11:11 (Wishes)

11:11 (Wishes)

“I give! I give! Get off of me!” I cried at Miku, who was engaged in a heated tickle fight with me. He grinned in triumph and leapt off of me. Miku had been a good friend of mine since elementary school. We were still very close. He had introduced me to his band mates long before they had become famous and I was close friends with them all, including the newest additions, Yuuki and Takuya.

They were kind and had a good sense of humor. I was glad that the band had found them.

I still talked to Bou every now and then, too. He was doing fine. He was enrolled in a college outside of Tokyo and wished the band well.

BAM!

“Oh my Gackt! Don’t abuse the door!” I called to Kanon and Yuuki as they kicked open the studio door, arms laden with several bags and packages.

They laughed.

“It’d be a lot easier if we had some help,” Kanon hinted, his eyes sparkling.

I loved those eyes.

I laughed and took some of the bags and led the way to the fold up table in the studio.

“What is all this, anyway?” I asked.

“Stuff, obviously,” Yuuki replied.

I slapped the back of his head.

He laughed and swatted back at me, missing my bright pink streaked black hair.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he mimicked me. Kanon laughed softly and tossed a small package at me.

“Yay!” I exclaimed, realizing what it was. “Meronpan!” I quickly ripped it open and began to devour it.

Kanon smiled and slid a bottle of peach juice to me.

“Peach juice, too?!” I exclaimed, grabbing at it.

Yuuki laughed.

“What did you do to her? You suck up to her quite a bit. Don’t torture the girl and then laden her with gifts!” he joked.

Kanon playfully punched him in the arm and whispered something in his ear.

Yuuki pretended to gasp, and said, “You really poisoned her again? She’s gonna die this time, right?”

“Poison or not, this shiz is good!” I said, taking a swig of peach juice and biting the soft bread.

“Arigato, Kanon-chan!” I exclaimed through a mouthful of sweets.

“Anytime,” he told me, smiling.

I loved when he smiled at me like that. And his eyes…His gorgeous eyes.

Why couldn’t he love me?! I thought, suddenly, subconsciously putting my meronpan back on the table.

I had been in love with Kanon for years. Almost at first sight. He was just so great to be around! I loved how he’d laugh, how he’d smile, how he’d breathe.

He would never love me back, however. I wasn’t good enough. I was merely his friend and the band photographer.

He could have any girl in the world! He was the bassist of one of the hottest VK bands out there, for crying out loud!

“Kaiyo?” Kanon put his warm hand on my shoulder and cast me worried glance. “Are you okay?”

I nodded my head so fast it gave me a headache and began to eat again.

“I’m fine! I was just thinking,” I assured him, finishing my food.

“Are you sure?” he asked in a quieter tone.

“Yes,” I told him, gently placing my hand on his cheek. He leaned into my touch and sighed. He had been depressed and under a lot of stress for a couple of months. He never really told me what was going on, but I was there for him whenever he needed to be comforted.

“Thank you, Kaiyo-chan,” he said softly, closing his eyes and embracing me before he and the band went back to work in the studio.

I sighed, grabbed my camera, and took some studio shots.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

“What did you do to her? You suck up to her quite a bit. Don’t torture the girl and then laden her with gifts!” Yuuki joked. I playfully punched his arm, though I think I hit him harder than I thought because he flinched a little.

“I’m sorry!” I whispered in his ear. “You know how I get about that, though…”

Yuuki faked a gasp and yelled, “You really poisoned her again? She’s gonna die this time, right?”

I smiled. You just had to love the guy. He knew I had fallen in love with Kaiyo as soon as I met her. I told him everything. He actually listened to everything I had to say. That made me feel a lot better.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV (Again)

I was laying down some chords when she wound herself back into my mind. It wasn’t hard to forget her in the first place. She was an unforgettable person. That and the fact that she was taking pictures the entire time. She looked happy as she did her job. There was no doubt in my mind that she loved her job.

