Status: im back!!

Sister, Sister

Ch.2 To Hell and Back Again

Broken
Ch.2 To Hell and Back Again Elegion-Scars
(Lazarus Rising)
ASIA P.O.V

What the hell? I awoke in the dark and in a coffin. Oh no! This has always been my biggest fear. I start to hyperventilate. I count backwards from 10 and take deep breaths. After I calm down I yell “Help! Help!” But immediately stop, my voice was scratchy and rough like I hadn’t talked in years or was a real bad smoker. I cough and scenes from hell play for one second until I pushed them to the back of my brain and focus on getting out. I pound on the wood until it breaks and dirt comes in, I hold my breath and do the painful task of digging myself out of my grave. My hand is the first thing to break surface and reach fresh air. I grab onto stable grass and dirt and haul myself out panting. I held my breath for 2 whole minutes, not easy. I stand up and see a cross with sticks as my headstone and a perfect circle of dead trees. Again, what the hell?
I walked out of the forest and start walking down a road, until I see a sign ‘Welcome to Pontiac, Illinois’ I pass it and walk to an abandoned gas station, to make sure no one was there I yell “hello? Is anyone here?” My voice was still hoarse so I take off my long sleeve shirt and roll it onto my fist and break the glass and open the door and walk in. I gulp down a water bottle and eat some Twix bars. I see a newspaper. How long have I been dead? It reads September 18th, I say “September.” I died in April. I’ve been in hell for 6 months. I go use the bathroom and wash my face. That hellhound ripped me up good, why doesn’t it hurt? Unless…I pull up my shirt. Nothing, no blood, my bra was intact, not even a scar. I had gotten shot in my side and that’s gone too. I check to see if I still had the shot in my shoulder, from the bitch Bella and I am shocked when I find a large handprint burned into my skin and it wraps around my small shoulder.
I pack snacks in my bag with some water, I stopped at the porn wrack, and maybe I should bring some to Dean as a piece offering? No he’ll still be mad. I hit the cash register and grab money when the TV flickers on. Uh-oh not a good sign. I turn it off and then the radio comes on and I begin to pour salt on the windows then I hear a voice whispering my name and the name ‘Castiel’ over and over. I am mesmerized by the sweet, tender, caring voice. Suddenly, I break out of my trance when the windows shatter and I move but more windows break until it’s gone. I exit the store and go to the pay phone and dial Dean’s phone, it ring’s but goes to voicemail, I say “Dean, it’s me Asia. I’m alive, I don’t know how. I’ll be at Bobby’s, get there as soon as you can. And Dean…I love you, I miss you and…I’m sorry.” I end the message and call Sam but his is disconnected. Then, I call Bobby, it rings once and I hear Bobby’s “yeah?” I say “Bobby?” He responds “yeah?” I say “it’s me.” He remarks “who’s me?” I answer “Anastasia.” He hangs up. I hang up and try again Bobby answers “who is this?” I say “Bobby listen to me,” He responds “this ain’t funny. Call again and I’ll kill ya.” He doesn’t believe me, hell I still can’t believe myself. I guess there’s only one way to do this; I wish I had my baby boy. My car, I wonder, who kept it? I see an old car and I hotwire it and head to Sioux Falls.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Should I? Maybe I should just let them be? No, I’m too selfish for that. I knock on the door, Bobby opens it and I say “surprise, Bobby.” Bobby stammers “I, I don’t…” I respond “me either. But here I am” I enter, Bobby lunges at me with a silver knife. I grab his arm and twist and block him as he hits me “Bobby! It’s me” Bobby retorts “my ass!”
I hide behind a desk chair and say “time out! Whoa, whoa, wait. Your name is Robert Steven Singer. You became a hunter after your wife got possessed and…you are more of a real father to me than my dad ever was. Bobby it’s me.” Bobby walks over and pats me on my shoulder and lunges at me, I grab the knife “I’m not a shape shifter!” Bobby yells “then you’re a revenant!” I push Bobby away and hold out the knife I say “alright. If I was either could I do this-with a silver knife?” I roll up my sleeve and slice my forearm with the knife it doesn’t hiss or burn, but it sure does hurt. Bobby asks “Asia?” I sigh in relief and throw the knife on the table and say “that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you.” Bobby pulls me into a hug and I hug him back just as tight.
