Status: Updated every two weeks

Stolen

Stay Away

“That was fun” Danni said smiling as they were seated in a small café.

As promised, Harley took Danni out for a girl’s day that started about eight that morning. Now seven hours, a spa trip, and thirteen stores later, they were sitting down for a late lunch before heading home.

“It was” Harley agreed before turning to the waiter that had just arrived.

Shooting him a smile, she ordered a drink and waited quietly as Danni ordered her own. Once the waiter was out of sight, Danni looked at Harley.

“I wonder what Seth would say” she said smirking at her.

“About what?” Harley mumbled looking over her menu.

“You flirting with the waiter”

Pausing, Harley looked up confused.

“I wasn’t flirting”

“Was too” Danni snickered “he took it that way, what would Seth say?”

“Nothing” Harley mumbled looking back at her menu “he would just send him a threatening look, or have Ian or Miles kick his ass”

“Yeah, what’s up with that?” Danni laughed “he just sends others to fight his battles?”

“No” Harley replied “I think he sends them as a precaution”

“Precaution?”

“Yeah” Harley sighed “I’ve seen him fight, he has a hard time stopping, especially when it involves his family”

As she finished, their waiter returned with their drinks. The two ordered their food then settled into a comfortable silence.

“Do you think he loves you?” Danni asked after a few minutes

“Yes” Harley said glancing at her phone.

“He said it?” Danni asked getting excited.

“No” Harley answered rolling her eyes at her hopelessly romantic cousin.

“Then how do you know?”

“I know him” Harley mumbled, accepting her food from the waiter that had reappeared.

The rest of their meal was filled with light conversation, and soon they were leaving.

“So why are you driving Seth’s car again?” Danni asked climbing into the large truck.

“Because he hid the keys to mine” Harley snapped starting the engine.

“Why the hell would he do that?” Danni asked as they left the parking lot and headed down the street.

“He hates my car” Harley answered.

“So what, it’s your car” Danni laughed.

“I know but how much I like driving this-“Harley started but cut herself off bringing the truck to a stop behind a long line of cars.

“What’s going on?” Danni asked attempting to see over the cars.

“Not sure” Harley answered rolling her window and looking at a man who had stepped out of his car to smoke “What happened?”

Bank got robbed” he answered glancing at her.

“Was anyone hurt? Danni asked.

“Nah, the guys got any though” he said climbing back into his car as traffic began to move.
As they drove farther down the street, a large back surrounded by flashing lights and police tape came into view. As they slowly drove past, another cop signaled for them to stop. Rolling the window down, Harley recognized him as the blue eyed officer that been in Seth’s house a few days before.

“Driving the boyfriend’s car?” giving her a piercing look before shifting his gaze to Danni.

“Was there a particular reason you stopped us?” Harley snapped leaning forward, blocking Danni from his view.

“Yes, I would like a word” looking back at her and gesturing out of the car “in private”
Rolling her eyes, she rolled the window up and pulled the truck off the street.

“I’ll be right back” she told Danni.

“Ok?” Danni said confused.

Opening the door, she waited for a car to drive past , then got out slamming the door. She then followed the man to the opposite side of the street and waited for him to speak.

“We were never actually introduced” he said extending his hand “Inspector Adam Galager”

Shaking his hand, she remained silent.

“This is usually where you tell me your name” he said.

“What’s the point?” she asked “you already know”

“Your right” he smiled “I do, but it is polite”

“What do you want?” she snapped eyeing him cautiously.

“I wanted to warn you to stay away from Seth” he said, all humor gone “he’s bad news, you and I both know it”

Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms over her chest “anything else?”

“Yes” he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a card “call me if you need anything”

Looking at the card, she gave him an annoyed look.

“Look it’s for protection” he said offering her the card.

“Bull shit” she snapped “even if Seth was the criminal you seem to whole heartedly believe he is, I would be the last person in danger. This is really just a sad attempt to sneak me your number”

“You catch on quick” he said laughing.

“Yea, I do” she snapped tuning to walk away.

“Just humor me” he said grabbing her arm but quickly letting go at the look she gave him “if he really is the good guy you whole heartedly believe he is, you won’t have a problem taking it.”

“I never said he was a good guy” she snapped jerking the card from him.

Without another word, she turned a stalked back to the truck and climbed in and drove off.

When the last flashing light was completely out of sight, Danni opened her mouth but Harley cut her off.

“Don’t ask” she mumbled.

Pulling out her phone, she quickly dialed Seth’s number. After several rings, his voice mail came on and she hung up and tried again. When that didn’t work, she hung up and called Miles phone, then Ian’s. When Ian didn’t answer, she tried Seth again.

“I can’t talk” she heard him say on the second ring.

