Status: New Story(: In Progress

An Unlikely Couple

It's Tearing Up My Heart

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard an extremely worried voice that sounded a lot like Zev. 
 
  "She should be, she's lost a lot of blood though. She probably won't be up for a while either, we have her heavily sedated to help ease her pain." A strange woman's voice responded with a flirtatious tone towards Zev. My inner wolf was not happy to hear some woman throwing herself at my soon to be mate while I lay helpless and unable to fight her off.

  "Thank you doctor. I'm sure you have other patients to look after, I'll be in here in case she wakes up." Zev said, dismissing her.
  
  At that inner wolf allowed me to peacefully fall back into unconsciousness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It must have been hours later when I was finally able to open my eyes. My eye lids were still very heavy and I could scarcely lift them. When I finally got my eye lids up I immediately took in my surroundings, especially the exit in case of emergency. I noticed that Zev was sitting in the uncomfortable chair next to my hospital bed and was completely zonked. He looked uneasy, no doubt due to the fact that we were in a hospital, he hated hospitals with a fiery passion. His mother and younger brother both passed away in one during childbirth a few years back.

  "Zev?" I choked out, my mouth dry since I hadn't had anything to drink in awhile.

  "Tala! You're awake! How do you feel?does your leg hurt? Do I need to get the doctor? Is there anything I can get you?" He rambled, obviously unsure of where we stood.

  "I'm okay, I've definitely felt better but I'll live. Now what's wrong with my leg?" I croaked out hoarsely.

  "You got your right leg caught in a bear trap, it snapped your shin clean in two. The doctors set it and you're going to be in a cast for a long while. You had us all worried for awhile, you lost a lot of blood. But they gave you a transfusion, luckily your cousin Annabelle is a perfect match for your blood type." He explained, sounding genuinely happy that I was okay.

  "Wow," was all I could mumble in response. 

  "Yeah, thankfully I found you and brought you here. I almost lost you, it was terrifying." He told me in a very grave tone.

  "Thank you, Zev," I said, unable to look him in the eyes. I was afraid I'd see the Zev I'd known when we were younger, before he broke my heart and caused my family to be divided over what Zev and I almost did. I couldn't handle falling for him again and once again having my heart broken into a million pieces.

  "Tala," he began, a sorrowful look in his eyes, before the doctor came in. 

  "Glad to see that you've regained consciousness Miss Whelan. You lost a lot of blood and thankfully your break was a clean one. You'll be just fine, but I'm going to have to keep you here overnight to make sure you're completely safe to discharge." She told me, all the while checking Zev out.

  "Thank you doctor," Zev said with a smile, causing my inner wolf to let out a growl of jealousy. A growl in which Zev noticed and smirked smugly at.

  "I have to go now but I'll be back later to check up on you." She said before winking at Zev and leaving.

  "Someone is a jealous little wolfy!" Zev teased in a hushed tone so as not to let the humans in the hospital know we weren't humans.

  "Shut up," I growled. "I'm going back to sleep, you better be gone by the time I wake up. And I would prefer good company." I hissed at him, letting him know that I was still angry at him for everything. He had a hurt look in his eyes but complied.

  "Good bye for now my dear Tala, one day you will love me again, I'm sorry for everything." He whispered quietly. Only he was wrong, I had never stopped loving him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I type everything on my iTouch and it's on the fritz, I think it might die soon):
And I've working and spending time with my bf before he goes for basic and AIT for 5 months
Song Title credit- "It's Tearing Up My Heart"- NSYNC