I knew I made the right choice, by coming in. Bobby says “it’s good to see you, girl,” he let’s go and I say “yeah, you too.” He asks “but how did you bust out?” I answer “I don’t know. I just woke up in a pine box…” Bobby threw holy water in my face. I spit some out “I’m not a demon.” He sheepishly says “can’t be too careful.” We walk into his study, I dry my face off. Bobby says “but, that don’t make a lick of sense.” I say “yeah, I know.” Bobby seriously says “Asia. Your chest was ribbons, your insides slop. And you’ve been buried for 6 months, even if you could slip out of hell and back into your meat suit”-
I finish “I should look like I belong in Thriller.” Bobby asks “what do you remember?” I avoid his eyes and focus on a liquor bottle as I say “not much, I remember the hellhound ripping me apart and the white and blue light and then nothing. I came to when I was 6 feet under” Bobby sits as I continue “Sam’s phone isn’t working. Dean’s isn’t on. They’re not…” Bobby says “oh their alive. As far as I know.” I nod then it hits me the last part I ask “what do you mean?” Bobby says “I haven’t spoken to Sam in months. Dean was with Cassie 2 months, they split and he’s hunting nonstop, only comes here to check in sometimes. Then when I see Dean he says Sam’s fine.” I ask “you let them separate?” He answers “they were dead set on it.” I say “Bobby why didn’t you stop them?” He answers “I tried. These last month’s haven’t been easy you know. For them or me. We had to bury you.”
I couldn’t take my anger out on Bobby. I felt really guilty all of the pain I had provoked. I say “you’re right, sorry. I didn’t mean to take my anger out on you Bobby, you do so much for us already, I know what I did was selfish, I’m sorry”- I clear my throat and ask “so why did you bury me?” Bobby answers “I wanted you salted and burned. Usual drill...they wouldn’t have it” I answered “glad they did.” Bobby continues “they said you’d need a body when they got you back home somehow. That’s all they said.” Stupid, sons of-“so...you mean...” Bobby says “Dean’s been acting the same, drinks till he drowns and hunts. Sam was quiet, real quiet. And he took off wouldn’t return my calls. Dean says he calls him to check on him I tried to find him but he didn’t want to be found.”
I sigh feeling angry, guilt, sadness, “damn it guys.” Bobby asks “what?” I respond “oh, he got me home okay. But whatever he did it was bad.” Bobby asks “what makes you so sure?” I answer “the grave site. It was like a bomb went off and then there was this presence. I don’t know it surrounded me at a gas station joint, it was a voice I don’t know how but it said my name and the name ‘Castiel’, and then there’s this” I lift my shirt off my shoulder and show him the handprint. “What the hell?” Bobby asks alarmed I say “it’s like a demon yanked me out or rode me out” Bobby asks “but why?” I ask “maybe hold their end of a bargain?” Bobby asks “you think one of them made a deal?” I respond “it’s what I would’ve done.”
Then I ask “when is Dean gonna be here?” Bobby says “I usually leave him a message and he’s due today.” I grimace he’s probably speeding, Bobby asks “what?” I say “I kind of already did.” Before he can respond I hear the familiar roar of the Impala and the door closing and feet pounding against the dirt and “Bobby! Bobby! There was a message”- I walk into his view and my throat closes up and my voice is thick as I say “hey Dean.” He looks at me, and boy did he let himself go. His face goes into hunter mode, and he asks “what the hell are you?” Bobby steps in “it’s her, Dean. I checked.” I smile at him and come forward, he hesitates and then lunges at me and I grab his arm and I say “I’ve already been through this with Bobby, Dean.” He answers “you sick son of a bitch!! My sister’s gone!” He gets out of my hold by shoving me back hard, Bobby grabs him, “Dean, boy! Really it’s Asia!” I grab the same knife I cut myself with before, “Dean this is Bobby’s silver knife.” I cut my other forearm and he stares at the blood, and goes limp in Bobby’s arms and asks “Asia?” I grin and throw myself at him as he hugs me. I did miss him, him and Sammy.
