‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

You say that I'm a mess, how could you expect anything less

Things with Oliver and I have been going great for the past three weeks, and Carter was also getting very close to his girlfriend. It was the day we left for Florida, and I was not looking forward to it. “Just come to Christmas with me and my family.” Oliver pouted on the floor, he was helping me pack my bag.

“I can’t just intrude on your family holiday, especially after we have only been dating for three weeks.” I argued back throwing a pair of jeans in my bag.

“Three weeks and one day,” Oliver smirked.

“Smart ass,” I grumpled taking a seat next to him.

“Come on, please.” He gave me a puppy dog face and I sighed.

“I pinky promise if I get in over my head I will take the first plane to New York and spend the holiday with you and your parents, deal?” A smile broke out across his face.

“I just knew the puppy dog face would work,” he grinned cheekily at me. I hit him on his arm.

“Cheater!”

“All is fair in love and war,” he smirked.

“Not uh,” I pouted like a three year old.

“Cam you almost ready, we leave in like thirty minutes.” Luke popped his head in my room, I smiled and nodded at him.

“Just give me one more minute and I’ll be done.” Luke frowned but nodded nonetheless.

“I’m going to miss you so much,” I smiled and kissed him.

“I’m going to miss you too,” we got off my bed and he grabbed my luggage for me. Once we got down stairs we shared a few more goodbyes and a couple more kisses before I was in Luke’s white Range Rover on my way to LAX.

*


Mr. and Mrs. Fisher had picked us up at the airport around five in the afternoon. My dad wasn’t home with his new wife or his child so Mrs Fisher had invited me over into there house until my dad had returned home. Turns out my dad ‘forgot’ I was coming home this week and I was forced to find a hotel to stay at, not like I minded. But Mr and Mrs Fisher weren’t having it, so that is how I ended up in Carter’s bedroom.

“This is so awkward.” I spoke breaking the silence.

“How so?” Carter asked taking off his shirt and climbing into bed, the one that we were sharing, together, as one.

“I haven’t been in here since freshman year, but it still looks the same.”

He chuckled, “I bet your room still looks the same.”

I grimaced, “probably not since my dad has a new kid.” The room got even more quite after that. “You know, I think I’m just going to sleep downstairs.” I went to get up but carter pulled me back down.

“No, I’ll sleep downstairs.”

“No Carter its fine, I don’t mind really.”

“Cam this isn’t up for discussion,” he got up and made his way out of the room.

“Thank you,” I smiled even though I knew he couldn’t see it with the lights off.

“Anything for you Cam,” he shut the door and left.

This weekend is going to be the death of me I sighed and turned over trying to get comfy.

*


“Morning sweetie,” Mrs. Fisher was standing over the bed smiling at me.

“Morning Mrs. Fisher, thank you so much for letting me stay here last night. I really appreciate it.” I smiled and she returned one.

“It’s really no problem, but get changed and were all going out for breakfast.” I smiled big and nodded. “And your father will be joining us,” my smile fell just as fast as it came.

“I uh—not hungry anymore.” I frowned and sat back on the bed.

Mrs. Fisher came and wrapped her arms around me, like a real mother would. “Do it for me?” She smiled and I sighed,

“Only for you Mrs. Fisher,” she grinned really big and I got changed.

I quickly changed and headed downstairs, we were off to Joe and Eddies, a local favorite around here. We pulled up to the old barn and got a table to fit all of us. I sat in-between Luke and Derek.

“Excited to see your dad?” Derek asked sipping his sweet tea.

“Thrilled,” I replied sarcastically before taking a sip of my own sweet tea. I practically moaned, you can only get sweet tea this good down in the south. The waitress cam around and took out orders, and still no dad.

“Honey where is your father? He is never tardy.” Luke’s mother asked me with a slight frown.

“Who knows, maybe he over slept his alarm.” She nodded satisfied with my answer.

“So how is California treating you guys?”

“I still love it more than anything,” Luke smiled.

“Its no Florida that’s for sure, but its nice and the pay is great.” I smiled and everyone looked at Carter for an answer.

“It’s going good, I finally have a girlfriend.” Almost instantly Carter’s parents turned towards me smiling. “Yeah her name is Callie.” There faces dropped and I almost laughed, but instead my father finally decided to make an appearance.

“Hello Camille,” His wrinkled face turned into what I think was a smile.

“Father,” I greeted him with just as much fake enthusiasm as he did.

What a fun weekend indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO SORRY for the long wait.
I even got a lovely comment, I have just been so overwhelmed with school work and work and volunteer hours, and my parents leaving to go on vacation. It's been a busy two weeks. Hopefully the next update will come out quicker. (:
Stay beautiful!!!!