sat in the chair beside her and Rian was standing behind him. Zack was at the foot of the bed with Jade, my mother by my father and Jack in the other empty chair on my other side. I let out a shaky breath and looked at Jack. He smiled sadly at me and I shrugged.

"Jacqueline Hope Barakat," I smiled and Jack's cheeks flushed, I smiled and passed her into her father's arms and he cooed to her as she slightly fussed about being moved. I cuddled back into the bed and rested my head off Ciara's sleepily. It was nearing four in the morning and I was utterly exhausted.

"You did good, kiddo." Alex smiled and kissed my head. I chuckled and wiped my sore eyes as my baby was carried around the room to each member to her family.

I looked over at Zack and he smiled at me, taking my hand and rubbing his fingers over the inside of my palm, he murmured something under his breath and I closed my eyes and breathed in the vanilla scent of Ciara's hair. I lulled myself to sleep to Alex's voice singing to the fussy baby in his arms.