I inhale his scent the leather, alcohol, and car aroma. He stutters as he holds me “but-but you…I”- I step back and say “I know.” He’s tearing up so I say “I’m sorry, so sorry.” He yells “damn right! You should be! What the hell were you thinking, Asia?!” I quietly look down and say “I couldn’t let you die too. First Sammy…I just- I wouldn’t have been able to go on, Dean. I’m not as strong as everyone thinks. And I know it was selfish but I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t lose you, too. But I’m not sorry for what I did, because I would do it again, in a heartbeat.” His face softens as he pulls me into a tender hug. I break it a minute later asking “have you been watching chick flicks again?”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^
“Yeah, hi, I have a cellphone account with you guys and I lost my phone, I was wondering if you could turn the GPS on for me. Yeah, name’s Asher Antilles. Social is 2474. Thank you” I hang up and nod at Dean who turns to look it up on my laptop. “How’d you know he’d use that name?” I answer “twin instincts.” As Dean’s looking it up I ask “hey Bobby? What’s with the liquor on sale or something?” Bobby answers “like I said, last few months ain’t been all that easy.” I say “right,” as the guilt settles in. We hear a ding, and Dean says “Sam’s in Pontiac, Illinois,” Bobby says “right where you were planted” Dean says “right where you popped up,” I ask rhetorically “hell of a coincidence, don’t you think?”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^
We walk down the dingy motel hallway and knock on the door, a black haired girl answers-only wearing a tank top and underwear- “so where is it?” She gave me a look, and she made me mad, aggravated and my skin crawl. Dean asks “where’s what?” She says “the pizza…that takes 3 people to deliver?” Dean says “I think we got the wrong room.” I see Sam come out of a bathroom and say “hey is…”He stops as his eyes land on us or should I say me. He swallows his eyes going to Dean and Bobby and back to me. “Hey Sammy,” my voice thick much like with Dean. I walk in with Dean, pushing the girl away slightly. As I get closer Sam pulls a knife out and lunges at me as the girl screams Dean and Bobby grab Sam as he struggles he yells “who are you?!!” Dean says “Sam. Sammy calm down, chill out for a second.” He’s actually gonna try to play it off? I yell “like you didn’t do this!” Sam yells “do what?” Bobby says “it’s her! We’ve both been through it already, it’s really her.” He stops struggling; I ask “I know I look fantastic, huh?” Bobby and Dean let him go, Sam’s on the verge of tears, as he grabs me and pulls me into a bear hug, where I think I broke some ribs. Dean and Bobby have watery eyes. Sam pulls away and the annoying girl ask “so are you two like…together?” Sam says “what? No. No she’s my sister.” She stutters as I narrow my eyes, I didn’t like her “uh…got it. I…I guess, look I should probably go.” Sam replies “yeah, yeah that’s probably a good idea. Sorry” Since when was Sammy a one night stand kind of guy?
^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sam leads the girl out, both now changed. He opens the door she says “so, call me.” He replies “sure thing, Kathy.” She looks crestfallen “Kristy” she corrects him, while I look at Dean with a raised brow, he shrugs. I sigh; Sam nods to ‘Kristy’ and says “right.” She leaves and he closes the door and starts outing on his shoes at the bed. I wasn’t sitting on a bed where my brother had sex, most likely so I stood up, and Dean did the same maybe not for the same reason though.
Dean asks “so tell me, what’d it cost?” Sam smirks at us “the girl? I don’t pay Dean.” I cut in “cute, Sam. To bring me back? What’d it cost? Was it just your soul or something worse?” Sam asks “you think I made a deal?” Dean and Bobby nod and say “that’s exactly what we think.” Sam says “well, I didn’t,” Dean says “don’t lie to us.” Sam replies “I’m not lying.” I’m a Winchester for a reason, and my anger alone can prove it. I walk up to Sam and say “so what now? I’m off the hook and you’re on, is that it? You’re some demon’s bitch-boy? I made that deal for a reason!” Sam stands up toe to toe with me towering over my 5’2” with his 6’4” but they both knew I could hold my own. Sam says “look Lee, I wish I had done it, all right?”