I was glad she was happy. Even though she was happy…she was not with me. That saddened me quite a bit, but her smile always fixed that. But, it made it all harder at the same time. She was all I wanted. She was everything I needed, everything I couldn’t have, and everything I would die for.

Why couldn’t she love me back?!

♥♥♥

Kaiyo’s POV

“I’m sooooo booored!” Miku whined, flipping through random TV channels. Teruki, tired of watched Miku’s anxious channel surfing, scoffed.

“It’s Friday night. Let’s go dancing or something.”

“Yes!!!! Good idea!” Miku cried, popping off the couch like a Poptart.

“Sounds fun,” Yuuki commented. Takuya nodded in agreement.

“What do you think?” Kanon asked me.

“Sure. Why not?” I replied.

“Then it’s settled! We’ll leave in about an hour!” Miku squealed.

Someone please get us a leash for that guy.

♥♥♥

After about fifteen minutes of lounging and talking with Kanon, I decided to change for the night out. I chose a yellow T-Shirt with pink glitter designs a pink skirt, black and pink striped knee socks, and black lace up boots.

I straightened my hair and teased it a little in the back. I slicked on some black eyeliner and eye shadow and walked back into the living room with five minutes to spare.

Kanon was sitting on the couch, wearing a white shirt, a black tie hanging loosely around his neck, a black jacket, and black pants.

He smiled warmly at me and pulled me into a hug.

“You look great, tonight.” He commented.

“Arigato. You, too.” I said as he released me. I’m pretty sure my cheeks were red.

We then separated into cars. Teruki, Miku, Takuya, and Yuuki took Miku’s car, and Kanon and I took his car, which was undoubtedly Miku’s idea. It was kind of odd being alone with him like that, but we talked nonstop.

When we reached the club, my stomach began to wrack with nervousness. Sensing this, Kanon put his hand over mine reassuringly.

“Everything will be fine,” he promised. I smiled at him, took a deep breath, and stepped out of the car.

♥♥♥

Clubs were not really my thing, but I soon found myself enjoying it all. I danced with all my best friends until I was getting tired. I plopped myself on a barstool, Kanon at my side. He ordered our drinks. The bartender came back with them a few moments later.

We picked them up and clinked them together.

“Don’t drink too much,” Kanon teased, winking as I was about to drink. I smiled and we both took a swig of the alcoholic beverage. I had never been drunk before, and I didn’t plan on getting there that night, so I took it easy.

Miku called Kanon and waved him over. Kanon excused himself and made his way through the throng of people to Miku.

I took another sip of my drink just as someone staggered beside me. I almost choked when I realized who it was. Yasuo. My cheating ex-boyfriend who pressured me on one subject for far too long. Apparently I wasn’t the only one who realized who I was seated beside.

“Heeeeeeyyy,” He started, obviously high on something.

“I know youuuuuu. You’re that whore from… ano, three years back???” he looked like he was trying to remember, but soon gave up. He was never that intelligent.

“You wanna come with me?” he asked.

“NO.” I said firmly.

“Come on, it’ll be fun,”

“I said NO!”I yelled. Suddenly, I felt a cold metal blade being brushed against my leg.

“What if I told you I had a little friend with me here tonight,” he cooed, gesturing to a huge muscular man seated two seats away. He smirked at me and came my way. I tried to leap off the barstool, but I stumbled and fell. Luckily, the knife didn’t cut me, but that was the least of my concern. I had to get up.

I was too late. Before I knew it, I was whisked away through the crowd of people and into a back room.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

I couldn’t help but feel depressed. Even with my friends’ joking, I still didn’t feel right. I swallowed the last of my drink. If Kaiyo wasn’t with us, I would’ve been drinking nonstop. I felt the need to get drunk that night, just not in front of her.

“C’mon, Kanon! Laugh with us!” Yuuki cried.

“Be nyappy! We didn’t call you over here for no reason!” Miku chimed in.

“I was perfectly fine where I was before,” I muttered, as they continued to chatter.

