Sequel: Song of Pure Romance
Status: Completed, One-Shot for Jess babe

You're What I've Been Missing In My Life

Baseball Game and Horror Movies

"Jess, where in the hell is that damn hat?" my friend Kat asked.

"On the shelf where you left it Kat" I called to her from the kitchen. I heard a squeal of delight and figured she found it.

"Got it" she yelled "Now let's go watch this game, there is a horror movie marathon tonight. And I swear if you touch that computer to update on of your stories. I am going to throw it out the window. No writing tonight, I swear you update more than I do. Novelists have nothing on us" she said grabbing her messenger bag.

I laughed and grabbed my phone. My screen was a picture of William Beckett as a vampire. Kat made fun of me for it but she still thinks that is a hot photo of him.

We got in the car and drove to the ball park where a group of friends was playing baseball. William, a.k.a Bilvy or Will, was practicing for batting.

"Hey Bilvy" Kat yelled as she waved to him.

He stopping practicing and looked over at us. I felt my cheeks turn red as he smiled at me. I have been in love with him for years. I had O.W.D. Obsessive William Disorder. I knew the music video "Little Less Sixteen Candles" by heart. I could tell you down to the second of when William would appear in it.

Billy waved to me and I waved back sheepishly; we found seats and sat down. I wrote fan-fictions about this boy. I mean seriously, I was an addict for him. But I couldn't get the words out to ever ask him on a date. I tried, but I ended up changing topics or chickening out. Kat had the same problem, she was in denial before about her current boyfriend Tyson. She never wanted to admit that she loved him, but he finally kissed her and SMACK! They are a happy couple now. Only if I could get over my shyness of asking him out.

We watched as Billy's team played and he went up to the plate. Kat and Tyson cheered loudly for him and I joined in. "GO WILLIAM!!" we yelled. He swung and knocked the ball out of the park, literally. The whole crowd watched as the ball flew right past the score board into the woods. Will dropped the bat and took of like a bat out of hell running the bases.

He made a home-run and his team won 12 to 9. I was so thrilled for him, I damn near wanted to jump out of the bleachers and tackle him. But I held what little self control I had. I got off the bleacher and went to the fence. "That was g-great Will" I said as he walked past.

"Thank Jess, I heard you cheering for me too" he said flashing me a smile.

------xxx-----

"Okay Jess, take control. You go up to him and ask him out on a date" Kat said staring down into my eyes with her hands on my shoulders. I hated being short, she was about 6 foot and I was stuck at 5 foot 4.

"I got this" I said to myself. Kat smiled and moved her hands before turning me and gently pushing me forwards towards William.

"I don't got this" I said turning away from him.

"Jess?" William asked. I was glued to the spot, I wanted to melt when he spoke my name, it sounded so sweet when he said it. I swallowed and turned around slowly to look at him. I made eye contact and we both beamed.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"I wanted to ask you something" he said blushing a bit.

"I have something too" I said.

"You can ask me first" he said.

"No, you can go first" I replied.

"You"

"You first"

"No, you"

"No Billy, you go first" I said putting my foot down.

"Jess, ask me what you were going to" he shot back.

"Willyougoonadatewithme?" I spat out quickly.

"Sorry, I didn't catch all of that" he said smiling hopefully. God he was killing me with those eyes! I loved them and they were staring at me intently.

"I said, will you go on a date with me?"

"Y-Yes, I'd love to go out with y-you" he stuttered. I thought it was adorable, even though he hated it sometimes.

"What did you want to ask me?" I asked him.

"If you wanted to watch The Shining and some other horror movies later today. There is a horror movie marathon on late tonight" he said.

"I'd love to, your place or mine?" I asked feeling more outgoing after I got over my fear of asking him out.

"Your place" Billy said smiling from ear to ear.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. "Until tonight my love" he said before leaving. I think I died and went to heaven. I asked out William Beckett and he said yes!

"Great job Jess" Kat said hugging me after Billy walked away.

"Thanks" I said. I had some planning/cleaning to do before he got there. Tyson picked up Kat and threw her over his shoulder before we walked back to the car.

