Status: Completed

What the Hart Wants

Hello, are you an angel?

I was alone for quiet some time, thinking about everything. Afraid of what was going to occur, I was going to be all alone.
But I was going to be alone. . .
I really couldn’t think of which one was better, being alone, or being alone. Alone away from everyone I knew, or alone being away from all the bad shit that everyone I knew was into.
Alone might not be so bad after all.
My next upsetting life altering thoughts went to Pastor Tom Peters. How will he handle the F.B.I. getting involved with his cult? What will he do when I don’t get out of school? Will he know? Will he go ballistic?
A shiver traveled up my spine. I don’t think he would be really happy on anything going on. In fact, he’d probably kill me if he could.
She came back with two sandwiches and two water bottles. “Here ya go,” she said with a giant smile. “I was kind of hungry, and I thought that maybe you were too.”
“Thank you,” I answered, checking to see what kind of sandwich it was. Turkey, yum.
“You are very welcome.” She snacked on hers while I ate mine. “You know, Lorelei, you will have to have pictures taken. They need to record the abuse and that means you’ll have to have pictures taken and a written statement.”
“Who will take them?” I questioned, fear seeming through to my core. I was going to have to have the bruises documented and that meant I’d have to strip again. I’d have to have strangers look at me half naked.
“Don’t worry,” she patted my leg, gently and reassuringly. “I’m sure that we can arrange to have a woman do it. If that helps at all?”
I smiled at that, trying so hard to make sure it was obvious that I appreciated it.
The food was heaven in my empty stomach, and though I tried to stifle the moans of pure delight. However I’m sure that didn’t exactly work.
She gave a chuckle. “You missed lunch I take it?”
“Yeah,” I tried not to let the heat flush through my face. However it didn’t’ seem to work.
The final bell rang finally and I felt pure unadulterated fear seep into my very core. He would be waiting for me. In his large blue truck, growing more and more impatient as the time went on.
“It’s okay,” Mrs. Buckley attempted to calm me, putting a gentle hand on mine, as she stood and made her way to the door. “I’m going to get my boys.” She opened the door and quickly turned back to me, “You stay here.”
She left me, and I soon found myself all alone in a boring lone room, watching my peers scurry away home to join their good grand home. Where their families would ask them how their day was going and happy that they would be home.
People scurried all about and I just sat and watched. Envying they’re happy lives and families.
I wonder what will happen. Will Pastor Peters call Aunt Patty and Uncle Pat? What will the school say? What will he think when he see’s the cop cars?
My head was buzzing over what could happen, and I really wasn’t sure I’d be able to live through the consequences that would be brought on by my spilling. Was it really worth telling if there’s nothing they can do that can save me?
“Hey, are you Lorelei?” a guy asked, dragging me out of my musing.
It took me a long minute to answer back, he was gorgeous!
His hair was a shaggy auburn, with eyes the most interesting shade of hazel that seemed to hold all the world’s joy. He was tall but so… perfect.
I made something of a mumbled yes, earning a beautiful smile from him. “Cool.” He stated, making it be cool. I tried to continue breathing but with his smile directed at me, I found it horrible difficult. “I’m Dean Buckley, my mom said to come straight here, she’s looking for my kid brother.”
I tried to speak, but found it almost impossible. I’m positive that any minute now, he will sprout wings and fly away.
“LORELEI!” someone screamed causing me to cringe in fear and pain. “LORELEI HART!” Pastor Peters screamed again. “I DEMAND YOU SHOW YOURSELF AT ONCE!”
My breath began to race and my heart pounded in my ears.
Stomping became apparent as it sounded closer and closer. He was coming for me.
I saw the wisps of his hair as he reached the large windows to the hall. My breath was burning in my lungs as I held my breath and my head began to go fuzzy.
Someone grabbed hold of me and covered my mouth as I tried to scream. They pulled me away from the couch that sat in front of the windows and into the restroom that connected to her office.
I was like a leaf in the wind. Unable to even breathe let alone stop myself from shaking as I was.
“Shush,” a soothing voice tried to reach the fog of my panic. A gentle hand ran up and down my back tenderly. “He can’t get you now,” the melodic voice tried to soothe. “Calm down, sweetie, nothing will get you, your safe.”
Was it really as simple as that?
“LORELEI, GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANCE!” He yelled banging on the restroom door. “I KNOW YOU’RE HERE!” He yelled.
“Sir, your going to have to stop, the school doesn’t know where she is!”
“But I saw her here!”
“No sir, you just saw my son,” the woman’s voice sounded oh so familiar but I was unable to tell. He knew I was here, he’s going to get me and there’s nothing I could do about it. He’s going to kill me! “Dean sweetie.”
“Can’t I use the john in peace?” the voice holding me yelled, before flushing what appeared to be a toilet.
“See, it’s just my son. Now if you’d like to wait to make an report the police will be here shortly. I’m sure they’d be grateful for your time.”
“No,” his voice seemed to be contemplating, and I just couldn’t stop shaking. “No, I think I’ll go out and search for her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading and especially the lovely reader who commented. Thank you so much!