I suddenly took notice in Takuya’s lack of conversation. He was silent and his eyes seemed to be fixed on something in the crowd of people. He probably found some hot girl or something. He got up from the table and shoved his way through the crowd. Just as I thought.

♥♥♥

Takuya’s POV

Kanon hadn’t spoken for most of the night. I don’t think we were expecting to get anything out of him tonight, anyway. He was just so lifeless. He can’t see that she really loves him back. He was too worried about rejection. We all knew he truly loved Kaiyo…

Speaking of Kaiyo, I was just watching her at the bar alone. Miku kind of stole Kanon away from her to try to make him as nyappy as he used to be. I think Kanon was better off at the bar with Kaiyo than with us, to be honest.

Someone sat next to Kaiyo and began a conversation with her. That dude looked kind of familiar. I bit my nail, thinking hard, and then giving up. It wasn’t worth straining my brain over.

It seemed like he was asking her a question, though I couldn’t hear what they were talking about. They were too far away and the music and people were just too loud.

Kaiyo’s back was turned to me, so I didn’t get to see her expression at all. Suddenly, she stood up and tripped. Some buff guy came and grabbed her arm, towing her through the crowd. They were soon lost from my sight.

Kanon took no notice. He was merely staring at his drink.

This didn’t look good.

After about two minutes of me telling myself not to worry, I stood up and pushed my way through the crowd to look for my friend’s love.

♥♥♥

Kaiyo’s POV

I was thrown hard onto a sofa. Yasuo grinned evilly at me. A cruel, cold sneer. It sent chills down my spine and lit my heart with fear. We were the only two in the room. The other guy must’ve left.

Yasuo leaned his head in toward mine. I backed into the corner of the couch. I refused to let him kiss me. The further away I moved, the closer he came until I finally had the audacity to slap him.

Big mistake.

I must’ve really provoked him. He started getting really violent.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

Takuya was easy to spot in the crowd with his red hair.

“What’s he doing?” Yuuki inquired.

Takuya seemed to be fretting over something. I guessed the girl he was looking at must’ve been with someone else. No, that’s not his kind of approach, anyway. He was too shy to just approach some random girl, anyway.

Something seemed to be bothering him.

“I don’t know. I’ll go check on him.” I replied, getting out of my seat. He took notice in me and glanced at me with a worried expression.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

His eyes grew wide.

“Yasuo! That’s his name!” he exclaimed. He just wasn’t making any sense.

“What are you talking about?” I asked angrily.

“She went somewhere with him, I don’t know!”

My heart sank. I knew Yasuo’s ways. I knew that by ‘she’ Takuya specifically meant Kaiyo.

“Where is she?!” I demanded. I felt myself panic.

“I-I don’t k-know…” Takuya murmured, hanging his head.

“All I know is that they went somewhere toward the back…” he said, gesturing.

I nodded.

“I’ll check the left side, you take the right.” e h

He suggested.

And with that, I shoved my way through the crowd.

♥♥♥

The last door. My palms were sweating. What if he left with her? What if I would never see her again?

Violent words pushed all thoughts away. They were coming from behind the door.

Without a second thought, I threw the door open and saw one of the most horrible sights I had never wanted to witness.

♥♥♥

Kaiyo’s POV

The door slammed open as I struggled to push Yasuo away.

Yasuo gripped my shoulders tightly as I heard someone yelling and tearing him away from me.

Kanon.

Tears gushed down my face. I had feared for the worst. He rescued me.

Yasuo gripped onto me for dear life. It hurt! I struggled. I think that was when he pulled the knife on me. My abdomen felt like it was on fire. I screamed in pain, clutching my stomach. My hands came away sticky with blood.

“Son of a bitch! Get off of her!!!” Kanon yelled, finally pulling Yasuo off of me. The knife clattered to the floor.

Kanon wrestled him to the ground and threw several punches while yelling all sorts of profanities.

Then, the tables were turned. Yasuo somehow regained his knife and aimed for Kanon’s heart.

