Status: Complete

Sammy and The Garnet Ring

Epilogue

“Where were you Samuel Leonard?” screeched the teacher.
Suddenly the scene froze and all that had happened stopped. Sam closed his eyes, and then blinked in wide-eyed disbelief. He was stunned at the unnoticeable change in place. Below his two feet was a wide, white colored path. On both ends were frames with images on them. Each had a plaque that told of a time. Sam walked over to one that showed a battle between people in blue uniforms and red coats. The inscribed in the gold framing of the scene was a year. 1775, Sam thought, the American Revolution huh.
Sam looked to his right and saw frames, each inscribed with a number exactly one higher than the last. He also looked to his left and saw each inscribed with a number exactly one less than the last. Suddenly he understood what he was looking at. He thought, frames frozen in different times are lined up along this path. Since time is endless, this path must be.... If only I could. Sam stuck his hand into the frame in front of him, and reassured by the lack of pain, he stuck his whole head in.
BANG. BANG. BA-BANG. UGH! Sam alarmed, looked in fear, still partly in the frame and in the place where he is. It was in the evening, and Sam summarized that the sun had set about an hour ago, because of the mass amount of people there. Sam realized that they were all dressed in blue uniforms. Before anything could have been thought of, a horse dashed by with record speed, nearly pulling Sam in by the sheer force of the wind.
The stranger on the horse said, “THE RED COATS ARE A-COMING!” and continued around the corner with the said message.
Sam pulled out of the frame and turned to Sem.
Sam begun, “OH! This is a timeli--”
Sem interrupted, “Here is my power. The power to change time, manipulate it, or even teleport to a location somewhere within it.”
“Nice skill,” retorted Sam. “Can you fix my problem at school?”
“Of course.”
Sem directed Sam while walking along the long platform, he began to tell him a story as the walked down the path.
“Please step into the frame on your left,” Sem said interrupting his speech.
Sam, following orders, stepped into the frame, noticing the inscribing had 2011. He ended up in the front the theater from that morning. Brusquely walking to school, he talked in his mind to the ring, learning who Sem was and who the giants were. By the time he got to school he noticed, he was not late.
Cool. Thanks Sem, Sam thought.
Sem thought in return, your welcome.
Throughout the day Samuel spaced out during classes to have small chats with Sem. When Sem knew he was going to lose the argument, he simply made an outburst in Sam's voice, causing everyone would look. In puzzlement his classmates looked at him.