Status: Updated: 11/6/11

The Bucket List

Chapter 3: Game Time

Chapter 3:

Tyler Seguin’s P.O.V.

The game was about to start and everyone was going though their pre game rituals. I sat there, staring at my stick imagining what goals or assists I would make tonight. Normally I would talk to our goalie tonight; specifically Tim Thomas, but Emily was very different when preparing for her games.

Looking at her, I saw her get on her new jersey, the cameras stuffed in her face as she stretched the black and yellow material over her head, but then sit down in front of Tukkaa’s normal cubby, pulling out a headphone and began to mouth the words to a song. I raised an eyebrow at Tim Thomas, who was looking at me, confusion in his eyes. He nodded his head towards her, silently suggesting I keep my pre game ritual with or without him.

Slowly I stood up, regaining the balance on the blades, and strode confidently over to her. She looked up, staring at me in confusion. I sat down next to her and smiled.

“Pre-game ritual. Sorry but you are stuck with me until coach comes in.” I shrugged and stole a headphone. The country music of Taylor swift flooded my mind.

“Sorry but country is my jam!” She smiled quietly, moving to change the song on her iPod. I put my hand in front of hers and laughed.

“Don’t worry, I’m a huge T-swift fan. The song is fearless. I know it.” I smiled back at her and resumed listening to the strumming guitars. Song by song went by until by the third song,

Coach came in and Emily hastily moved the iPod out of his sight. Coach mustered a smile at my pre-game ritual in action, before beginning.

“Boys… and girl,” He began awkwardly. “I don’t care what kind of shit we are supporting tonight, because that isn’t what matters tonight; sorry for the comment but its true. The Canadians did not come here tonight to let a girl beat them. They came to win and that is not going to happen.” Julian began to call names out at people, remarking on their performance in practice. Finally he turned to Timmy.

“You are going to talk to her right?” he said before addressing Emily. “I don’t do emotional stuff, sorry, but I wouldn’t be much help so I had Tim be my messenger. Okay?” Emily nodded, and slid a mouth guard into her mouth. It was pink and all the boys laughed at it.

“Breast Cancer awareness idiots,” She laughed taking the mouth guard out and explained. She also pulled a small black cap and put it on her head. We laughed at that too, but she rolled her eyes and lightly suggested that maybe McQuaid should get one too because his hair was getting a little long as well.

The boys began to pile out, ready for the warm up, and interviews from all the sports channels. Emily hanged back, Tim pulling her mask close to his head with a finger and began to softly talk to her. I left, getting a tap from Lucic and Horton, before lining up before the tunnel. Emily game waddling out, pushing us all aside before getting to the front and slowly breathing in and out. Finally she walked to the bench and skated onto the ice. The lights moved around before landing on her as she tapped the pipes.

Emily’s P.O.V.

Taylor Swift’s song “Mean” was repeating though my head as the game continued. The Montreal Canadians proved to be more aggressive when a girl came onto the ice. However the face off was to my right and Chara stood before me, reminding me there was only ten minutes left in y perfect game. The score was 3-0 us and the Canadians were not having it. Milan Lucic was getting feisty with some of the Canadians but no penalties have been called at all in this game. I saw Tim looking at me, thumbs up at me and a smile stretched across his face, before I brought my attention back to the face off where Patrice was facing off. A stupid Canadian got thrown out of the face off, and the puck was dropped with the Bruins winning the face off back to Chara. He skated to the back of the net and I followed the puck neatly.

The puck was being passed to Lucic on the left side when a felt a Canadian shove into me as I moved. Looking I saw him too close for comfort next to the crease. Lucic was battling for the puck, before it crossed to the other side where Horton battled it out. The red jersey man came up to me and slashed me quickly, as if the puck was somehow there. He laughed, calling me a pussy before blocking my view.

Not letting the anger get the best of me, I shifted my body down and over, looking and following the puck as I was trained to do so. The man moved into my way again and I shifted over again, following the puck that moved to the right defenseman. He shap shot the puck right into my chest; which hurt I’m not going to lie, but I scooped up the puck into my glove. The whistle blew, and a stick crashed onto my head. The owner said pussy again, but unfortunately for him I was up to my head in anger.

“Say that one more time and I will personally rip your balls off Moen.” Chara growled, his accent thick.

“No, Let the girl talk.” Travis said, a cocky smile growing on his face.

“Listen hear ass wipe, don’t talk to me okay? If you don’t have something friggin’ nice to say don’t fucking say it.” I said aggravation obvious in my tone of voice.

“You little,” But he never got to finish his sentence because Chara took a right swing at him that landed squarely in the jaw. Suddenly I was being pulled out of the way by Patrice, while I watched the fights unfold. Lucic was paired up, along with Kreckji and Horton.

“Go to the bench now, or in the corner, now. Get out of the way. Timmy will kill us if someone lays a hand on you.” Bergeron quickly raced to the net to help Chara who was battling with two Canadians. I looked at Tim who smiled and pointed to Price who was looking at me from center ice. I smiled and skated out to him, my gloves, helmet and hair cap being littered across the ice.

Fits up I joined Price at center ice. He smiled at me.

“You ready for this kid?” He asked, from nine inches above me. I laughed.

“I don’t know, but thanks for doing this. Sorry that you’re going to be the laughing stock of the NHL for losing to a girl. But this does mean a lot.” I said, shoving him lightly. He shoved me back, his smile fading.

“Lose the smile kid. I’m not going to lose to a girl with a smile on her face. At least look serious.” Price said, attitude in his voice. He swung at me, which I dodged easily, before punching him in the jaw. I pulled his jersey and dragged him to the ice, me falling on top of him. The referess came over, tugging me off of him, and he laughed, getting up and skated back over to me.

“Pleasure,” He laughed, extending his hand.

“Thanks again. But I think it was my hand that got bruised, not your jaw.” I laughed, and I saw Chara come skating over to me. There was some blood on his hands.

“Thanks again Price. We owe you.” Chara said.

“Just don’t score again and we can call it even.” Price laughed, extending a hand to him to him, which Chara took laughing.

“Cant promise you that buddy.” I laughed and went to collect my things, or go to the bench, depending if the fights were over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank for subscribing! And thank you to KayPx3 for commenting.