I couldn’t scream. My mouth was as dry as cotton. I was paralyzed. I felt as if I was going to die.

Kanon moved out of the way just in time for the blade to miss his heart and cut his arm instead.

Before long, a few people were gathering at the door. Takuya was among those and summoned the club security.

Kanon’s arms found me. I clung to him, my blood soaking his shirt.

“I’m going to get you out of here, okay?” he whispered. “I’ll take care of you,” he continued, holding me in his arms, tears streaking his face.

“I promise.”

♥♥♥

Kaiyo's POV

Where the hell am I? I thought, looking around a white room. I lifted my head. It felt heavy and it hurt. I glanced over at a chair with a raven haired somebody sleeping peacefully. I tried to sit up. It was too much for me. I gasped loudly and sunk back down onto the bed.

“Don’t! You’re hurt…” he said. So he wasn’t asleep, after all.

“I-I’m fine,” I told him. I had to be at a hospital. Great. I hated that place.

Kanon sighed and made his way to my bedside, sitting down on a stool. His arm was bandaged up and he looked tired. I noticed a bruise on his cheek.

I reached up to touch it. He closed his eyes.

“This is all my fault…” I whispered in realization. Kanon’s eyes snapped open.

“NO! No, it’s not! Don’t you ever say that!”

“It only happened because you came to save me…”

“And it was worth it. You’re worth it. Every little scratch on my body…You were worth it all. And I have no regrets. I would’ve suffered a lot more if something had happened to you. These bruises and cuts…they’re nothing.”

And with that, I shut up. But not for long.

“Kanon?” I asked.

“Yes?”

“I want to see the sky…”

He smiled at me. I loved the nighttime sky.

Kanon walked to one of the white walls, clad with large green curtains and peeled them open, revealing a gigantic pane of glass overlooking the city.

I gasped. The sight was amazing. And I could see the entire city from my hospital bed.

The lights of the city were shining under the radiant moon and starlight. If I was able to, I would’ve ran to the window for a closer look.

“It’s beautiful,” I whispered.

He smiled and came back to my bedside. I hugged him as best as I could.

“Thank you so much,”

“For what?” he asked.

“For this,” I said gesturing toward the window. “For saving me, for being so kind to me and staying here with me. It means a lot, Kanon.” More than you will ever know, I thought irritably.

A nurse came in and checked up on me. I smiled and answered her questions as she prepared my evening medication. Yuck.

“It’s to help you sleep, dear. You need to take it.” She said, as Kanon worriedly urged me to take it. I did, but only because of Kanon.

Kanon stayed up with me for the next half hour or so. I think that’s when the meds kicked in. I was growing very weary.

I was looking out the window and saw a wonderful streak of light pass by. A shooting star.

“Look, Kanon!” I whispered excitedly.

“Make a wish,” Kanon laughed, winking.

“Only if you make one, too,” I said.

“Okay,” he chuckled. I smiled at him, made my wish, and closed my eyes.

I want you to be with me forever.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

“Look, Kanon!” She whispered excitedly, her hazel eyes sparkling.

“Make a wish,” I laughed as I winked at her.

“Only if you make one, too,” She said.

“Okay,” I told her, chuckling. She was tired, but she smiled, made her wish silently, and fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

It was 11:11 at night. What a coincidence!

I wish I could have your heart.

♥♥♥

Several Weeks Later

Kaiyo’s POV

“Just tell him how you feel, Kaiyo.” Miku advised me.

“Easier said than done,” I muttered bitterly. Miku laughed and tugged a little pink strand of my hair.

“Ow, bitch!” I laughed, poking his forehead.

Miku playfully swatted my friendship bracelet hand away. We both had one. We had made them when we were kids. Miku smiled, possibly thinking about the same thing I was, and got back on topic.

“Kaiyo,” he said gently. “He loves you. I can assure you of that. He won’t hurt you, and he won’t reject you. I’m not going to tell you to just go for it. I know it’s not that easy. I just want you to realize that fact.”

“I hope you’re right,” I sighed.

