Status: Updated every two weeks

Stolen

Aftermath

Sitting on the front step of her grandmother’s house, Harley listened as her grandmother listed the stolen items to the police inside.

It was around 10:30 in the morning, and after giving her statement to the police, she had settled herself on the step and went over the events of the previous night.

She could not believe what had happened. It was bad enough that her family home had been broken into, but she had nearly had sex with the burglar. Of course she hadn’t told anyone about that particular part of the night, but she was still trying to understand why she had done it. She realized that the reason she had acted the way she did, was because there was something familiar about the man.

Replaying the night in her head, she tried to make sense of her actions. There had been something familiar about the man, but she had no idea what that meant. Hearing a car engine coming up the road, Harley looked up. When a shiny vintage car came speeding into view, she started to look back down only to look back up when she heard the car began to slow. Recognizing the car and it’s driver, she stood up and walked to meet the car as it turned into her drive way.

As she reached the car, she saw her cousin getting out of the passenger side.

“What happened?” Danni asked looking wide eyed from the cop cars and back to Harley.

Looking back at the car, she saw Miles slowly climb out of the car and make his way to them.

“Someone broke in last night” she answered quietly

“What?” Danni said starting to panic “is grandma okay?”

“Calm down, she’s fine. I found out not her” Harley said wrapping an arm around her cousin’s shoulders.

“Danni go inside” Miles finally said looking at Harley closely.
Nodding her head, she quickly made her way into the house.

“Come on” Miles said walking away from the house. As they came to the end of the drive way he began to talk.

“So what happened?”

“I told you what happened” she said looking at him out of the corner of her eye
“someone broke in, two guys actually”

“Yeah I know that” he said as they turned onto the street “but what’s got you all messed up in the head”

“I think a robbery would fuck with anybody’s mind”

“True” Miles answered “but I haven’t seen you this messed up since Keith Sellics popped your cherry sophomore year.”

Shaking her head at his choice of words she said “That’s because he broke up with me the next day then hooked up with two other girls at some random party.”

“I told you he was bad news”

“I think I’ve had enough of the ‘i told you so’s. Besides, you were a jerk back then, why would I believe you?” she said thinking of how he had acted back in high school.

“Stop changing the subject” Miles snapped “tell me what’s got your mind all twisted”

“Well one of the guys that broke in” she started but hesitated.

“What about him?” Miles asked stopping to look at her curiously

“Well, I almost had sex with him” she said quietly, hoping he didn’t hear her.
Miles only reaction was to arch an eyebrow at her, but didn’t say anything. After a while, she began to walk again to avoid looking at him.

Falling back into step beside her, Miles stayed quiet.

“Aren’t you going to say something?” she asked.

“No”

“What? Why?” she asked stopping to look at him.

“Well, I know you” he said shrugging his shoulders nonchantly.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Hyper down, I just meant that you have a thing for danger” he said looking her in the eye.

“Why would you say that?” she asked totally confused. Nothing about her said ‘Dangerous’ not even a little “I’m the safest person you know”

“Oh please” he scoffed rolling his eyes at her “You’re the first to try anything dangerous and you know it. That innocent little front you put up is just an act so no one finds out the truth. Including yourself”

“And what truth is that?” she questioned turning and heading back towards her grandmother’s driveway.

“If you can’t see, then you don’t deserve to know” Miles said smirking as he walked beside her then cutting her off when he say she was about to retort.

“You coming to the party tonight?”

“Really?” she snapped annoyed at the change of subject “You just had a party last night. You do need to sleep occasionally you know”

“I know” he laughed at her tone “but this one’s different, no jailbait” he said eyeing Danni standing with her grandmother

“Do I even want to know what happened last night?” she said shaking her head at Miles who knew that Danni was in fact 18, but still referred to her as a kid.

“No” he shook his head quickly “but it did involve a great deal of alcohol and me dragging her from Ian’s room this morning where she passed out fully clothed”

“Well at least he didn’t take advantage of her” Harley mumbled to herself.

“I never said that nothing happened” Miles smirked “just that she was fully clothed when I found her, and as you can see, not her clothes” he continued nodding towards Danni.

“Oh gross” she muttered as they came to a stop by his car.

“Party starts at 9:30, want me to come get you?” he said pulling out his keys

“I never said I was going, I have to work tomorrow” she snapped at him with a smile

“Then don’t drink, if your not there by 9:20 I’m coming to get you” he said, the shook his head as he climbed in the car “Scratch that, I’m coming to get you anyway, your going weather you like it or not”

“Gee thanks”

“See you later, leave the kid at home please, no babysitting tonight” he said slamming the door and starting the car.

Watching him pull out, she thought back to their earlier conversation. Taking in exactly what he had said and trying to make sense of her encounter with the man during the robbery.

“Harlow” Danni called from the porch “come eat”

Mentally shacking herself, Harley looked up to see that the police had left. Shaking her head again, she walked towards the house.


Harley
Danni
Miles
Miles car
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay an update!!! And it only took me like five months. Sorry about that btw. Things have been kinda crazy, but their starting to calm down. So thanks for reading, comments are always welcome. XOXO
-Honey