Under A Paper Moon.

Arise And Be All That You Dream.

I sighed, grumpy, taking my usual seat between Jade and Alice in our Biology class. Jade chuckled and Alice rubbed my back. They all new about the whole pregnancy thing now and they didn't freak out majorly, but they showed too much sympathy and started to be careful about what they said. Especially the guys and their sexist jokes that they think will "get to me." They won't, because they're lame.

Since the whole telling Jack's parents and the Ultrasound it's been about five weeks since then. My last Ultrasound was a few days ago. The baby's growing healthy and I shouldn't worry about a thing. My mom came too along with Jack. Yep, she cried. On top of that, I'm starting to show and it's scaring me. Within the next two weeks I'm dropping out until I'm finished with all of this and then come back. Hopefully.
But, as I said, I have a bump that isn't getting any smaller. My mom declared that she's bringing me shopping this Friday after school to get proper clothes because I've been taking her old shirts and then wearing jeans that were too many sizes big for me. I'm surprised no one's properly noticed yet.

"Not a good morning I see.." Jade smiled at me, leaning her elbows on our counter top - cabinet. There were only the three of us at this counter/ seating part because it only made enough room for three of us to sit. Same with the two rows in front of us and the one behind us. Mainly the other half of the class sat on the left side of the room. The counters were longer and could fit between four and and five students. And there were three rows there. Nonetheless, we were the biggest Biology class. And there were only two in our year.

"No: woke up, puked, ate breakfast, puked again. Eh, got a yellow slip in Ms. Dwyer's Business class because I was dozing off. I was up 'til after two A.M. doing homework and that teacher seems to be constantly pregnant with the way she acts." I stated, rubbing my eyes.

"It'll get better hunny, I promise." Alice soothed and kissed my temple, and then our teacher Mr. Balfe walked in.

"Hello class," He smiled. He had short cropped, gelled back brown hair. He had sort of strong features, sun-kissed skin. He was wearing blue jeans and a belt, with his green Tommy Hilfiger shirt was tucked into his pants and a black long sleeved shirt was under his short-sleeved green one. He was wearing trainers. He was by far my favourite teacher, he was really laid-back and knew how to joke. He does a lot of experiments too and shows us videos and gives out hand-outs to work from. He even plays music in class sometimes, "Today we're going to be disecting sheep hearts. So come up and grab a pair of protection glasses and gloves. Amanda, run down to Ms. McHugh's class and ask for scalpel's and I'll run and get the hearts."

I sighed and rested my head on the counter furiously. The girls just chuckled beside me. This was by far going to be the worst day ever.

~*~


I walked up to my locker, telling Rian (who was basically ignoring me while he was on the phone to Cassaddee.), Alex and Lisa that I'd meet up at the Cafeteria with them in fifteen minutes.
I walked to my locker and clicked in my combination before opening it and dumping my books and bag into it and taking out my purse from the shelf. I checked my timetable for my last three classes - Maths, single period Art and Music.

"Hey." I looked up at Jack who smiled down at me before pressing his lips to mine sweetly.

"Hey yourself." I chuckled before closing my locker and leaning against it. Jack moved in front of me before wrapping his lanky arms around my waist and hovering over me. I played with the hair at the back of his neck then moving my hand to stroke his the soft skin of his cheek and letting it drop to my side. He smiled.

"My mom loved the pictures by the way, I gave them to her after you left. She actually cried, and she says 'thanks'." He chuckled and I shook my head.

"Tell her that she's welcome, it was no hassle." I licked my lips, turning my head to the side along with Jack to see Ursela with her friends Kat and Tara and their repsective boyfriends who I do not know the names of walked down the hall. And yes, her name was seriously Ursela. Her locker was four down from mine. She gave me a look of disgust, "What are you staring at? And you look like you shop-lifted a fourty year old who was going through menopause's closet." She laughed and fixed her fringe to fit perfecting back into her short swirls of black hair.

I looked down and then back up to Jack who just rolled his eyes at her before moving to my other side so I couldn't see her.
I used to be friends with Ursela, but only when I first moved here. I'd sit with her and her friends at lunch, whom quickly became my friends too. But I just kinda woke up one day and she hated me, then accused me of stealing Kat from her. I got along really well with Kat and I guess she got jealous or something. Oh well. That was before me and Alex had befriended eachother.

"Just ignore her, and you look beautiful, so just take it on the chin." Jack spoke and kissed my head.

"It's kinda hard to when she's four lockers down, in two of your classes and lives right around the corner from you. And all you can hear is comments being passed at you." I cocked a brow at him.

"You don't need her bullshit, you've got your own. Ignore her and move on, it's the best you can do."

"She calls me 'dirt' so much I'm actually starting to believe it-"

"Hey, Rayne, stop. You're amaizing and beautiful and it's her own loss for treating you like crap and losing a lovely person as her best friend. The guys love you and so do the girls. I love you Rayne, and that's all that should matter." He was holding my cheeks in his hands and kissed me.
I felt my cheeks head up after he pulled away and hugged me, "I love you too, Jack." I whispered into his ear before hiding my face in his neck.

He was smiling like a loon and grabbed my hand. This is soo cliché... I chuckled and Ursela started making gagging noises from beside us and laughed along awkwardly with her friends.

"Oh, get fucked four eyes," Jack commented towards her as she was wearing her glasses and her mouth formed into an 'O', "And close you're mouth, you'll catch flies."

We walked away and joined our usual table near the windows in the Cafeteria and Jack left to get food. I smiled listening to Alex as he was telling some story and all I could think through his words were 'That's a lie, Alex. Lie, lie and oh? Lie..' But I smiled nonetheless and my heart was throbbing in my chest. But I knew that - somehow - Ursela would want to get me and Jack back.
And I was terrified to think of what she would do. But this is all about living in the moment.

After lunch ended I headed to the first of my last three classes of the day. Maths with Mr. Stanford. He was an OK teacher I guess. I was only in Ordinary Level Maths, I have been since the last semester. And honestly, I've done no homework since I've gotten here. He puts the homework on the board and I just take it down, and yet, I've gotten no lower than a B- on all the tests I've taken.

I sat in my usual chair in the centre of the room, this was the only class I have without any of the girls or guys in them. I can at least learn something in this class. Which isn't exactly an improvement considering.

Other teens slowly entered the class, swarming into their seats and looking as bored as ever, taking they have to spend the following fourty minutes in a class a monkey could teach them. I took out my books and journal before relaxing back in my chair lost in my own imagination. I was thinking about how the baby would look and what I would do in the end. I mean, I don't want to stay at home from the age I am now and look after a child. I need to experience things and have kids when I'm ready and with the person I want to have them with. And maybe after I'm married, I don't know.

A small, folded, beige piece of paper landed on my desk through the hands of the boy that was following Ursela like a lost puppy earlier. He took the seat next to me, "James." He nodded and looked forward, then ignoring me.

I looked at the paper and took it into my hands, unfolding it.

Loser, I know about your little secret. It'll be everywhere before first period tomorrow morning.
Love, Ursela xo.


My eyes were burning and my hands started to shake. I put the note in my journal and turned to the boy, "How does she know?" I snapped.

He turned and smirked at me, his dimples shone, "Huh? Oh. You do remember her mom's a nurse at the General Regional Hospital, right?"

Fuck.