The Phoenix Has Been Resurrected

Chapter One: A Welcoming Hug

Chapter I
A Welcoming Hug


I fidgeted awkwardly inside of the limousine. As soon as I had returned to Hell my father had thought it best for the world to know that there’s a heir to the throne. Paparazzi haven’t left me since my grand debut ball.

I sigh as I stare outside of the window, running a hand through my hair before finally just taking off my crown. It wasn’t overly flashy like I had expected. It was made from the finest gold, and silver decorated a thin, delicate design of a phoenix with two small rubies for eyes, and an emerald atop of its head, as if it were royalty also. I absolutely loved my crown — the detailing on it is exquisite! — but I try not to wear it around everywhere, for fear that it will be stolen.

“Princess Phoenix Seraphina, we have arrived at the gate,” the chauffeur says politely. “Vampire Palace, just as you had requested,” he adds as I make no movements to leave.

I take a deep breath to steady myself. I had spent over a month inside of that gate. To go back inside … well, I don’t know what to expect. For all I know, they could try to execute me. I nod, more to myself than to the driver, before finally stepping out of the overly expensive, stretched out car — at least that’s my opinion.

I step forward toward the gate, hearing Tobias stand firmly by my side.

“Are you sure you wish to do this, Princess Seraphina?” he asks quietly.

“Yes,” I say with much more confidence than I was feeling at the moment.

I take another cautious step to the steel gate.

“Halt! State your name and business,” a voice roars from above.

“Princess Phoenix Seraphina of Hell wishes to negotiate peace among the King and Queen,” Tobias yells back in reply and answer.

The gate opened, and we walked along the dirt path quickly, desperate to escape the sun. The grand mahogany doors open, allowing us temporary cover from what would have eventually led to our fatal doom.

“Pixie!” the familiar, deep voice yells, running to engulf me into a hug. He picks me up, twirling me around in the air above him.

“Blaze! Please, put me down!”

He grins. “Nah-uh.”

Saraaaaaaaaah!” Tyrone yells as he runs down the stairs. “I want a turn, Blaze!”

He pouts as Blaze shook his head. “Blaze, I would advise that you put me down,” I try to make it a threat, but it sounded too teasing to have been taken seriously.

“Alright.”

He pouts as he sets me down on my own feet, only to be thrown back into the air by Ty. “You’re here! You’re here! You’re here!” Tyrone shouts to the great heavens above.

“And I can’t breathe,” I gasp out.

“Oh, sorry.”

He quickly lets me go. “So, whatcha doin’ here all of a sudden?”

“Where are the King and Queen?” I ask as Tobias helps me onto my feet. He repositions my crown atop of my head.

“Ooh, that’s a pretty crown! Can I hold it?” Tyrone asks.

“Sure,” I say, taking it off to hand it to him. He snatches it out of my hand in his excitement. “Just don’t break it,” I add quickly as he runs off.

“Should I go after him?” Tobias asks in his guard-mode, serious tone.

“No, he’ll be fine.”

I turn to Blaze, who was grinning from ear-to-ear. “You’re back,” he says like there was no other thought in his head.

“Yes,” I say slowly, “and I need to see your parents.”

“I’ll take you to ’em!” Blaze says, grabbing my hand and tugging me along behind him. We stopped in front of a cherry wood door, with the word Office written in gold. “They should be here,” Blaze says as he knocks. “Whatcha need them for, anyway?”

“Something,” I say like a little kid that had a secret that her parent was trying to decipher.

“Come in,” the King yells from the other side of the door. I open it, and slam it on Blaze’s face before he can walk in. “Ah, Princess Phoenix Seraphina. How can I help you?”

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ


“Thank you for your understanding,” I say as they sign the treaty.

“Well, it is for your birthday,” the Queen says, smiling sweetly at me.

“Have you been trying this for awhile? Like on Christmas?” the King asks curiously.

“Demons don’t celebrate Christmas,” I say quickly. “Or Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, Hanukah, or really any religious holiday.”

“So, you don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day?”

“No, we do. Some Demons will celebrate a religious holiday, but majority don’t,” I reply with ease and a smile. “Well, I better get going,” I say as they finish signing their names.

“Why are you leaving so soon?” the Queen asks with surprise.

“I have to get this to my father. He’s probably fidgeting in his throne as we speak.”

“Why not just stay for awhile?” the Queen basically begs. “Blaze has missed you so much.”

“I supposed I could stay for awhile longer,” I say reluctantly. “But I have to be back before my birthday.”