“I can talk to him, if you want me to,” Miku offered.

“That would be great. Arigato!”

“Anytime, freak.” he joked, hugging me tightly.

“You know I love you!” He said.

I laughed. “I love you, too, Miku!” I told him.

He released me and I thumped him on the head, plopped down on the couch, and turned the TV to Ninja Warrior, hoping something good would come soon.

Maybe my wish could come true.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

Kaiyo had gotten out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago. I was grateful that she was alright, and thanked all my lucky stars. Speaking of stars, I was still foolishly waiting for my wish.

It was warm outside. Kaiyo loved going to the park during the warm season. I was thinking of taking her out on a picnic to the park today. That would’ve made a lovely surprise!

I rushed downstairs and down the hall, searching for her to tell her my plans for the day. I stopped in my tracks as I neared the living room.

I could hear her and Miku conversing. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, I was just curious.

“That would be great! Arigato!” I heard Kaiyo squeal.

“Anytime, freak.” Miku joked. I smiled at their silliness, until the next words made my heart cold.

“You know I love you!” Miku said. Hell must’ve frozen over. Tears threatened me.

I couldn’t bear to breathe anymore when I heard Kaiyo’s next words.

“I love you, too!”

I ran out the door, wishing for death to come all the while. Wishing to never breathe but one name ever again.

Kaiyo.

♥♥♥

Kaiyo’s POV

The rest of the day was boring. I was going to see if Kanon wanted to hang out, but he was nowhere to be found.

Night fell, and I still hadn’t heard from Kanon. I began to worry.

I asked Miku and the others if they’d seen him or knew where he was. They all shook their heads. We tried to call him and only got his voicemail.

“I thought he was with you this afternoon,” Yuuki said. Confused, I shook my head.

“He said something about taking you to the park,” he continued.

“But I haven’t even been out today.” I replied.

Everybody was just as confused as I was, it seemed.

I walked out to the hallway and grabbed my jacket.

“Where are you going?” Teruki asked.

“I’m going to look for him,” I said, determination in my voice. I turned the doorknob when I felt Miku’s hand on my shoulder.

“We’ll help. Let’s split up and search for him.” He said.

“I can call Bou and get him to help, too.” Teruki offered.

“Good idea!” Miku exclaimed.

Teruki dialed Bou’s number and explained the situation to him. He snapped his phone shut and announced, “He’ll be right over.”

“Excellent.” Yuuki said.

“We should split up.” Takuya suggested. “I’ll go with Teruki, Yuuki will stay here in case he comes home, and Kaiyo can go with Bou and Miku. Agreed?”

Everybody murmured in agreement.

“Then let’s go!” Miku cried, pushing me out the door.

Teruki and Takuya sprang into action and drove away in Teruki’s car, while Miku and I waited for Bou.

He finally pulled up in his pink convertible. He gave me a warm smile as he opened the door.

“It’s been a while,” he said, grinning. I smiled back at him the best I could. My mind was screaming as I got in the front seat. Miku climbed into the back and we sped off.

Where could he be?

♥♥♥

I was worried. We’ve been looking for what seemed like hours. We didn’t talk much in the car. Miku tried calling Kanon several times and called the rest of the band to see if they had heard from him. It was all in vain.

“Soooo….” Bou started, killing the awful silence.

“Are you and Kanon, like, together, now?”

“No,” I whispered.

His face fell.

“You still love him, though, don’t you?” he asked quietly.

“Yes,” I choked. Tears were beginning to spill over my eyes. I sniffled.

Where was he?! Was he alright?! Did I do something wrong?!

It was too much for me to take.

“It’s alright,” Bou assured me. “We’ll find him.”

“And then you’ll tell him you love him and you’ll go out, get married, have s-” Miku was cut off.

“Shut it, Miku,” Bou warned.

“You’re right, I’m sorry. It’s not the time to be making jokes.” Miku apologized.

I eventually stopped myself from crying and stared out of the car window and to the stars.