I grab him now really angry and sick of his lying ass as I say “there’s no other way this could have gone down. Now tell us the friggin’ truth!” He pushes my hand away and retorts “I tried everything, that’s the truth. I tried opening the Devil’s Gate. Hell, I tried to bargain, Lee, but no demon would deal alright? You were rotting in hell for months, and I couldn’t stop it. So I’m sorry it wasn’t me alright? Lee, I’m sorry.” I now believed him, the honesty shining through his eyes. This guy could never lie to me, I knew him like the back of my palm. I say “it’s okay, Sammy. You don’t have to apologize, I believe you.” Bobby says “don’t get me wrong I’m gladdened that Sam’s soul remains intact, but it does raise a sticky question,” Dean finishes “if he didn’t pull Asia out, then what did?” I say “well… I need a beer or two.”
^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sam gets up and hands us the beer, Dean asks “so what were you doing here if you weren’t digging Asia out of her grave?” Sam looks at us then me “well once I figured I couldn’t save you, I started hunting down Lilith trying to get some pay back.” I saw Dean tense, and I knew he would’ve wanted in on hunting Lilith, and that our brother was doing without him had to sting. Bobby asks “all by yourself? Who do you think you are your old man? I spot a bra and nudge Dean who sees it and walks over to it, “uh, yeah, I’m sorry Bobby. I should have called you. Dean I should have called you more and kept you updated with what I was doing. I was pretty messed up.” Dean holds up the bra and sarcastically says “oh, yeah, I really feel your pain.” Sam says “anyway, uh, I was checking these demons out of Tennessee and out of nowhere took a hard left and booked up here.”
I ask “when?” He answers “yesterday.” I reply “when I busted out. Bobby asks “you think these demons are here cause of you?” Dean asks “but why?” I answer “I don’t know. Some badass demon drags me out and now this? It’s just got to be connected somehow.” Dean asks “how you feelin’ anyway?” I think about it and respond “I’m a little hungry,” Bobby says “no, he means do you feel like yourself? Anything strange or different?” I ask “or demonic? No. How many times do I have to prove that it’s me?” Dean says “yeah, well listen no demon’s letting you loose out of the goodness of their hearts. They’ve got to have something nasty planned.”
I say “well, I feel good.” Sam says “okay, look we don’t know what they’re planning. We got a pile of questions and no shovel. We need help.” I could contact Adriel, maybe he knows what’s up, but of course I didn’t say this out loud besides if he heard I was out he’ll contact me. It’s usually how it works, unless I need urgent help. Bobby says “I know a psychic a few hours from here. Something this big, maybe she’s heard the other side talking.” Dean replies “hell, yeah. It’s worth a shot,” I just nod at Bobby. He says “I’ll be right back.”
I stand up to go the bathroom when Dean says “Lee,” and Sam says “hey, wait” at the same time. I turn around to them and Dean reaches down and takes off his neck my-dads-dog tags off. I took them when he passed away, since the Dean had the Impala and dads ring, and Sam had the family photo. I hadn’t even notice I didn’t have them. I nod and send him a grin that he returns with a shake of his head. Sam reaches down and takes my locket out of his pocket as he says “and this,” it was the only thing I had from mom it had only one side since I took out the other and gave it to Sam for Christmas when we were like 8 so I only had one photo where mom was holding me. I say “thanks,” I mean they must’ve cleaned off the blood and guts from them, I thought for sure the hellhound had ripped everything. It’s nice to know they kept things to remember me by. Sam replies “don’t mention it.” As I look down at the picture in my locket and fiddle with it, Sam asks “what was it like?” I tense up, and stop fiddling with it, as I place it on me and look at them both before saying “what, Hell? I don’t know I must have blacked out. I don’t remember a damn thing.” Sam says “well think god for that.” I always was the better liar out of the three of us. Dean says “yeah, thank him for me Sammy,” I sigh as Sam calls him a jerk, and Dean calls him a bitch. I softly say “whatever, I’m using the bathroom.”
^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
I splash water on my face in the bathroom.
Flashback:

“Anastasia one soul. Come on, I know you really want to, you can get off the rack, you’ve been holding out for 50 years. Asia do it, no more suffering, just say the words.”
“Alistair”– I moan, the knife in deep in my arm socket I couldn’t do it, i was too weak for this and with 3 words I seal my fate “yes, I’ll do it.”
