Status: Coming Soon!

Stop Standing There

Skylar

Listening to Sarah talk about Max made me smile, I was glad she was happy, she deserved it. I just wish I could find someone that could make me smile the way she was.

"Question" I heard Sarah knock me from my thoughts, "What about Chris?"

"What about him?" I asked grabbing my phone off the counter of the medical room.

"He's cute" she shrugged, "And the way you two bicker is like--"

"What are you getting at Sarah?" I sighed.

"Talk to him" she said, "Maybe he's not as bad as you think. I've seen him and Max together, and they're great together, you've seen them"

"That doesn't prove anything"

"He's nice, I know it"

"Maybe I'll do it just to prove you wrong"

She just smirked, "Haven't you learned that you always fail when you try to prove me wrong?"

"Not this time"

"Just give him a chance, cause I've seen him look at you"

"What?"

"Just talk to him, promise me that"

I just sighed, "Fine"

--

He stepped out of the locker room after the loss in Edmonton, and I was quick to stop him.

"Stalker girl?"

"Funny" I said crossing my arms, "You know what? Nevermind" I said shaking my head.

"Wait" he grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards him, "I'm sorry"

"It's fine" I said biting my lip, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"Do you know how to smile?"

"Excuse me?"

"Smile"

"I know how to smile" he replied.

"I don't believe you"

He tried to fake a smile and all I could do was laugh, "Nice try"

"Make me laugh then"

"I'm not funny though"

"I'm sure you have a sense of humour"

"Not really, no"

He stood there, crossing his arms, waiting for something. What was I supposed to say? I pursed my lips, and a small smirk appeared on his lips, he liked watching me squirm.

"How did the the frog cross the road?"

I don't think he was expecting an answer, because the look of surprise on his face was adorable, "...How?"

"He tied himself to the chicken"

I felt stupid the moment the words came out of my mouth, but a smile tugged at his lips and he just shook his head as his smile got bigger, "You're adorable"

"That made you smile?"

"You trying so hard did"

"My older brother used to tell me that joke when I was little"

"Really?"

"He was only 7, and my parents were fighting one night when they thought we were sleeping, and he was trying to make me laugh"

"Wow, he must really care about you"

"He did..."

"Sky, I'm sorry"

I just shook my head, "It's really okay, he's got his own life, and maybe some day we'll work things out, but right now, it's not going to happen"

"Why did you just tell me all that?"

"I don't know...it kind of came out"

"You miss him, don't you?"

"No...and it's none of your business"

"I didn't mean to--"

"How about we forget this just happened, and I'll see you when we get to Vancouver, okay?"

Before he could respond I turned on my heel and walked away. Why I told him that about me was beyond me, but it wasn't something I could take back, and it's not something he could unhear.

"Did you talk to him?" Sarah asked as I met her halfway.

"Yes" I simply replied.

"And?"

"He's nice, but he's not for me, okay?"

She just rubbed my arm and sighed, "Hon, maybe by the end of the season, he'll be gone, and you won't have to see him anymore"

"Can we just go home?"

"Sure"