I Wish I Could Be the One

Anyone But You and Me...Makes a Crowd...

We decided to spend our last night there in your typical Texas roadhouse – small and dusty, but the drinks were cheap – so it suited us just fine. And we were all pretty stoked; we had just sent some money home to Papa G so he could have more shirts and CD’s shipped out to us. After talking with him though, I think we all started to get a little homesick.

I’m just a beach bum at heart really; I just wanted my soft sands and ocean…my brothers keep promising to finally teach me to surf (I wasn’t blessed with an abundant amount of coordination like they were…so they usually lose patience with me pretty quickly).

Val and I had a little more packing up to do, so we agreed to meet up with the guys at the bar a little later. I had finally decided that I was going to put an effort into having a talk with Brian tonight. I wasn’t going to continue ignoring him, it was just ridiculous really – we’ve been friends since I was 7 years old…I’m not going to let him throw all those years of friendship down the tubes, just because he feels uncomfortable around me...or something…whatever his problem is. I’m sure he realizes what Val told me though, so I’m determined to make sure he’s aware that I do not plan on letting it get in the way of our friendship anymore. I was really excited after I made my decision, but wanted to start drinking quickly as I was still going to need a little liquid courage.

Val and I saw that the guys had gotten us a booth to sit in, so we headed over towards them. When Shads caught a glimpse of us walking over, he started nodding his head slightly to try
and get Val’s attention. “What is that bonehead boyfriend of yours doing, Benny?”

“I don’t know, but I’m sure it has something to do with them wanting us to grab them some more beers on our way over…but too bad, because I gave all the money to him.” She said, as we approached the table. Not everyone looked like they were in the best of moods, except Jimmy and Johnny of course, because they were chatting up a couple of cute southern girls…leave it to our boys. I noticed the space next to Brian was empty, so I decided to take advantage…I could warm up to him a little as I was pounding down my first few couple of bottles.

“Um, no…wait a sec…some…” Brian started saying when he caught on to what I was intending on doing…he was cut off though…

“Hey doll, thanks for saving me a seat…the bathroom in here is so gross.” I turned to see a petite blonde slide into where I was just about to sit, as she started talking to Brian. My, Brian…Synyster fucking Gates…this blonde stranger’s…doll? They’ve known each other for 3 seconds and she’s already given him a nickname, what the fuck was that???

Shads started drumming his fingers on the table…he was probably bummed because he wasn’t able to see his feet through it. Val just glared at Gates. My brothers were over playing a game of pool and were doing their best impression of blind men. Zacky was scribbling stuff out on a placemat; Johnny had already started sucking face with his bimbo. Jimmy looked at me with sad eyes and a smile. “Hey, my gorgeous girl, d’ya wanna come an sit on my lap?” he slurred a little…Lord, he was already well on his way to happy land.

“Uh, oh, excuse me…but my friend is with him tonight.” I turned in the direction of that hideous bitch’s voice. She had some friggin’ balls didn’t she; just who the hell did she think she was talking to? As I glanced over Gates on my way to settling my eyes on her, I could see him drop his head in his hands. Yep, asshole, you picked a winner all right. I looked her right in the eye, and I’m sure I didn’t look pleased because it looked as though she instinctively started moving backward as far as the seat would let her. I heard Jimmy and Johnny giggle as they started chanting – “girl fight, girl fight, girl fight.”

“Well thank you for the offer there, Jimbo, but I actually think I’m going to take a seat at one of those-them-there- barstools…closer to the alcohol that way, less area for that good old barkeep to travel, if you know what I mean…”

That's it...that’s the best I could do…that’s all I could manage before I was going to lose all composure whatsoever. I would be damned if I was going to let Synyster Gates get the satisfaction of me killing someone over him. Because, I’m sure, if given the opportunity…once I started beating on her, I wouldn’t have stopped.

“Yeah, it’s definitely too crowded at this table, I think Matty and I will join you.” Val fumed, as Shads was on his feet before she was. Once at the bar, Val couldn’t wait to tell me how proud she was of me, and how much she hated Gates right now.

“You know what Vally, I just can’t even talk about it. I don’t ever want to talk about him again, as long as I live, ok?” I tried to smile through the tears I could feel making their way to my eyes. I was crushed…absolutely friggin’ heartbroken. Mr. Gates had gone beyond proving his point this time. She was about to say something else to me, but Shads touched her arm…

“Babe, let’s just order up some drinks ok?” She nodded her head in agreement and gave him one of her adoring looks. It looked like a very tender moment between the two of them, which for some reason made me want to chew my fingers off with my teeth.