Status: Complete

Familiar

Do You Think B Will Notice

It had been an hour since Reinhardt had left, there would only be a couple of hours before the sun rose. They had discussed what Scud was supposed to do to help them. Now Lucy sat across his lap, her feet dangling over the floor. She had a blood bag in her hand, the straw-like tube disappeared at the corner of her mouth. He could see the scarlet liquid as it flowed up the tube. He ran his hand over his chin before picking up his glass of ice water. "You know, this explains why you didn't even touch your drink at the club."

"It would have made me sick, she said, the tube never leaving her mouth.

"Then why'd you have me order it?" he asked, after taking a sip.

"I have to keep up appearances when I'm in places ran by humans."

"Well next time you can pay to keep up appearances," he took another sip before placing the glass back down on the table.

She playfully hit him on the arm and they both gave light chuckles. "Your lip is still swollen," she said, gently running her finger across it.

"Do you think B will notice?"

She nodded, and pulled an ice cube out of his glass. She pushed his lip down and ran the ice over it. "Be careful around him. He's a smart man, you can't let him figure out you've....switched sides." She sat the ice down on the table and gently pressed her lips to his. "Pay attention to him, make sure he doesn't catch on. If he does, he probably won't let you know until it's too late."

Scud nodded, "You're starting to sound like him, the way he was warning me about you."

She sighed and placed her head against his shoulder, "It's getting late. You should probably get back to him before he starts to get suspicious or worry."

"Yeah." She got up emptied his glass into the sink before throwing away the now empty blood bag. She turned back to face him and seen him still sitting in the chair. "So what do I tell him if he asks about my lip?"

She thought for a moment, "Tell him you bit it...by accident."

She walked back over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders. She stood on the tips of her toes to gently place another kiss on his lips. "Is there anything you need for me to do while the sun's out."

She shook her head, "Just be safe." A few seconds passed and she added, "And if you want, you can get yourself a coffee maker and some coffee. You know, for here."

He smiled and leaned down to give her a quick kiss, "I'll do that."

Right before Scud left she gave him a key so that he'd be able to get in when she was asleep. He drove back to the hideout happier than he'd been in a long time. He tried to walk into the warehouse as casually and unsuspiciously as possible. As he did he pulled out his pack of cigarettes and his lighter. He placed a cigarette between his lips and lit it as he came into Blade's view. "You were out late," Blade said, not looking up at him.

"Yeah, Lucy and I.....well, we really hit it off again."

"You got lucky?"

"I don't kiss and tell."

"So did you bite your lip, or did she?"

Scud's hand immediately went to his mouth, his eyes widening. Lucy had been right. Blade would notice the swelling. "Me," he said, rubbing his chin. "I bit it while I was eating."

It was impossible to tell Blade's expression due to the dark shades he wore. Scud could only hope he wasn't onto him.

"Any luck in finding Whistler?" he asked, trying to change the subject, not wanting to linger too long on Lucy.

Blade shook his head, "No, but I think I know where he is now. I'll try again tomorrow."

Scud fought the yawn, he was tired from being up all night. Between the intimacy he and Lucy had shared and having Reinhardt frighten him as frequently as possible just for a laugh, Scud was exhausted. "Well, I'm gonna go to bed. I'm tired." He ran his hand over his chin again before adding, "See ya in the morning."