I Wish I Could Be the One

You Got Punkd...

“Berry…would you please come talk to Brian?” Gena begged.

“Hon, I’m not suppose to see him…you know that.”

“Just shout at him through the door then.” She insisted. “He’s being…uncooperative.”

“Is he drunk already?” I asked incredulously.

“No…well…I don’t know…I don’t think so, supposedly they only did a couple of shots.” Gena muttered in reply.

“Well, what’s wrong?” I was starting to get a little nervous now.

“You know Sean, my assistant?”

“Of course…he’s doing all their hair right?” I wondered where this was going.

“Yeah…but Syn wants to wear a bandana…he’s insisting and he’s not backing down. Sean doesn’t know what to do with him, because I gave explicit instructions that none of the guys wear anything…stupid…like that.” Gena explained.

“Good God…alright, let’s go.” I grabbed her hand and sprinted downstairs.

**

“Hanes?” I yelled through the door.

“BeBe…you can’t be down here!” I heard some muffled noises from inside the room.

“Hanes…you can not wear a bandana…” I demanded as gently as I could.

“Who ratted me out?” Now I heard man giggles.

“Brian Elwin Haner, Jr.! Are you already fucking drunk?” I screeched.

“No…BeBe…no…I promise…I may have a pretty good buzz going on though…” More giggles.

“Brian…if you boys do not stop drinking right this second and start sobering up…there will be no fucking wedding to celebrate to…do you understand that?” I shouted as Papa G. came running down the hall. “Who let them have alcohol?” I seethed at him.

“Ok…Beebs…it’s ok…we’ll be fine, I promise. So which color bandanna do you think I should wear, anyway?” Now it was full blown laughter coming from the room. My eyes just about popped out of my head. I was going to break down the door with Papa’s head…just because he was there.

“I repeat…YOU…ARE…NOT…WEARING…A…BANDANNA…TO…OUR… WEDDING!!” I hissed through clenched teeth.

“But, Berry…my hair is a mess…” I heard him whine.

“Brian Haner…your hair is always a mess! Isn’t that the point? NO…BANDANNA!” I yelled back at him.

“How about a hat then?” He asked a little too sarcastically. Then I heard Jimmy laughing/crying in the background. “Brian…stop…please…stop…you’re going to make me piss my pants.”

“Gates!!! What is going on in there?” I asked, starting to feel a little paranoid. Suddenly, his voice came from directly behind the door as it opened a crack.

“Gotcha good didn’t I?” I could literally hear him smirking. Then more laughter…from both sides of the door.

“You assholes!” I whined. “You are so going to be sorry for this…you wait…I will retaliate…don’t you worry. It’ll be when you least expect it, I promise you!” I was trying to stifle my laughter to sound serious. God, what a little shit he was.

“Better sleep with your eyes open from now on Gates…she sounds serious!” I heard JB cackle from inside the room.

“I looooove you Berry…” He sang to me through the door.

“Umpf.”

**

As I walked down the aisle with my Dad, surrounded by all of my beloved family and friends, everything illuminated by the soft candlelights…my heart wanted to burst. And there he was, waiting for me at the end of the long white carpet. I had waited for this one moment, my entire life it seems. I could see his eyes get wider, as he started to blink more. By the time I reached him and our friends, there wasn’t a dry eye in the place. We couldn’t tear our eyes away from each other. It felt like I was in one of the many daydreams I had while growing up with the man who was now becoming my long-awaited husband. Everything was perfect.

And just wait until later on when I give him my best gift…