‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

Yes I was burned, but I call it lesson learned

“Another one,” my words were slurred together but the bartender still understood and nodded his head.

“Don’t you think you’ve had enough?” I turned around to see a guy staring me down.

“I still remember, so no I do not think I have had enough.” I took the shot of Jack that the bartender had put down and front of me and I made a face. I don’t understand why people like drinking this shit; it burns and does absolutely nothing. “Another one,” I slurred.

“No, she’s had enough.” The stranger from behind me spoke.

“The fuck I have! I want another god damn shot!” I turned to bartender, “Please just one more, I can still remember.” I tried to plead with him.

“Sorry Miss, it’s all closed up for the night.” I then realized the clock on the wall read 4:23.

“Please,” I whimpered remembering all to well the pretty blonde girl that Carter was dancing with all night and then disappeared with. The girl that should have been me.

“Let me call you a cab home, yeah?” The stranger asked again.

“No!” I yelled standing up, “I can’t go home, please anything but that.”

“What the fuck am I supposed to do then?” He asked but I don’t remember what my answer was because I blackout after that.

*


“Hello? Are you still alive?” Someone poked my side and I groaned. “Yup, still alive; Come on time to wake up,” The person coax me into opening my eyes and as soon as I did the sun was like bullets to my eyes.

“Make it go away,” I moaned and grabbed the pillow I was laying on and put over my face.

“Oh shit! Sorry I forgot to close the blinds,” A semi-similar voice told me. “Better?” I peaked out of the pillow and the room was dark again.

“Yes thank you,” I then realized the killer headache I had and groaned again. “Does this happen every time you drink?” I asked the stranger before accepting the water and Advil he handed me. “Thank you.”

“If you drink enough it does,” The stranger smiled. “I’m Oliver by the way, but you can call me Ollie, everyone does.”

“Cam,” I nodded my head. “So what happened last night?” I asked still very confused on why I was laying in this stranger’s bed with nothing but my panties and a over sized tee-shirt on.

“Well I don’t know the full story,” he paused chuckling. “But I am the owner of the bar you got completely trashed at last night and you were super drunk and you didn’t want to go home so I took you here.”

“Ah shit I’m sorry, I normally don’t drink but I had a crap of a night.” I told Oliver hanging my head down with shame.

“It’s alright, you said you wanted to forget something, wanna talk about it?” He asked smiling and I shook my head no. “You sure? Sometimes the best way of getting over things is talking about them.” His smiled caused me to smile.

“You got any bacon?” I asked with a small smile on my lips and he just smirked.

*


“And then I raced to the bar, your bar, and I was ready to confess my love for this asshole and when I get there he has this whore hanging off his arms.” I finished my story and my pancakes that Oliver so nicely bought for me along with some bacon, eggs and orange juice. I told him the whole story starting from the moment I left for Texas all the way to last night, not stopping and he lessened. I don’t know why I told him but there is something about Oliver that made me want to tell him all about my life story.

“You know its not just there fault, you were being a pussy and lost your chance. It sucks but you can’t just drink yourself to oblivion, you need to get over this fucker and his blonde bitch.” Oliver told me so bluntly and I problem looked like a fish out of water not sure how to responded to that.

“I want to get over him, I really do. I’ve been trying since I was fifteen but I can’t find anyone worth trying to form a relationship with.”

“Just fuck somebody,” Oliver shrugged his shoulders.

I looked at him appalled, “I’m not some Hollywood whore. I can’t just fuck somebody because I’m hurt or depressed. If I do have sex with somebody I want it to mean something.”

“Understood,” He held his arms up in defense. “It was just a suggestion.”

“I’m so helpless,” I groaned out and put my head on the table.

“Maybe your not, how about I try to help?”

“What do you mean?” I asked lifting my head up.

“I’m not going to lie to you Cam, you’re definitely a babe and I would love to fuck you, but there is more than just physical attraction with you and I would like to try and start a relationship with you. So what do you say, dinner tonight at seven?”

“I-uh, I-do, um” I stuttered not finding the words I wanted to use.

“Great I’ll pick you up at your house at seven, text me the address alright?” Oliver opened the door for me and handed me my keys to Luke’s car.

“Sure,” I trailed off not sure of exactly what was happening.

“Great can’t wait,” Oliver smiled and took off leaving me confused and standing in the middle of the empty bar parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun!
haha (: Is everyone back in school already? If so how was your first week? Mine sucked monkey balls! Sorry this didn't come out sooner, I had work from 9-11 on Saturday and i had a shit load of homework on Sunday to do, but luckily I found some time to type this up for ya! (:
PS. Sorry for any mistakes, I still have a load of homework to do but i wanted to get this out. I'll fix any major mistakes later!
STAY BEAUTIFUL MY LOVELIES