Status: New Story(: In Progress

An Unlikely Couple

Something in the Air Tonight

 "I still think he's up to something fishy," I interjected. I had just explained everything that had happened in the forest with Zev to the pack elders, and they were ready to ship me off to be his mate. But I still didn't trust Zev, the last time I trusted him I had made the biggest mistake of my life.

 "We respect your views but feel that you are letting personal grievances get in the way of what is best for our kind. You and Zev are to be mated at the next full moon." My grandmother Whelan, the head elder, stated, signaling that the matter was decided and over.

 "Yes Grandmother," I said bowing before turning on my heel and quickly leaving the room. I needed to clear my head and the only way to do so was to allow my wolf form to take the wheel and run through the woods.

  I had been running for nearly two hours when I noticed it, he was following me. He wasn't close enough for me to sense him immediately but only a faint detection of him. I growled, causing Zev to head towards me at full speed. Once he reached me, I gave him a low growl, signaling I wanted to talk to him. And as if he was racing me, he transformed back into his human form with me following suit.

  "The elders want me to become your mate, they believe your plan of joining our two packs will help us survive the humans." I reluctantly said in a low voice, shivering in the snow since I had no clothes on. "And we are to be mated at the next full moon."

  "Do not fret Tala, I will not screw up again, you'll see!" He grinned as he came to wrap his arms around me to warm me up. "Would you like me to go with you in wolf form back home so that you make it home safely?" He asked, his eyes begging me to say yes.

  "No thanks, I can handle myself thank you very much." I huffed before quickly transforming and bounding off. 

  I was almost home when I felt the excruciating pain searing through my right hind leg. I fell to the ground in agony. The pain was overwhelming and I was on the verge of blacking out, but then he appeared. "Hold still, I'll help you," he whispered gently as I whimpered softly. And then it all went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. New dog, got sick, hanging with my friends, and vacation. XD
Shout out to:
jen123 and MyButterfly0001
Thanks for the encouragement! ^_^
Song title credit- "Something in the Air Tonight"- Phil Collins