Where are you right now?

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

I couldn’t drink enough that night. No matter how much alcohol I consumed, I couldn’t erase her from my mind. Not even for a minute.

Was I even drunk? How much had I drank? I didn’t know or care. I just wanted to forget the pain. I ordered another drink, but the bartender refused to serve me any longer. I guess he thought I had a bit too much to drink. Bullshit.

I stormed out. I didn’t even feel a buzz. What was wrong with me?

I had always guessed they were secretly dating or something, but I never thought I’d react this way.

I shouldn’t be breathing, I thought. Without her, I am nothing.

She loves Miku, not me. At least she was happy. But I wasn’t! All I wanted was her love. If she didn’t love me, then I was better off dead.

I think that was when I made the decision to make that happen…

There were just some things that I had to take care of, first.

♥♥♥

Kaiyo’s POV

I refused to sleep. Miku was driving by then. Bou was asleep in the backseat. Takuya and Yuuki had long since called it a night and went home, hoping Kanon would come home. We had been driving around for most of the night. I refused to go home until we found him.

I was tired. I clutched Miku’s cell phone in my hand, hoping Kanon would call and tell me he’s alright.

I fell asleep with a death grip on the cell phone. I don’t know how long I was asleep, but I was soon awoken by a phone call.

Probably Teruki begging us to come home again, I thought, clicking the talk button.

“Moshi moshi?” I asked, tiredly.

“Hey. It’s Kanon.”

♥♥♥

I nearly dropped the phone. My eyes widened. It was him.

“Where are you?!” I choked. “Are you alright?! Why didn’t you tell us you were leaving? Are you mad at me? Are you okay?!” I bombarded him with questions, not even giving him enough time to answer them. I was just so glad he had called.

Miku took the phone.

“No! Let me talk to him!” I demanded.

Miku motioned for me to be quiet.

“Where are you?” he asked. Silence.

“But that can’t be…We were just going down that street,” Miku said, scrunching his brow in a confused expression making me wonder what they were talking about.

I watched the stars as we continued on, thanking them that he was okay.

"Why can't you tell her that?" Again, with the silence.

Then, I saw something perched on top of a building. Many people were gathering around the building and looking up. Miku slowed the car.

“Hello? Kanon! Hey!” Miku said into the phone. He snapped it shut and tossed it onto the dash. “He hung up on me. He said he was at-”

That’s when I noticed that the something perched on the building was a person sitting.

The person buried their face in their hands. I finally got a glimpse of their features in the moonlight. Messy raven hair… They wiped their face, looked up at the sky, and then hugged their knees.

But that one glance in the moonlight was enough for me to see.

I threw the car door open and made a mad dash for the door of the building. Several bystanders and police officers tried to stop me, but I managed to push them all off of me.

His name was the only thing I was able to scream.

I yanked the door to the abandoned building open and ran up the flights of stairs.

I couldn’t stop running. Not even to catch my breath. The adrenaline coursed through my veins. My blood screamed his name. Kanon, Kanon, Kanon!

I finally made it to the rooftop and pushed the door open, breathing in the spring night air.

He was standing on the edge of the roof. I don’t think he even noticed my presence. He flexed his knees.

“KANON!” I screamed, running at him and hugging my arms around his waist from behind. I pulled him back and we both fell in a heap. Safe on the roof.

I held him tightly. He showed no expression on his face whatsoever. I pulled his head onto my lap. It seemed as if he was barely breathing.

Bou and Miku made it to the roof at that moment.

Kanon was pale and felt somewhat cold. He smelled of alcohol.

“No!” I choked. “What did you do?” I cried, holding him.

Was I going to lose him?

“Call for help!” I begged. Miku whipped out his cell phone and dialed rapidly.

Bou knelt by me.

“Be strong. He can make it.” He told me. I hoped he was right.

I couldn’t feel Kanon’s steady breathing anymore. Was he dead?!

I screamed and cried like never before. It turned out, however, that he wasn’t dead, but close to it. His breathing was slow and irregular. He had lost consciousness long before.

