Status: Updated every two weeks

Stolen

Workaholic

Walking through the front door of her grandmother’s house, Harley hung her keychain on a hook by the door, then made her way through the house and into her bedroom. After dropping her bag on the bed, she sat in a chair to relax.
It had been a long day for twenty year old Harley Tallon. After three different hour long classes one right after the other, then a five hour shift at a local boutique, Harley had no other plans but to crawl into bed and sleep the night away.
Glancing over at her clock, she slowly stood up and began changing her clothes. It was 7:15 in the evening, and her grandmother would soon be home with dinner.
Harley had been living with her grandmother since she was 13 years old. An only child, she was born when her mother was 15 and her father was 16. Her father immediately gained custody of her and she hadn’t seen her mother in years. At the age of 13, her father had been arrested and put in jail and Harley and went to live with her grandma Rosa. Though her father was only in jail for a year, Harley continued living with her grandma by choice.
Hearing the front door open, Harley finished changing her clothes then quickly pulled her laptop and cell phone out of her bag and laid them on her bed, she then made her way back through the house and into the kitchen only to find her grandma wasn’t alone. Standing at the counter with a scowl on her pretty heart shaped face was her younger cousin Danni.
“What’s wrong with you?” Harley asked her 18 year old cousin as she walked over to the kitchen table to help her grandmother unload the Japanese takeout food that they had every Friday night.
“It’s hot” Danni said simply walking over and laying her head on their grandmother’s shoulder.
“What’s hot?” Harley asked confused as the room was a cool 70 degrees thanks to the central air conditioning.
Shaking her head, Danni whimpered then frowned even more as their grandmother started laughing.
“She ate a jalapeño pepper” her grandma said through fits of laughter.
“Why would you do that?!?!” Harley asked in disbelief watching as Danni walked back towards the sink while Harley followed.
“She said they weren’t that hot!” Danni gasped pointing accusingly at their grandma who only laughed harder.
“Grandma” Harley said trying to hide her own laughter as she fixed a glass of cold water.
“What?” her grandma said back in the same tone “she knows better than to believe me”
Grandma Rosa had spent the first 21 years of her life in her home country of Mexico before moving to the United States and marrying their grandfather three years later. Therefore, after living with Grandma Rosa for the last seven years and spending the majority of her time with her even before moving in, Harley was used to the spicy foods her grandmother would make. Danni, however, had grown up in a different state and usually only spent a week or so with them, had only recently moved in with them. Therefore, she wasn’t used to spicy foods at all and often couldn’t handle them.
Handing the glass to Danni, Harley walked back away from them and out the front door. Immediately, she was met with the distant sounds of a car engine coming from a house farther down their street. Still laughing, she started down the drive way towards the mailbox which she had forgotten to check. Hearing the door open followed by laughter then the door slam shut again, Harley stopped walking and waited for Danni to catch up.
“She still laughing?” Harley asked as Danni caught up and they both started towards the mailbox again.
Growling softly, Danni only nodded her head.
Walking in silence, the sounds began getting closer, then a large SUV speed up the hill towards the exit of their dead end street. Once the driver caught sight of them, the vehicle began to slow. Rolling her eyes, they came to a stop at the box just as the SUV came to a halt in front of them.
Groaning when the window rolled down, Harley caught sight of not only the driver, but two passengers as well. Ian, the man sitting in the passenger seat and Seth who was driving, both began to smirk when they seen the scowl Harley wore.
Seth, Miles, and Ian had been the bane of Harley’s existence for as long as she could remember. She had known them for the majority of her life and they had always been mean to her. Throughout junior high and high school, Harley had been a quiet little book worm while the boys all became ladies men and spent a good deal of their time making fun of the less popular kids. So naturally, picking on Harley was a great time consumer for the boys. Now, the two of the three friends were worse than ever. The 21 year old men were each laden with multiple tattoos, piercings, and a deep love for cars. Unfortunately, Seth and Ian were still well known ladies men and had recently taken to hitting on Harley as well as harassing her. And by the look they each had on their faces and the glance they shared, they now had their sights set on Danni.
“Well that’s not a nice face to make” Seth said looking at Harley with a smirk.
Harley, who simply glared, chose to ignore him and retrieve the mail before turning back towards the house.
“I disagree” she heard Ian say “Hi Danielle”
“Hi” Danni said back taking on a flirty tone and reaching a hand out to stop Harley from leaving. Danni had always thought the guys were hot. Groaning again, Harley turned back around and stayed by Danni’s side as she continued to talk to the guys.
“I take it you’ll wanna tag along too”
Looking up, Harley realized she had zoned out and everyone was now looking at her expectantly.
“What?” she said turning her attention back to the conversation
“Party-tonight-my house” Seth said slowly rolling his bold green eyes at her
“No” Harley said simply making Seth look back at her
“And why not?” he asked staring at her intently
“Yeah, why not?” Danni asked in a shocked tone
Glaring at Danni before turning to back to Seth’s unwavering look that was now making her uncomfortable.
“Because you don’t really want me there” she finally said “you only invited me cause you want Danni to come and you knew she wouldn’t if I wasn’t invited. Oh and you also hope to get me drunk enough to finally fuck you”
Laughing at Ian and Danni’s shocked expressions, Seth simply smirked back at her. He had never been surprised by her quick wit and snappy comebacks.
“You said it like it’s a bad thing” he said simply
“It is” she snapped back then turned to Danni “you can go if you want, but I have a lot of home work to do”
Hearing a scoff, everyone looked towards the back of the car where Miles had finally rolled his window down.
“All you ever do is work” he said looking back at Harley
After graduating from high school, Miles’ ego had deflated a great deal. He was hardly ever rude to her anymore and she could even sometimes have a nice conversation with him. But he also had a way of making people uncomfortable with his way of speaking. He didn’t talk much, but when he did, he always told the truth which made most people believe he was harsh. Something that was far from the actual truth, he was just an honest person.
“Yep” Harley said knowing it was true “and I have to work at the shop all weekend, so I can’t go anyway”
Rolling his eyes, he shook his head at her and rolled his window back up
“Really?” Danni said sadly looking at her “but I want you to come to”
“She’s too busy being a stick in the mud” Ian said drawing their attention back to him. “But your coming right?”
“I guess” Danni said hesitantly
“Good” Seth said now ignoring Harley but continuing to stare at her. “We’ll see you later” he said, then rolled up his window and the drove off without a second glance.
“Do you really have a lot of work to do?” Danni asked as they made their way back towards the house, then frowned as Harley nodded. “I don’t want to leave you here to work alone though.”
“Don’t worry about me, if it makes you feel any better, I’ll call Lola and make her come keep me company”
“Alright” Danni said perking back up at once then heading to the table as they entered the house.
Laying the mail on a corner table, Harley followed Danni to the table for dinner.


[img=http://www.polyvore.com/chapter_stolen/set?id=32952542] Harley[\img]
[img=http://www.polyvore.com/chapter/set?id=32953242]Danni[\img]
♠ ♠ ♠
So I accidently deleted this chapter, so here it is again.Outfit links are posted at the bottom Thanks for reading. Enjoy :)

-Honey