“Then why the hell did you call?”

“Meet me at my house” she snapped “all three of you”

“Gang bang?” she heard Ian ask leading her to believe she was on speaker phone “we’re a little busy right now babe”

“Yeah, I know” she snapped again “that’s why you need to meet me, now”

Not giving them a chance to respond, she hung up.

“Do I want to know?” Danni asked as soon as she hung up.

“It’s nothing” she said glancing at her cousin “that’s just the bank Seth’s family uses”

“You know I don’t believe that” Danni said giving her a look.

“I know” Harley smiled “but-“

“I don’t want to know” Danni sighed “I’ll leave it alone, for now”

Smiling, Harley increased her speed and sped the rest of the way home.

Ten minutes late, she pulled into her grandmother’s drive and seen all three men leaning against Miles’ car.

“I’ll be inside in a minute” she said as soon as she cut the engine.

Smiling, Danni grabbed her bags and headed to the house.

“If I was a few years younger” Ian said watching Danni walk through the door.

“Not even then” Harley snapped as she approached them.

Reaching out, Seth grabbed her hips and jerked her towards him.

“What do you want?” he asked, leaning down and nibbling on her bottom lip.

Pulling out of his grasp, she nodded towards the end of the drive way and walked away knowing they would follow.

When they reached the edge of the drive, she turned and handed the card to Seth.

Looking down at the card, his face hardened.

“Where did you get this?”

“Galager gave it to me” she mumbled as Ian jerked the card from Seth’s hand “when he pulled me over in front of Premier Bank about fifteen minutes ago”

As the words left her mouth, Seth got a dangerous look in his eye.

“What exactly did he say?” Miles asked calmly as Ian clenched his fist and began pacing.

“Nothing really, I should stay away from you, your dangerous, call me if you need anything, typical cop stuff” she said eyeing Seth.

“He slipped you his number” Seth snapped, his temper beginning to boil over.

“No shit” she snapped back.

“Stay away from him” he snapped, narrowing his eyes at her.

“I planned on it” she said preparing for an argument.

“No babe” Ian said pausing in front of her “Galager’s a bad dude”

“He’ll do whatever it takes to make himself look good” Miles added.

“Well there goes my plans to ask him to dinner” she snapped rolling her eyes “I’ll stay away from him”

“We should stay away too” Seth sighed.

Before she could open her mouth, Miles spoke.

“Won’t matter, she’s already on his radar” he sighed “and he seems to like her”

“So stay close” Ian smirked, hugging her from behind and grinding into her.

Ignoring him, she stared at Seth, who simply stared back.

“Give us a minute” he told the other two.

“It’s cool” Ian said turning towards the house “Rosa’s making dinner anyway”

Once the two were in the house, Seth spoke.

“What?”He snapped.

“Do you want out?” she asked, knowing he know what she meant.

“Why the fuck would you ask me that?” he snapped taking a step towards her.

“Because” she snapped, holding her ground “you’ve been trying to pushing me out since I found out”

“Cause it’s not safe” he said, raising his voice and stepping into her personal space “we don’t just break into local houses and pawn shit, we robbed a bank today! Don’t you get that?”

“Of course I do” she snapped shoving him backwards “and I know it wasn’t the first”

As she said it, Seth grew very still and stared at her “how do you know that?”
Snorting, Harley turned and began walking back to the house, but a hand wrapped around her arm and jerked her back.

“Answer me” he said in a dangerous tone.

“I know you” she answered after a few seconds of silence “you wouldn’t do something that close to home unless you knew exactly what you were doing”

Seth stayed quiet. After a few seconds, he spoke.

“You know me better than I do” he said.

Nodding, Harley stayed quiet.

“What else do you know?”

“A lot” she answered “you speak Polish because that’s where your dad was born, and I’m assuming that’s where he is now.

“You have anger issues, you like to fight entirely too much, and you care about me more than your willing to admit.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Miles” she said simply “you’ve had Miles watching me for a long time, long before we even go together”
Seth stayed quiet.

“I’m assuming I’m right” she smiled.

“You’re smarter than I thought” he smirked grabbing her arm when she went to hit him and jerking her into him “and you do attract trouble.

“Stay away from Galager” he said bending down and kissing her lips.

“I will” she sighed “I promise”

Nodding, he bent down and bit her lip again.

“Let’s ditch them” he smirked “they can eat here, we can go home and you can be my dinner”

“Or” she smirked back “we can go inside, have an authentic Mexican dinner, then go to my room for dessert”

“I like my idea better” he frowned

“I know” she said pulling away “but I promised Danni we would at least have dinner here”

“Hell” he mumbled letting her pull him up towards the house.


Harley
Danni
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter. Enjoy :)

-Honey