“Please, no!” I watched the soul of the blond women and I couldn’t stop it, no remorse was in my mind, all that pain I felt for fifty years came out in a rage, and she was the perfect thing to take it out on. I knew how being on the other side felt, so with a deep breath, I said two words that I knew far too well, and then the screams that tore out of her would haunt me forever.
“I’m sorry”
“Aaaaa-!”
I took a deep breath and looked at my reflection, no longer did I see the girl with the vibrancy in her eyes, and now they looked pained and haunted, like I’d seen too much for my age, which was true. I didn’t like it, it was disturbing, and my brothers would notice.
"Every time I see,

My eyes,

In my reflection,

I can’t help but be disappointed

At who I am”

I won’t ever be the carefree hunter, but I could try to get over this. To be stronger, this was only a shell of what I use to be; I wouldn’t let those evil sons of bitches get the pleasure of seeing me crumble and my brothers nor them would see just how broken I was.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
As I leave the bathroom I see everyone outside so I shuffle to the door and as I walk over to them as Bobby says “she’s about 4 hours down the interstate. Try to keep up,” Bobby gets in his car and Sam says “I assume you want to drive,” he tosses me the keys to my 1967 dark blue Mustang. I chuckle “I almost forgot!” I run my hand over the hood and say “hey, baby, miss me? Wait here until I come back, without my brothers.” “What the hell?” I see a GPS hooked up by my leather seats. Sam knows how I hate them I grab it and toss it at him as he shrugs sheepishly while I roll my eyes and say “I’m going to ride with you guys since we are gonna come back.” I sit in the back and we follow Bobby.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^
About when they’re around half an hour to the psychic’s I remember what I had wanted to ask “there’s something bothering me?” Dean answers “yeah?” I say “yeah the night I died, how’d you guys make it out? I remember the light, I thought she was gonna kill you two.” Sam says “well, she tried.” Dean finishes for Sam “she couldn’t.” I ask “what do you mean she couldn’t?” Sam answers “she fired that burning light it went through and when the light hit Dean it just bounced off of some force field I think. For me it was like I was immune and I saw that it was like Dean was protected.” I asked “immune? Protected?” Dean answers “yeah. Don’t know who was more surprised us or her. She left pretty fast after that,” I ask “what about the other, the blue light?” They exchanged a look and I ask “what?” They look at each other and Dean sighs as he responds “it came from you, Asia. I think it was that light that created the force field or whatever Sam called it, it surrounded us before Lilith hit us with her white blast.”
It was silent for 5 minutes; I mean how do you respond to something like that? I change the subject as I ask “hm. What about the bit-Ruby? Where’d she go?” Sam answers “dead for now.” Dean bluntly asks “so you’ve been using your freaky ESP stuff?” Sam responds “no,” I can tell he was lying it’s pretty easy to tell his shoulders tense and his face scrunches up a bit, like Dean when he lies his voice goes deeper, and usually he tries to make straight eye contact as if to assure you he’s being honest. Dean asks “you sure about that?” I continue because I knew Dean wouldn’t be too lenient and very blunt so I ask “he means you’ve got… immunity or something? We were just wondering if you got more stuff going on.” Sam looses up his shoulders and responds “nothing Asia. Look you didn’t want me going down that road so I didn’t.” I nod as Dean replies “well let’s keep it that way.” I slap Dean’s head and am satisfied when he says “ouch” and smirk as I sit back and I pull my iPod out and listen to music as Sam broods and Dean drives, the rest of the drive is silent.
^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^
Early the next morning we head over to the psychics the next day, and a black haired, pretty, strong looking woman and she exclaims “Bobby!” when we are on the porch. She grabs Bobby in a hug lifting him up some. Dean, Sam and I share a look. “You’re a sight for sore eyes,” Bobby tells her. She steps back and analyzes us- and when I say us I mean she checked out Sam and Dean. She asked “so these the guys?” Bobby nods and says “Asia, Sam, Dean this is Pamela Barnes best damn psychic in the state.” Dean gets his flirt on and says “hey,” Sam and I give awkward “hi”’s.