Help finally came. The paramedics assured us they would do everything they could to help him.

They had to help him. They had to keep him alive.

He had to live, he just had to.

♥♥♥

Kanon’s POV

I woke up to a weight on my chest and the sounds of sobbing. I opened my eyes and was almost overcome by bright white. My vison focused and I realized I was in a hospital room. I was alive.

Kaiyo had her head buried in my chest, sobbing. I felt guilty. Was she that worried about me?

I draped my arm across her back and over her shoulders. Her head snapped up. She stared at me with teary eyes.

“Kanon! Thank goodness!” she clung to me, sobbing. I hugged her tight and stroked her hair.

“W-why?” she managed.

“I-I…” My voice faded as Miku busted into the room followed by my friends and some doctors.

It turned out that I had managed to survive a major case of alcohol poisoning. Lucky me.

I got to go home after a few days. No one asked me many questions until we were home.

On the first night back, I had confided to Yuuki about it all. Everything. I didn’t spare a single detail. Declaring that there was some kind of mistake or misunderstanding, Yuuki made me retell it all to Miku. His eyes widened. He didn’t comment much, but I knew he was listening.

“Kanon.” He said firmly. “You know Kaiyo is my very best friend. I love her, but I’m not in love with her. She deserves to be loved by multiple people. It’s just different kinds of love.” He told me.

That’s when it all made sense.

“I’m so selfish…” I murmured, shamefully.

“No, you’re not. You just really love her, that’s all. You were hurt by what you thought was happening.” He said gently.

I still couldn’t help but feel like a jerk.

Miku patted my back and smiled.

“Now, go tell my best friend you love her.” He said.

♥♥♥

“Kanon?” Kaiyo asked. We were in the living room lounging on the couch. It was just the two of us.

“Yes?” I replied.

“W-why did y-you…” she stopped, but I knew exactly what she was talking about. I shushed her.

“I-I…It’s kinda stupid.” I told her.

“Oh,” she murmured.

I leaned against the arm of the couch and pulled her back, holding her by her waist. She leaned the back of her head into my chest.

I sighed. How could I tell her?!

I had to be brave.

“K-kaiyo?”

“Yes?” she answered.

I turned her to face me and kissed her lips. I was really happy when she kissed me back.

“I love you…” I told her, hugging her. “So much.”

“I love you, too.” She replied. Tears were running down her cheeks.

“Why are you crying?” I asked gently. "Did I do something wrong?"

She shook her head and smiled.

“I’m just so happy!” she told me. I smiled, brushed her tears away, and kissed her once more.

“About time they got together!” Miku yelled.

We broke apart and laughed.

The whole band was at the doorway smiling. Including Bou.

“Aww! A geek and a photographer! How cute!” Bou teased.

“Aww! A cross dresser!” Teruki teased Bou. Bou stuck his tongue out.

Teruki rolled his eyes.

“When can I expect to see little Kaiyos and little Kanons running around?” Takuya teased.

“Oh, shut up!” We yelled, blushing like crazy. Takuya laughed.

“Let’s give them some privacy,” Yuuki suggested.

They shut the door.

“Use protection!” I heard Teruki yell. Followed by an “Ow! Bou hit me!”

Kanon and I laughed.

♥♥♥

Kaiyo’s POV

We spent the rest of the day talking, playing video games, watching TV, and just being together.

Life couldn’t get any better.

“Hey, Kanon?”

“Hmmm?”

“That night, when I was in the hospital, did your wish ever come true?”

“Yes,” he replied, smiling. “Yours?”

I smiled and snuggled into him. “Yes!”

“Ano, what did you wish for?” I asked.

“You,” he grinned.

I smiled. “You had that all along, you know. I wished for you,”

“And you had me all along,” he said, tilting my chin up and kissing me.

Wishes were still beautiful things.
♠ ♠ ♠
5,557 words. The longest one shot I've ever written :) I idolize Kanon-sama, after all! :)