‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

Dreams don't work unless you do

Things didn’t get better on my trip, in fact they got worse. Oliver’s mother made it crystal clear that she didn’t like me, and every time I confronted Oliver about it, he just told me that “she doesn’t do well with strangers.” It was the real vacation from hell. As soon as we got back from New York, I had Oliver drop me off at the car dealership so I could pick-up my car.

They already had it waiting for me, making it so much easier on me. All I had to do was sign for the car and I got the keys. I thanked the guys and drove off singing old Jimmy Buffet songs all the way home. Reality sunk in and I realized the boys were coming home soon, but not just any boy, Carter was coming home; the same boy who I slept with just days prior.

Direct confrontation was not my thing, so I did what I do best and I ran. I packed up all my things in the small guest room and I booked it. Leaving Luke a small courtesy letter explaining to him that I found an apartment that would be perfect for me and I left. I drove to the nearest holiday inn and booked a room. I was starting fresh, I told myself. A Carter-free life, no longer will he be able to control my decisions.

I took out my old Dell laptop and started searching for an apartment. I saw a roommate wanted advertisement, and what made it even better was the name of the other roommate, it was perfect. I dialed the number and waited for the person to pick up.

“Hello?” The person answered on the third ring.

“Hey remember me? It’s Cam.” I smiled even though she couldn’t see it.

“Oh hey Cam! How’s it going?”

“Well that’s why I called you; I want to be your new roommate.”

***


I took a deep breath knocking on the door carefully. The door swung open reveling a grinning Alex. “Oh my gosh!” She jumped, embracing me into a tight hug. “Come in, come in.” She ushered me in helping me take in one of my suit cases. “So this is my humble adobe,” she told me smiling. “Rent is due on the first Friday of every month, the kitchen is over there, the living room is right over there and your bedroom is down the hall first door on your left.” She pointed out all the places to me. “Any questions?”

“None right now, thanks again Alex.” I smiled at her while she led me to my room.

“Honestly I needed a girlfriend and a roomy, so you’re helping me out a bunch; and I’m happy I don’t have to live with some forty year old pervert that goes threw my underwear drawer.” I chuckled nodding; she helped me carry my stuff to my room and dropped everything on my bed. “Well I’ll let you get settled in.” With pep in her step she skipped out of my room humming to herself.

I took this alone time to really take in my room, it was a light blue, much smaller than the guest room at Luke’s house but big enough for me. There was no walk-in closet for me to hang my clothes in just a small brown dresser in the corner. The bed was a nice size and I had a view over the pool at the apartment complex. There was a small car in the corner and an empty book case, the room was perfect. I could tell that Alex spent a lot of time and effort into making this room look good, which I’m so glad because I stink at decorating.

I started putting away my clothes and hanging up some of my pictures. I put my toiletries away in the connecting bathroom. It was a pale yellow color with just a shower, a toilet and a sink. I smiled finishing up organizing my new place and decided to explore the home some more.

I walked into the kitchen; it was small but very homey. [c]Alex’s[/c] Our entire apartment was like that; small, simply and comforting. “How do you like it?” Alex popped out of nowhere, making me jump slightly.

“I absolutely love it! Thank you so much Alex,” I smiled giving her a big hug which she returned.

“If you say thank you one more time I will hurt you!” She warned with a smile, “It’s our apartment now, anyways I just stopped by to say that I have to go out and I wont be back till late. Any thing in the kitchen you want help yourself, but if you want certain things you’re going to have to buy them. TV remote is on the coffee table and you should be able to figure everything else out, bye!” She talked really fast I only caught a few of her words, but before I could ask any questions she was out the door. I sighed looking around, this is home. My home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's new apartment
Cam's new bedroom
kitchen
car
Happy 11-11-11 everyone! I hope all your wishes come true! <3

So I've been getting REALLY off the plot for this story, I mean this hasn't been about Cam and baseball in FOREVER. So I'm going to try and fix that up in the next few chapters. So I can promise you that in the next chapter there will be baseball and more drama!

3 people un-subscribed, it makes me sad :(
I'll try to update more but I do have school work, and softball and somewhat of a life. ILL TRY HARDER MY LOVELIES!!
STAY BEAUTIFUL <3