Pamela looks at me “hm. Anastasia Winchester, out of the fire and back in the frying pan, huh? Makes you a rare individual.” I sigh and quietly say “I guess” Pamela smiles and replies “come on in.” We walk in as she shuts the door; Bobby asks “so, you hear anything?” Pam replies “well, I Ouija’d my way through a dozen spirits. No one seems to know who broke your girl out or why,” damn. That’s comfortable-not. Bobby asks “so what’s next?” She responds “a séance, I think. See if we can see who did the deed.” I didn’t know much about psychics but I know enough to know what a séance was intended for. I ask “you’re not gonna summon this…thing here?” She replies “no, I just want to get a sneak peek at it. Like a crystal ball without the crystal.”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
Pamela leads us to a room and as we walk Dean says “I’m game.” I look around the room as Pam goes to get the things ready. I hear Dean ask “who’s Jesse?” I whirl around and see that on the small of Pam’s back there was a tattoo reading ‘Jesse Forever.’ I rolled my eyes and shook my head at Sam and Dean. Pam laughs and says “well, it wasn’t forever,” Dean flirts with her “his loss.” Pam stands up with a box and smirks as she walks by and remarks “might be your gain.” I walk over to them as Dean excitedly says “dude I am so in,” I smirk and say “she’s gonna eat you alive.” Dean says “hey, any and every time is good, bring it.” Pam walks by us again, winks at Sam and says “you’re invited too grumpy.” I snicker as she’s out of earshot Dean says “you are not invited.”
^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
After the room was setup I sit at Pam’s left with Sam to my left Bobby beside him, and Dean on Pam’s right, which was beside Bobby. Pam says “right, take each other’s hand” we do as she says and I hold Sam’s who I grip and he gives mine a reassuring squeeze. Pam continues “and I need to touch something our mystery monster touched,” I see her hand go under the table to Dean who jumps and says “well he didn’t touch me,” I get nervous because no one had seen the handprint except Bobby. Pam says “my mistake.”
I shift my eyes and take off my plaid shirt revealing my tank top and show her my right shoulder revealing the handprint. Dean and Sam share shocked looks as Bobby looks at me seriously, he must of figured I would’ve told them by now. Pam lays her hand on my shoulder and says “okay.” We all close our eyes and she begins to chant “I invoke, conjure, and command you appear unto me before this circle,” after the third time the TV flickers on, just like at the gas station, the next thing she says scares the hell out of me.
“I invoke, conjure, command…Castiel?” I shoot my eyes open, what the hell? Pam says “no. Sorry, Castiel I don’t scare easy.” I look at Bobby who looks just as shocked as me. I ask “Castiel?” Pamela answers “its name. It’s whispering to me, warning me to turn back.” The table begins to shake, as Pam says “I conjure and command you, show me your face.” Pam says that four more times and things turn more violent, and Bobby says “maybe we should stop?” All of us had now our eyes open. Pam assures Bobby “I almost got it. I command you show me your face! Show me your face now!” The candles flare and Pam screams as a bright white light fills her eyes and she collapses and the noise stops. Bobby catches her as Dean and I help lower her down. Bobby yells “call 9-1-1!” and Sam leaves dialing. Dean crouches down next to me and we look at her as she moans and groans because of the pain, and she opens her eyes and to my horror they’re empty as she says “I can’t see! I can’t see! Oh, god!”
^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^
After the ambulance took Pam Dean, Sam, and I we came to a diner and we ordered some pie and fries, the waitress for some odd reason made my skin crawl. I sat at the end and Dean was beside me on the inside. Sam comes in after he called to check on Pam’s condition and sits down across from us. Dean asks “what’d Bobby say?” Sam answers “Pam’s stable and out of I.C.U.” I sighed and say “and blind because of us,” it wasn’t fair to Pam she wasn’t involved and she got hurt. Sam says “and we still have no clue who we’re dealing with.” Dean replies “that’s not entirely true.” Sam asks “no?” Dean responds “well, we got a name. Castiel or whatever, with the right mumbo-jumbo we could summon him, bring him to us.” That name unnerved me, it made me feel something, but I have no idea why, and that scares the living hell out of me. Sam replies to Dean “you’re crazy. Absolutely not,” Dean counters “we’ll, work him over. I mean, after what he did?” Sam slowly says “Pam took a peek at him and her eyes burned out of her skull, and you want to have a face to face?”
