Status: Coming Soon!

Stop Standing There

Skylar

Sarah had gone out with Max, and I had the place to myself for at least a couple hours. I threw on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt and put my hair up in a bun. I grabbed my ipod and stuck my earphones in my ear. Fall Out Boy filled my ears while I danced around our apartment, probably singing too loud.

"I'm two quarters and a heart down, and I don't wanna forget how your voice sounds..." I looked up at the door, and I could hear banging above the music in my ears, I took one out and I heard a voice on the other side of the door.

"Chris?" I said running over to the door, but stopping at the mirror first for a quick check, for some reason. I opened the door and threw my earphones over my shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

"Sarah told me" he shrugged.

"Told you what?"

"Can I just come in?"

"Why should I let you in?"

"Cause you know you want to"

I let out a deep sigh and moved away from the door, letting him in and setting my ipod on the table. He took off his shoes and stepped further into the house. While he looked around I grabbed my phone and immediately dialed Sarah's number.

"What the hell Sarah?"

"What?"

"What did you tell him?"

"Tell who? What's going on?"

"What did you tell Chris?" I asked, quieting my voice.

"I didn't tell him anything"

"He's here, and he said you told him to come here"

"When have I ever--" she paused for a minute and started laughing, "I may have told Max a couple things..."

"Excuse me?"

"He likes you! I know he does"

"But I don't like--"

"Sky?" his head peeked around the corner and I gave him a smile.

"Just one minute" I said putting up my finger and moving to the other room.

"I don't like him"

"Just hang out, it's not a date Sky. He's nice, just...be nice, he's a guest" she hung up before I could object and I just sighed, throwing my phone on the bed.

He smiled at me as I stepped into the kitchen, grabbing some water, "You want a drink?" I asked.

He just shrugged, "Sure"

I tossed him a bottle of water and brushed past him into the living room.

"So you always sing to Fall Out Boy when you're alone?"

My cheeks flushed red and I turned to face him, "You heard that?"

"Hon, I think the whole neighborhood heard that"

"Well, that's not embarassing" I replied sarcastically, setting my bottle down.

"It was cute" he smirked taking a drink of water.

"Thank God you didn't see the dancing"

He just laughed, "Now that, I would have liked to see"

I found myself laughing and shaking my head. There was something about him that made me smile and irritated me at the same time. If he didn't always look so good...

"You still there?" he said flicking water in my face.

"You did not just flick water in my face" I said flicking water back.

"Really?" he replied.

I threw my full bottle at him, and ran into the kitchen grabbing a bucket, and filling it up. But not fast enough, because he came from behind and poured his bottle over my head.

"Not cool" I replied, "But see..." I turned around with the bucket, "I'm the one with the bucket full of water, and you're the one with an empty bottle"

Before he could respond, I threw the water at him and dropped the bucket at his feet. He ran a hand through his wet hair and shook the water out. For a moment, I found myself staring, the outline of his abs obviously showing through his shirt. My smile faded and I found myself looking up at him, "Like what you see?" he smiled, biting his lip.

I playfully shoved him and laughed, "In your dreams"

All of a sudden, he grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder, "Chris, put me down"

"Not until you apologize for soaking me" he said carefully walking through the wet kitchen floor.

"Never"

He threw me down onto the couch, and I couldn't stop laughing. I realized how close he was, still leaning over me. My smile slowly faded, and I was starting to be more than just attracted to him.

"Did anyone ever tell you..." he said quietly, "How blue your eyes were? "

"I get it alot"

He just nodded, "Beautiful...blue"

The butterflies hit me like a brick the longer he looked at me. He was still dripping wet, and I knew I looked like a wet rat. I shook my head and moved his arm away from me, "I feel disgusting" I said, trying to fake a smile.

"Sky, I--"

"You should get home, get some dry clothes"

He just shook his head, "I'm fine here"

I just sighed, "At least let me dry your shirt"

He pulled it off and I felt my heart jump. He wasn't shy about it at all, and I was glad for that. Maybe I have a weakness for abs?

"Here" he said, tossing it in my direction.

"Your tattoo...it's...nice" somehow, 'nice', is all that managed to come out. I looked like a giddy schoolgirl.

"Thanks..." he had a look of satisfaction on his face that bothered me. It was things like that, that got to me.

I threw it in the dryer, and changed, throwing my own clothes into the dryer. I put my hair back up and stepped back into the living room, just as the front door opened.

"What the hell happened here?" she said, referring to shirtless Chris.

"Waterfight..." I shrugged.

"Oh..." she looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I just smirked.

"I'm going to check on the--yah" he left the room quickly and Sarah quickly came up to me.

"What happened?" she squealed.

"Literally...we had a waterfight"

She looked in the kitchen, and saw the bucket and puddles of water, "Holy shit, you did. And?"

"And that was it"

"That was it?"

"Yes"

"He has no shirt on"

"It got soaked..."

She just shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest, "I don't know how you do it"

I just shrugged, "These things just happen"

He finally came out, shirt on. And I think the disappointment may have shown, but I erased it quickly with a hug, "Thanks for coming"

"I had fun"

He was quick out the door and the smile on Sarah's face would not go away, "I told you so"

I just smacked her in the arm and worked on cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, "Now, you have to tell me about Max"

"I have something else I need to tell you..."