I Wish I Could Be the One

A Date With Destiny...

VAL’S POV…

“Jesus, Lee…she’s drinking too much…”

“Wouldn’t you? I know I did.” Leana mumbled.

“Yeah but I know that she took her meds on top of it…we need to not let this become a bigger problem.”

“What do you suggest we do? She has shut down. She’s not listening to anybody.” The events of the last few days, looked like they had taken their toll on Leana’s little baby face. I didn’t want to imagine what she had gone through as well.

“As soon as Brian gets here, I’m putting them together and I’m going to make her talk to him…somehow…don’t ask me how.” I finished as Leana gave me a wild look.

“What’s up girlies?” Jimmy screeched as he came up behind Leana and snaked his long ass arms around her waist.

“Nothing.” We both muttered.

“Then why did you stop talking when we came in?” JB asked as my Matty came and got me in one of his bear hugs.

“No reason.” We weren’t sounding very convincing.

“Bullshit.” Of course, Matty can read me like a book.

“It’s nothing really.” Leana offered, half-heartedly.

“Does it have to do with my sister?” Matt pushed.

“Didn’t we just say it was nothing?” Leana snapped as she moved Jimmy’s arms away from her.

“You’re shitty liars.” Matt stated.

“Why did you have to run out late last night after Leana called you?” Matty asked, giving my hips a squeeze.

“We just wanted to hang out…have some girl time…cheer Berry up.” I wasn’t sure how much longer they were going to let us play this game.

“Doesn’t look like it worked.” JB was relentless…kind of like his sister.

“So where were the three of you early this morning then. And why did I see a prescription for pain killers next to the couch?” Jimmy asked as he turned Leana around to face him.

We were silent. How do you explain what happened?

“You know…we can wait all night for an answer, we’ve got nowhere to be but right here.” Jimmy repeated.

Leana and I just stared at each other. What were we going to do?

“What happened, Val?” Matty tried to pull my face closer to his.

“We can’t…tell…you.” I felt like I was going to start crying all over again.

“Why is that?” He persisted.

“Because.” Both Leana and I said, at the same time.

“Wrong answer.” JB looked really pissed now, so Matty gave him a stern look in our defense.

“We really can’t.”

“The twins have a right to know if it involves their sister.” Jimmy claimed.

“It will be up to her to tell them, then.” Leana was trying really hard to stay loyal to Bree.

“She’s not speaking, as if the two of you didn’t already know that. And she seems pretty fucked up so she’s obviously drank too much already. Which is kind of ballsy for someone who hasn’t been able to keep food down for three days.” This was the most I had ever heard Matt-twin say at one time before.

“Look…we can’t tell you…we promis—“

“Is she pregnant?” Oh shit…how would JB know that?

“Why would you ask that?”

“Because we told our mom what she’s been like lately and she got all worried about it.” Matt answered

“Is she?” JB persisted.

“And if she is…and she’s out there drinking that much…then someone needs to go pull her head out of her ass for her…who do you want it to be? Me or my brother?” I’ve never seen Matt this pissed before.

“Is she Val? Answer us.”

“Not anymore…” I whispered, as the tears started to fall once again.

“What the fuck is that suppose to mean?” Matt demanded.

“Do not even tell me she had an abort—“

“Don’t you dare say that word in front of us, after what we’ve seen today…” I barked at JB.

“Where were you guys then?” Jimmy asked quietly. Although, I’m sure he knew by now.

“At the hospital.” I shrugged, as Matty was wiping my tears of my face and kissing my forehead. I guess he figured it out too finally.

“Trying to calm her down after she found out she had a miscarriage.” Leana started seething at the twins. This was obviously bringing back some pretty painful memories for her. “She didn’t even know she was pregnant until after she lost the baby…needless to say, she’s not doing well. To top it off…the doctor gave her painkillers, which she is now washing down with a little JD and Coke. When you walked in, we were just discussing what the hell we were going to do with her…happy now?” I wasn’t aware Leana had a temper like this. “Got any ideas, heroes?”

“Where’s Brian?” JB started looking around.

“He just got here, he was out back talking to Danny.” Jimmy replied.

“Has he seen her yet?” I jumped away from Matty.

“I don’t know…I think the question is…has she seen him? God knows how she’ll react.” Leana was getting more concerned by the minute.

“Let’s go tell him…” Matty started walking towards the door.

“We’re NOT telling him.” I panicked.

“Yes we are.” Matty looked at me like I had three heads

“No…we’re not…we weren’t suppose to tell you, remember? Leana seethed again.

“He needs to know.” JB insisted.

“And he will…AFTER…we figure out how we’re going to fix this. I repeat…do not tell him.” I was ready to have a breakdown, I could feel it.

“Just so you know, the only reason he’s here…is to get her and bring her back home.” Jimmy looked right through me for some reason. “He left practice early today so he could go pick up the ring he had made for her.” Oh…that would be why he looked at me like he did.

“He made her a ring?” Shit…no one was on the same page here…

“Yeah, he’s been planning it for a while…but since she left, he’s been miserable. So he borrowed some money from Papa G. and went to get it. And now he is here to get her. He is literally on a mission tonight.” Jimmy explained fully.

“Jesus, we need to stop them from getting near each other...right now.” I started to move.

“Too late Babe…he’s about 10 feet away from her…” Shit.

“Hey Val…what the hell is your sister doing here?” Johnny asked as we ran into him in the hallway.

“What? Christ…NO!”

“Yeah, she came in right behind us…” Johnny looked very confused by the looks on all our faces.

“Where the hell is she?” I yelled in Johnny’s face.

“Heading into a collision course, it looks like…” Matt said as he pointed in Bree and Brian’s direction.