I mean I didn’t like it, but it was better than nothing. Besides this was my problem, mine alone and I wanted to tell them both to let me handle it but they’d never let me go at this alone. So instead I ask Sam “you got a better idea?” Sam says “as a matter of fact I do. I followed some demons to town right?” Dean answers “okay.” I nod silently and Sam says “so, we find them. Someone’s got to know something about something.” The waitress comes back and sets our food at our table; I grab a fry and chew while Sam replies “thanks.” She sits down in a chair beside me, and Dean smirks at her and replies “you angling for a tip?” I roll my eyes and narrow them at her. My skin had goose bumps and not the good kind. She smirks and replies “I’m sorry, thought you were looking for us.” Her eyes turn the demonic black as do the others in the diner. I was about to stand and fight until one goes to the door and locks it while guarding it. The waitresses’ eyes go back to normal as she looks at me, “Anastasia. To hell and back, aren’t you a lucky duck?”
I smirk, as I put on my stony faced persona while hunting, “yep that’s me.” She replies “so you just get to stroll out of the pit, don’t you? Tell me. What makes you so special?” I reply “I like to think it’s because of my sparkling green eyes and personality….I don’t know. Wasn’t my doing, I don’t know who pulled me out.” The demon says “right, you don’t.” Dean responds “we don’t.” She counters “lying’s a sin you know?” I glare as I say “He’s not lying and I sure as hell ain’t. But I’d like to find out, so if you wouldn’t mind enlightening me, flo…” She glared at me “mind your tone with me, girl. I’ll drag you back to hell myself.”
Dean and Sam were about to lunge, but I put a hand on their arms stopping them and they froze. I reply “no, because if you were, you would have done it already. Thing is you don’t know it was that let me free and you’re just as freaked out as we are. You’re looking for answers, maybe it was some super charged spirit or some boss demon, I’m guessing you’re a lower level demon and they don’t tell you jack. Because whoever did this they want me out, and they’re stronger than you. So go ahead, kill me or send me back, but don’t say I didn’t warn you when they come knocking.” She glares at me and says “I’m gonna reach down throat and rip out your lungs.” I lean forward expectantly, but she says nothing and doesn’t move. Dean reaches over and slaps her; she does nothing so he again smacks her. She glares at us as I say “that’s what I thought. Let’s go guys,” as we stand Dean gets a ten out and says “for the pie and fries.”
We quickly walk out and I took a huge breath. I never actually antagonized a demon before I usually left that to Dean. I was always basically with Sam and threw in some comments and helped exorcise it. Dean said “holy crap, that was close.” Sam asks “we’re not gonna leave them in there are we guys?” I respond “well, there are three of them or more and we only got one knife between us three.” Sam remarks “I’ve been killing a lot more demons then that lately.” Dean says “well, not anymore the smarter siblings are back in town.” Sam switches to me “Asia, we got to take them. They are dangerous,” Desperate, much? Sam was starting to surprise me. Dean says “they’re scared okay? Scared of whatever had the juice to yank Asia out. We’re dealing with a bad mofo here; let’s take it a step at a time.”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
Dean and I fell asleep together researching, while Sam was on his laptop last time I checked. I woke up when I heard the radio turn on, and Dean gets up to and gets his shotgun. I hear the familiar murmuring and turn to check on Sam as Dean does, but his bed is empty. Dean grimaces and falls down and I run to him and crouch beside him as I put his arm around his shoulder to help him up and mirrors start breaking. Dean yells as I hurriedly pull him up as Bobby comes in “Asia! Dean!” I run with Dean over to him.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
We pile into Bobby’s car since Dean wasn’t capable of driving, and Sam took my car. Dean dried the blood off his face from the mirrors breaking in the motel room. “How you doing kids?” I respond “okay,” Dean says “aside from the church bell’s ringing in my head, peachy.” Dean calls Sam and I ask Bobby “Dean heard static and ringing, while I heard murmurs and whispers, what does that mean?” He sighed and answered “wish I knew girl.” Dean says “well, uh, Bobby’s back. We’re going to grab a beer.” We give him looks and he puts a finger up signaling us to ‘hold on.’ Sam says something and Dean responds “done, catch you later.” Bobby asks “why the hell didn’t you tell him?” Dean says “because he’d just try to stop us.” Bobby asks “from what?” Dean finishes “summoning this thing.” Bobby and I are shocked. Dean continues “it’s time we faced this head on.”
