‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

I hope you like me as I am

People were dancing all around me, trying to avoid bumping into me; some just didn’t give a fuck and ran straight into me muttering a few choice words to themselves. I was consumed in my thoughts, not really caring that one guy split some of his smoothie on me or that and young teenager grabbed my ass; I couldn’t concentrate even if I wanted to. I felt like a dirty person and I just wanted to escape. “HEY! Cam! There you are!”

I looked up to see Oliver running towards me, I forced out a small smile. He picked me up twirling me around like we’ve been apart for a couple of months, not days. “I’ve been looking for you; I didn’t think JFK would be so busy.” He gave me a sheepish smile and I shrugged.”

The people didn’t bug me, my actions are. “It’s alright,” I told him truthfully. He smiled and came in for another time, this time burying his face in the crook of my neck. I instantly froze, not because I didn’t like his actions but because I was afraid I still smelt like sex.

“You smell nice,” He smiled.

I gulped, “thanks.”

“Shall we be on our way?” He asked taking my bags from me.

“We shall,” I slung the remainder bag on my shoulder lacing my fingers with Oliver’s. The taxi ride was short and silent, both to my pleasure. We arrived to Oliver’s parents’ apartment, or shall I say palace. Even though they didn’t own the entire building it was magnificent. It looked like a princess belonged there, not some southern baseball girl.

“It’s beautiful,” I smiled towards Carter who only nodded in return. The door guy opened the door for us and the bell-hops were quick to my bags, taking them out of our hands and already to the apartment we would be staying at.

“Would you like a cookie?” A short woman with long black hair held out a tray full of warm chocolate-chip cookies. I smiled and took two.

“Don’t mind if I do,” Oliver chucked taking one out of my hand, obviously thinking I grabbed it for him.

“Come on, my parents are excited to meet you,” I swallowed the rest of my cookie violently.

“Looking like this?!” I asked shocked, normally I wouldn’t have minded showing up to meet someone in a pair of jeans and boots. But Oliver’s parents were elite socialites, and I didn’t want to embarrass Oliver.

“Of course not,” he chuckled. “We have an hour to meet them at Le Famille, so we better hurry up.” I nodded following him into the apartment. I was so stunned that I just stopped walking, this wasn’t an apartment. This was bigger than Luke’s house and my father’s house combined. We had a view over the northern side of Central park. It was nice and open, but the furniture looked like it belonged in a catalog and not in a house. It was too unlived-in if you asked me.

“Hurry, I’ve already laid out you outfit on the bed.” Oliver said rushing me into a small guest room with a cream colored dress already on the bed along with a pair of heels and a bag. Normally I would think it was cute if a guy picked out an outfit for me, but with Oliver it feels like he is doing it because he didn’t want me screwing it up and looking bad, it felt like I was his trophy girlfriend.

“Okay you have twenty minutes, I’ll be getting ready myself.” He closed the door behind him and I realized I didn’t have time to shower.

Great I was going to meet my boyfriend’s parents smelling like sex. What a fantastic first impression.

***


“How nice of you to finally join us,” a lady well into her fifties shot me a frown.

Oliver smiled, “Hello mother.” He engulfed his mother in a hug and when they pulled apart she looked at me expectantly.

“Hello, I’m Camille but please call me Cam.” I held out my hand for her to shake, when she didn’t I slowly retracted it. “I’m sorry about being late; my plane was delayed in Atlanta.” I added awkwardly already taking it this woman did not like me.

“Its quite alright dear, please takes a seat.” She smiled and pointed towards the two empty seats at the table.

Oliver cleared his throat, “This is my mother, Alana” He pointed at his mother. “And this is my father, Roy” I turned my attention to the bald man sitting down, I didn’t even notice him before.

“It’s nice to meet both of y’all.” I smiled at the two parents before taking my seat.

“So Camille, Oliver has never mentioned you before.” She sent me a smirk before continuing, “So tell us about yourself.

I took a sip of water before continuing, “Its Cam actually and there’s nothing much that is interesting. I play baseball for the LA Dodgers, I graduated with a teaching degree and I love dogs.”

“Hmm, teaching doesn’t pay well and nether does baseball, how do I know your not going after my son for our money?” She asked so blankly.

Oliver choked on his water, “Mother!”

“Now, now Oliver I have the right to ask.”

I smiled at him reassuringly, “It’s alright Oliver,” I turned my attention back to the old bat. “Actually I make more then enough to support myself with my baseball career and when that is over I plan to go back to school and get my PhD.” I smiled proudly at her and she just crossed her arms over her chest.

“Wow diner looks great,” Oliver spoke taking a seat at the table.

“Indeed it does,” I took a seat next to him. He grabbed my hand under the table giving it a small reassuring squeeze and somehow I knew everything was going to turn out just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I haven't updated in over 2 weeks.......... this is terrible! I am so sorry!
There are no excuses for this, I'll try to update a lot more! Pinky promise.
Don't give up on me yet guys! I've got this! (:
Cam's outfit

So I read the hunger games (for like the 72th time) and I can officially say that I am SUPER excited for the movie. Even though every book-turn-movie ends up like crap, I still cant wait.