"I'll stay and help clean, the guys can survive a few hours without me" he said putting her in the car and sitting in the back seat. I got in and probably broke a few speed limits getting home so we could clean. Few hours later the house was spotless, there was plenty of junk food from the kitchen to the living room to sedate a horde of little kids.

"I'm changing into something more comfy" Kat said getting off the couch.

"I'll help you" Tyson said eagerly.

"No, you stay here. I'll be right back" she said before going upstairs.

"Kat is mean" Tyson pouted.

I laughed at him awhile he pouted on the couch, waiting for her to come back down. The door bell rang and I got up to answer it. I looked in the peek hole and saw a smiling William. I grinned and opened the door for him.

Billy walked in and closed the door behind him. "Movie marathon begins soon" Tyson called from the couch. Kat came back down in a pair of sleep pants with a tank top on. "Hey Bill" she said waving before sitting next to Tyson.

"Want anything to drink or eat?" I asked.

"Anything you have is great" he said taking off his jacket. I put it on the coat rack and went into the kitchen. I grabbed a variety of sodas and a few waters, then some popcorn and junk food. I set it on the coffee table and sat next to William on the couch. Tyson and Kat hogged the recliner that was extended out so they were lying back.

I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and propped my feet up on the edge of the table. I leaned back and tossed a few pieces in my mouth as the marathon began. The Shining began and Billy whispered in my ear "this is one of my favorites"

"Mine too" I whispered back. We watched about half of the movie and Will began to toss popcorn up in the air and catch it with his mouth. I giggled when he missed a few pieces.

"Your eyes are a yellow color" he said as he stopped tossing the popcorn up in the air.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, I think it is beautiful" he said moving closer to me.

"thank you, they change from hazel to yellow when-"

"You are happy" he finished.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked.

"I've paid attention to you. I know you write stories, I know you have a horde of movie posters, you love volleyball, batmittion, watching baseball or NASCAR. I know you are loyal and you put others before yourself" he said smiling before he leaned towards me.

I took a deep breath and met his lips. They were amazing, so soft and inviting. I wrapped my fingers in his hair and pulled him closer. His hands traveled down to my hips as he leaned me back against the couch. "I have loved you from the moment I met you Billy" I confessed.

"I fell in love you with Jess. You're what I've been missing in my life. I love playing baseball, you love watching it. You love horror movies and I love you for that" he said smiling his cheeky smile.

I smiling widely as he said that and I kissed him again. "TYSON! THAT IS SO GROSS!" Kat yelled suddenly.

We broke away and sat up looking at them. Kat was trying to get away but Tyson was holding her close to him. "You farted and it smells horrid" she said wiggling to get away from him.

He just laughed harder and held her wrapped his arms around her waist tight, hauling her to his chest. She pinched the end of her nose to block the smell and said "this is wrong, what did you eat? Sewage?"

"No, just some popcorn, twizzlers, had a few sodas, some m&ms and a snickers" he said.

"You are the one who ate my twizzlers?!" Kat asked stunned turning her heads toward him. He just smiled. I was half expecting the smell to reach me and Billy but there was nothing. Must have been a quick and deadly one. Not one that lingers.

"Yes" he said before kissing her lips.

"Evil spawn" she said as they kissed. We went back to watching the horror movie marathon and soon there was a light snore. I looked over and Kat was snuggled up on Tyson's chest with his arms around her sleeping. It was a cute sight. He smiled as he moved some hair out of her face and kissed her brow.

William was lying behind/beside me on the couch. I kicked off my shoes and laid in front of him. He draped an arm over my waist and kissed my hair.

"You're what I've been missing in my life" he sang softly to me.

"You're what I've been dreaming of" I sang to him smiling.

"You'll be that girl, you'll be that girl" he said before kissing me again.

"Up next is Spiral Staircase" Tyson said looking at the guide.

"Awesome, I love that movie" I said.

Bilvy squeezed me gently and I looked up at him and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jess's outfit

Banner 1

First ever one-shot Jess. I hope you like it. Other banner that I made, I couldn't really decide which one looked the best so you can see both of them xP