I Wish I Could Be the One

When Pigs Fly...

Syn’s POV…

“So…did you want to come over to my place?” I heard someone squeak from next to me.

“Huh, oh…um, no…not tonight.” I really just wished this chick would get the hint and go away. I had made the biggest mistake in thinking this is what I actually might want.

“Didn’t you say this was your last night here?” Ugh, she was still here.

“Yeah.”

“Well then, when are we supposed to get together?” Jesus, was this chick even born with a brain?

“I don’t know.”

“Are you going to fly me out to your next gig?” She started sounding a little panicky.

“Bitch, WE don’t even fly to our gigs.” What the hell? I had said three words to her since Bree got here and she wants me to start flying her all over the country.

“What the hell is your problem?” Bingo…the “B” word did the trick…

“Do you pick up so many strangers, that you can’t go one night without bringing one home to fuck you?” I asked straight out…I just didn’t feel like coddling this one any longer.

“Excuse me? What the fuck did you just say to me asshole?” She just about spat in my face.

“Never mind.” Maybe she would just get up and walk away now.

“No, I’m not going to never mind, you fucking prick.” Ah, she’s right back into it…this one just doesn’t know how to take a hint. “You know that’s a pretty shitty thing to do to someone.” She continued, bordering on hysterics.

“What are you talking about?”

“You just used me to get her jealous didn’t you?” Oh, there it is…the look on my face gave away the fact that she had just stepped on my one last nerve.

“Who? What in God’s name are you talking about?” Like I didn’t know the answer to that one. Women, can SMELL thoughts of another woman on a man.

“The dark haired bitch that came in with the blonde earlier.” Oh, she would mean the bitch that almost killed this bimbo, just for the fact that she was breathing the same air as her.

“She’s not a bitch.” I shot back at her…

“That’s what I thought, dink. You friggin’ used me.” Shit, it looked like the waterworks were going to come on.

“I wasn’t trying to make her jealous.” I really, really wasn’t. I was trying to just not think of her at all.

“Yeah you were, and you used me for it.” Man, was I getting tired of this conversation.

“So…I was a nice guy when you thought I was going to use you for sex. But now that you think I’m using you because of some other girl…I’m the asshole? How does that work?” I was genuinely curious now.

“No, there are lots of reasons why you’re an asshole. You haven’t paid a stitch of attention to me since SHE walked in the door.” She whined. I hope she didn’t mistake my curiosity for interest.

“Maybe it’s because I just don’t find you that interesting.” How’s that, bitch…

“You haven’t given me a chance; you’ve been watching her for hours. You haven’t listened to a word I’ve said. In fact the only reason you’re speaking to me now is because we’re talking about her!” She might have had a point on that one…actually; I think she was pretty spot on the whole time, except for the jealous part.

“Listen, I’ve paid for your drinks all night…this is going absolutely nowhere, if you’re not already aware of that…so if I’m making you miserable, and you’re convinced I don’t want to be with anyone but my dark haired girl, then why don’t you do yourself a favor and just walk away.” I was almost begging at this point.

“But my friends are with your friends.” And?

“I couldn’t give a fuck less about that, and neither should you…so go…somewhere else, except to the pool table…because those two are my girl’s brothers. And maybe you shouldn’t go near the bar either, she might be apt to kick your ass if you get too close.”
She stormed off, on that last comment…FINALLY.

********

“What the hell…what a skank.” I said, as I noticed Zack looking at me kind of funny.

“Yeah she was…but you know what dude?” He asked hesitantly.

“Yeah I already know, you don’t have to say it.” Oh, it was becoming more apparent to me as each moment went by.

“Ok, Syn, I’m not trying to bust your balls or anything.” He looked relieved.

“I know.”

“And no one has really wanted to get into with you because you’ve been really moody lately.” My patience with him had obviously left an open door for him to keep talking to me about something I didn’t want to discuss.

“I know.”

“So why don’t you just go talk to her.” The hesitation in his voice had come back.

“No.”

“Why?” Another one, who just wouldn’t let things go.

“Because she’s been drinking way too much, she’s not pleased with me at all, and that asswipe has been trying to get into her pants for the last half hour.” I replied, referring to some idiot who popped onto the stool next to her and kept trying to talk to her, as he would touch her arm every 30 seconds.

“Well that’s reason enough then, don’t you think?” Geez, give the boy and A for effort anyway.

“Yeah, well, you know me…someone would get hurt…I’ll wait until tomorrow, we’ve waited this long for each other, one more night isn’t going to kill us.” I reasoned. “Well assuming she’ll have me that is, guess I shouldn’t get ahead of myself on that one, after she looked like she was going to kill about 4 of us at once earlier.”

“Come on dude, she’ll be fine…you’ll convince her…you might just have to go bankrupt doing it.” He laughed and he actually got me to smile for the first time in days.

“And you know we got your back, if you end up going to talk to her…he’s big, but I’m pretty sure you could take him.” With that, he got up to go shoot some pool with the twins.

“Hey ya, we’re in too, don’t forget us.” All of a sudden, Jimmy and Johnny had chimed in. I think it was the first time they stopped sucking face with the girls they picked up in like an hour. I didn’t even know they had heard anything.

“Yeah, well you guys look a little busy.” I laughed.

“Oh no, dude…no woman is worth missing a bar fight for.” Jimmy smirked.

“Alright, whatever guys…I’m not going to start a bar fight anyway, so don’t get yourselves all worked up for nothing.”

And I truly had no intention of starting a bar fight…well that is until…what I saw that motherfucker do next…