‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

Girls and their emotions, replay it back in slow motion

“So what exactly are you telling me?” I watched as she ran her fingers threw her long blond hair, nervously picking at her split-ends.

I sighed again, “I hate to be the one to tell you this but Carter and I slept together, more than once.” I looked up to see her just sitting there like she didn’t care.

Then the crazy bitched started laughing, “Sweetheart, I knew this.”

“What?!” I jumped up in shock. “You just let your boyfriend fool around and your cool with it?” I asked pacing back-n-forth. “Who in the world is okay with there boyfriend sleeping with other women?”

“Nobody in their right mind,” She answered smartly. She took one look in my face and patted the chair next to her, I hesitantly took a seat.

“What’s going on?” I asked looking straight into her eyes.

“I’m an old friend of Derek’s and Carter’s; they asked me to do them a huge favor.”

“I still don’t follow,” I told her.

“Cam, they asked me to make you jealous.”

I once again stood up in shock, “Why-y would they do that to m-me?” I asked nearing hysterics.

Callie pulled me back down onto the coach, “They wanted you to realize your true feelings and stop running away from love.”

I shook my head feeling a wave of emotions crash over me, “I-I don’t know what to say.”

“Do what your heart tells you to do,” She smiled.

Image


And that is exactly how I ended up here, on an air plane, on my way to New York City, alone. Not by following my heart but by following what my head says. Following my head has lead me to many great places including to Major league, so I’m not changing anything. My head in the end, always knows what is best for me.

Once we landed I caught a cab and went directly to the hotel not really in the mood to go sight seeing. By eight o’clock I was out like a light, sleeping soundly, and trapped in a dream land.

By the time four o’clock rolled around I was up, dressed, and on my way to the studio. When I arrived I was ushered into hair and make-up and met up briefly with the hostess, she was nice but way to plastic for my taste.

By seven o’clock we were on air, and my name was being called out. This interview was going to be different from the last one I did in LA. For one it was just me, and another reason is it was being broadcast nationwide. I was nervous to say the least.

“Welcome, Welcome Miss. Camille.” Judith smiled tightly at me. The audience clapped for what seemed like entirety.

“Thanks,” I spoke up once the clapping died down. “But I go by Cam.”

“Right,” She shuffled the cards in her hand before looking back up at me. “So tell me how does it feel to be the only female in the MLB?”

I smiled and answered my usually response, I’ve been asked this question so many times before.

Judith continued to pop ‘ice-breaker’ questions at me. She slowly eased her way into more personal questions, “So is there any special someone in your life?” She winked at the crowed and I blushed.

“Well yeah, my family, my friends, my roo—“

“Oh come on!” She cut me off, “There has to be someone that you have your eye on.”

I blushed again before shaking my head and giving her a no.

“Well you heard it here first; Miss. Cam here is the most eligible bachelorette.” My smile quickly faded into a frown and before I could correct what had already been broadcast, we went to commercial.

Judith turned to me frowning, “Cam, try to be more likeable would you? Its getting hard carrying your pouting ass during the show.”

I was offended, but it wasn’t the time or place to release my anger. “Sorry,” I muttered.

“And were back,” Judith announced and the audience clapped. “So Cam, you’ve tied your first game, what are your expectations for the rest of the season?”

The rest of the interview went by pretty smoothly, Judith didn’t bring up anymore personal questions and I was relatively peppy. Everybody on set ether got a picture or a hug from me and I was off on my way.

Image


“Yeah I’m coming home soon, I’ll be back tomorrow.”

“Good, because I’m bored and your boy toy wont leave me alone and keeps asking when your coming back. Blah, blah, blah boring stuff.” I laughed at Alex, knowing she was probably all over Carter.

“I’ll be back tomorrow at noon.” There was a knock on my hotel room door. “Listen Alex I’ll call you tomorrow, I gotta go.”

“See ya later sucker!” I ended the call before slipping my phone into my pocket; I opened the door to see a pair of blond twins standing at my door.

“Hello, can I help you?” I asked nicely.

“Cam! It’s so nice to see you again,” They both gave me bone crushing hugs.

“Again?” I asked, I’m sure I’ve never seen these boys in my entire life.

“Yeah remember, I’m Brandon and this is Brad.” He pointed to himself before gesturing towards his brother.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know you.” I told him getting ready to shut my door.

“From the state championships,” Brad told me.

Suddenly I remember the sexist brothers, “Ahhh Brad and Brandon.”

“Its Brandon and Brad,” Brandon corrected smiling.

“Does it matter?” I asked with an eyebrow raised.

“I guess not,” Brandon shrugged.

“Well what brings you here?” I asked leaning against the door post.

“We just wanted to say congrats on making it into the Major league, and we look forward to playing against you, again.” Brad smiled, still the same boys I see.

“No shit?” I asked laughing, “What team did you guys sign with?”

“The New York Yankees,” Brandon told me like it was obvious.

“Wow, congrats to you to.”

“Thanks, well goodbye Cam. We look forward to seeing you again.”

I laughed at there randomness and waved goodbye. “I’m still going to win this time!”

“We’ll see!” They both called back.
♠ ♠ ♠
**

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!
Hope everyone is surviving the holidays (:
Stay Beautiful! <3