Status: Complete

Familiar

Nothing Happens to Him Without it Being Cleared by Me

Scud sat on the cold metal bench, his nerves were getting to him. He'd glance up at Reinhardt every now and then, Reinhardt just stood there, holding his gun, a malicious smirk on his face. It had only been a few hours after Lucy left for work when Reinhardt appeared at her door and told Scud to come with him. "What do you want with me?" Scud had asked. He had been nervous, but was trying to trust the large vampire, for Lucy.

"Just come with me," Reinhardt had said. He'd led him through the parking lot and to a sleek black Mercedes Benz. The ride to the building he was now in had been a quiet one. There hadn't been any questions asked, and Reinhardt hadn't offered any information either.

When they pulled up to the building Scud was now sitting in, Reinhardt's cell phone rang. Scud could barely hear his half of the conversation, and Reinhardt didn't bother to tell him who was on the other end of the line. Reinhardt had snapped the phone shut and without looking at Scud said, "Come on!"

Scud got out of the car and followed him inside the building. "So....what are we doing?" he had asked.

Reinhardt said nothing.

"Where's Blade?"

Once again, Reinhardt stayed silent.

The walk to where Scud now sat had been a quiet one, and Scud was dreading what was at the end of the walk, simply because he didn't know what awaited him. He nervously reached up and ran his hand over his chin. He noticed Reinhardt look up and turn his head back down the hall in the direction they had come from.

Scud turned his head in the same direction and seen Lucy walking down the hall. She looked flustered, her eye brows were pushed together, causing her forehead to wrinkle, and her mouth was twisted into a frown. She ignored Scud as she walked past him and up to Reinhardt. She shoved him up against the wall, her hand wrapped around the large man's throat. Scud's eyes widened at the sight in front of him, shocked at how easily the considerably smaller woman was able to overpower Reinhardt. "What do you think you are doing?" she shouted at him.

"Will you lower your voice?"

Lucy's eyes narrowed at Reinhardt and her fingers wrapped tighter around his throat. "Why did you bring him here?" she asked, enunciating each word with perfect precision.

"I'm just following orders," Reinhardt said, a sly smile creeping across his lips.

"Orders! Who's orders? In case you're forgetting, he's my familiar. Nothing happens to him without it being cleared by me."

"My orders," said Damaskinos, appearing from the opposite end of the hall way.

Lucy let go of Reinhardt, and spun on her heel, turning to face the vampire, her expression was twisted into an angry snarl, a low growl was forming in her throat. "Why?" she demanded.

Damaskinos's lips curved into a wicked smile, "Well, it's only right that the daywalker looks into the eyes of the reason for his demise one last time."

Scud watched as her jaw tensed, the same hand that had been holding Reinhardt up against the wall slowly curled into a fist.

"Lucy, my dear, there's nothing to worry about, I assure you," he told her. It was obvious she didn't believe him. Her eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared. It was clear that she wanted to hurt the man standing in front of him. "Trust me, the daywalker doesn't even have any of his weapons on him." Lucy's eyes didn't leave him, so Damaskinos continued, "You could join us in there, if it'll make you feel better."

Lucy nodded her head slightly, the muscles in her face twitched as she tried to smile at Damaskinos, but she was clearly too angry to, because the smile never appeared. She took a deep, ragged, and unneeded breath before walking over to Scud, and taking his hands in hers. "Are you okay?" she asked.

He nodded.

"Good. Everything's going to be fine," she told him, although it sounded more as if she was reassuring herself.

Reinhardt opened the door and held it open as Damaskinos made his entrance into the room where Whistler and Blade were being held captive. Whistler stood near Blade, who laid unconscious on the floor. One look at Blade and Lucy took a step back, "What is it?" Scud asked.

"I'm sorry, I can't go in there." She looked up at Scud and blinked twice, the fear was obvious in her eyes, but Scud couldn't understand why. "Reinhardt will be in there though, won't you?" she glanced up at him.

Reinhardt nodded and Lucy turned back to Scud.

"He'll protect you. And I'll be right here, I'll watch through the window in the door."

"Okay." Scud ran his hand over his chin and kissed Lucy's forehead before looking at Reinhardt.

The devious smile was back on his lips as he grabbed Scud by the top of his arm and dragged him into the room, keeping up the appearance that Scud hadn't betrayed Blade. There was no reason for them to blow his cover until Blade was awake. He pushed him forward near Whistler, and Scud turned to look at Reinhardt. He frowned and rubbed his arm where Reinhardt had roughly grabbed him.