Status: Complete

Familiar

Don't Die On Me

Lucy watched, just like she said she would. Fear took hold of her when she seen Blade pull out a small detonator. He pushed the button, but nothing happened. Reinhardt took the small bomb off the back of his head while Scud explained that he was a familiar. He even showed Blade the mark on his lip. Right as Blade was about to push the button again, she burst into the room, "NO!" she shouted.

Everyone turned and looked at her. "Lucy, I presume?"

She didn't say anything as she walked over to where Scud was and stood between him and Blade. "I won't let you kill him," she told him.

"I knew it was just a matter of time before this happened, I could smell the vampire stench on him the night he ran into you." He glanced at Scud, who was clearly nervous. "If I were you, I'd put that down and kick it as far away from me as possible." Scud did, and Blade turned back to Lucy. "So, you think you can stop me from killing all these suck heads?"

She shook her head, "I don't care about them. I stopped caring about them after you killed Frost. I only want to make sure Scud gets out of here alive."

"Frost? Deacon Frost?" Blade's lips curled up into a smile, "That's why you done it, isn't it? A little bit of revenge because I killed your maker."

"No," she shook her head slightly, "I'll admit, I loved Frost, and I have dreamed of killing you, but if I was that concerned about revenge, I would have acted on it a long time ago."

Blade ignored her, and his eyes flicked back to Scud, "Can't you see she was only using you to get to me. Not for this, but for revenge."

"That's not true," she said.

Blade continued ignoring her, "She said it herself, you heard her, she loved Frost."

Lucy turned to face Scud, "That's not true. I don't care about revenge. I love you Scud, this had nothing to do with Frost."

As Lucy and Scud talked, chaos erupted among the vampires. Lucy grabbed Scud's hand and led him to an exit, but Blade blocked their path. With his sword in hand, he jabbed it forward, straight into Lucy's stomach. "You missed, asshole."

"You know, you're not the first person to call me that tonight." The force in which he withdrew the sword caused her to stumble forward a bit, "And I wasn't aiming for your heart," he added.

The realization of what he meant slowly sunk in, and Lucy turned around to face Scud. A dark red stain slowly grew larger on his shirt. He pressed his hands to the wound, the blood covered his fingers and the palms of his hands. He looked down at the blood, then up at Lucy before falling to his knees, then onto his side. She was quick though, and she was there to catch his head before it hit the floor. She held his head against her chest and brushed his hair back out of his face, "Lucy..." Scud breathed.

"You can't die on me, please don't."

He reached up and touched her cheek, smearing the blood across her skin. She reached up and covered his hand with hers, "I love you," he whispered as his eyes began to close.

She stuck her wrist to her mouth and bit down, tearing the skin away. As the red liquid began to seep out of the wound, she pressed her wrist to his lips before she healed. She squeezed her eyes shut and silently prayed that it would work. She was so focused on Scud, that she didn't even hear Reinhardt behind her, "There was no reason for you to do that to her," he told Blade.

"Why do you care?" he asked in return.

"For the past four years, she lived like a human, she doesn't even feed on them. She chose him as a familiar to protect him."

"I'm noticing some jealousy in your voice?"

"I care her about her, if that's what you mean. She doesn't deserve this. You try so hard to be human, but if you were, then you'd have a heart, and you'd realize that she loves him. And taking him away from her only makes you one of the monsters you hate so much." As the fight broke out between the two of them, Reinhardt shouted to Lucy, "Get him out of here! Take him home!"

Lucy tore her wrist away from Scud's mouth and lifted him up off of the floor. With one arm over her shoulders, Scud was able to find some strength to walk, although it was more so her dragging him through the building and to her car. She helped him into the passenger seat and ran around to the other side. She drove as quickly as she could, Scud's head tilted to the side as he slowly lost consciousness. When she pulled up to her building she pulled him out of the car and got him inside and into her bedroom before the first light of dawn could be seen.

Scud was out of it now. Lucy pushed his large jacket off of him and unbuttoned his shirt. She peeled it away from the wound and tossed it onto the floor. Scud leaned against the headboard and Lucy grabbed an old T-shirt. She ripped it into strips to use as bandages for his wound. Then she pulled his shoes off of him before laying him down on the bed and covering him with the blanket. She reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lighter. She stuck one of the cigarettes to her lips and lit it. After taking a long drag off of it she looked at the unconscious man and said, "If you die, I'll kill myself. If you don't wake up when the sun sets, then when it rises again, I'm going to walk out into the middle of the street and let it kill me."

She took another drag from the cigarette before putting it out and lying down on the bed next to him. She pushed the button for the protective cover to come down, and block out any rays that would find their way into her bedroom. She took Scud's hand in hers and whispered, "I love you Josh, don't die on me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that's not how the movie ends,
But I couldn't bare to write that either of them die.
And this way, you can decide whether Scud dies,
Or he comes back and lives happily ever after with Lucy.
Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed it, and thanks for reading it.