I silently agree with Dean, Bobby states “you can’t be serious!” Dean replies “as a heart attack. Its high noon, baby.” Bobby tries again “well, we don’t know what it is. It could be a demon, it could be anything.” Dean persists “that’s why we got to be ready for anything. We’ve got the big time magic knife, you got an arsenal in the trunk.” Bobby says “this is a bad idea.” I insert “yeah, I couldn’t agree more, but what choice do we have?” Bobby answers “we could choose life.” I sigh and say “Bobby, whatever this is, it wants me, and it’s after me. That much we know right? I’ve got no place to hide. I can either be caught by surprise or we can make our stand.” Bobby says “guys, we could use Sam for this.” Dean argues “no, he’s better off where he is.”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
We stopped at an abandoned warehouse. Bobby and I write symbols all over the place. Dean says “that’s a hell of an art project you two got going on there.” Bobby answers “traps and talismans from every faith on the globe. How you doing?” Dean replies “stakes, iron, silver, salt, and knife. I mean we are pretty set to kill anything I’ve ever heard of.” Bobby remarks “this is still a bad idea.” Dean responds “yeah, I heard you the first ten times. What do you say we ring the dinner bell?” I shake my head at Dean, as Bobby performs the spell.
^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
An hour passes by with nothing, the guys are sitting while I pace. I pace, sit, pace, sit that’s basically my routine when I’m nervous. Dean asks “you sure you did the ritual right?” Bobby give Dean a look and Dean says “sorry, touchy, touchy huh?” A wind rattles the roof and I grab a saw off as the guys get salt shotguns and we wait. The door burst open and in walks a handsome dark haired, blue eyed man in a business suit and a trench coat.” I felt my heart pond but not in fear, so why was it beating so fast? The light bulbs shatter as he walks; as he walks closer he eyes Dean and Bobby but holds my gaze. His eyes were the most intense blue I’d ever seen. Bullets firing break my trance and I see Dean and Bobby shooting him but it doesn’t seem to slow him down.
As Castiel reaches us I grab the knife and ask “who are you?” Castiel answers “I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.” I respond “right, thank you for that.” With that I pull back and stab him in the heart. Castiel only looks unconcerned and deflated. Bobby attacks Castiel with a crowbar but without looking Castiel puts two fingers to Bobby’s forehead and Bobby collapses.
As Dean and I run to Bobby he grabs Dean and does the same to Dean that he did to Bobby while Dean says “son of a…” and he collapses before he could finish. Castiel says “we need to talk Anastasia, alone.”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPN
I crouch over both Dean and Bobby checking their pulse, and glare at Castiel. Castiel says “your brother and friend are alive.” I ask “who are you?” He answers “Castiel,” I say “yeah, I figured. I mean what are you?” Castiel answers “I’m an Angel of the Lord.” My answer is immediate “no way. There’s no such thing.” Castiel says “this is your problem, Anastasia; you’ve lost your faith.” Lightning flashes and I see big black wings stretch and in a flash they’re gone. “You burned out some woman’s eyes, what angel does that?” He looks guilty-I feel bad- he responds “I warned her not to spy on my true form. It can be…overwhelming to humans and so can my real voice.” It clicks in my mind and I say “you mean the whispering at the motel room and gas station? That was you speaking?”
Castiel nods and I say “I couldn’t hear you very well.” Castiel explains “certain people, special people-like you- can perceive my true visage. I thought you were one of them, and I was right.” I ask “and what visage are you in right now? Holy tax accountant?” Castiel looks at himself and says “this? This is a vessel.” I say “you’re possessing some poor idiot?” Castiel says “he’s a devout man, he actually prayed for this.” I say “well, I don’t believe you. So who are you really?” Castiel frowns and says “I told you.” I respond “right. And why would an angel rescue me from hell?” Castiel states “good things do happen, Anastasia.” I look at him and say “not in my life.” Castiel tilts his head and asks “what’s the matter? You don’t think you deserved to be saved.” I tiredly ask “why’d you do it?” Castiel answers “because god commanded it. Because we have work for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
second chapter