I Wish I Could Be the One

A Tribe Called Quest...

Dinner was finally ready. I whistled for my men to come in. They were always starving and would run in like a herd of buffaloes when they heard me. I rarely had to whistle twice.

But this time…by my 3rd whistle, the boys still hadn’t trampled in. I walked outside, only slightly worried. But I was sure they had all been splashing around in the pool.

“Hey…” I called out. “Where are my boys?” I whistled one more time.

Nothing.

I started searching the yard, trying to keep calm. As I got closer to the shed, I heard a little giggle…and then it dawned on me…

“AMBUSH!!” Was all I heard before hitting the ground with my 5 little boys and 1 big boy sprawled all over me. “We got her good this time, men!” Brian boasted.

Jake and Luke looked less than pleased though. “Yeah well Rowan had to start giggling again.” Jake complained.

“Yeah, he did that the last time too…” Luke sniffed.

“Hey…hey buddy…not the face…Big Mama still needs to breath.” Brian laughed at our youngest; Rowan…who was obviously still taking lessons in the Haner Art of War.

“Um…Big Daddy?” I panted.

“Yeah, Beebs?”

“Are you under the impression that you laying across my chest is helping with my breathing any?”

“But this is MY spot…” Yup, that’s right…he had assigned all the boys their very own attack spot.

“You do realize that you’re heavier than my other assailants? Do you really have to put ALL of your weight into it?” I tried to laugh, but he still had me pinned.

“Well you know…you’re hard to take down sometimes…and this section has the most…cushion.” He smirked sheepishly.

“I think I’m running out of ‘sections’…if 5 had to jump my head.” I grinned as he took my hand to help me up. Unfortunately, 1 and 1 (Jake was older by about 10 minutes…but they wanted to be called 1 and 1, not 1 and 2.) were still attached to my legs. The minute they felt their father start lifting me up, they started scrambling to keep me down…they were strong little shits that’s for sure, Zeke and Cole tried to come to my rescue, but I just ended up down on the ground again as a surprised Brian lost his grip on me.

It had to have been quite a sight to see; as all of a sudden the big twins came running out of the house at full speed and screaming…heading straight for us. “Oh shit…” I groaned as my eyes fell on a very amused Big Daddy. The three BIG boys started chasing the five LITTLE boys around the yard, as the night air was full of yelps and screams and …giggles.

I just sat on the grass watching the melee unfold in front of me. I loved watching all my dark-haired, tanned (as none of them ever wore anything but shorts) babies play together…even the big ones. They did look just like a little tribe of natives; it always made me so happy. But it never failed to end up in a ruckus, as Matt would always start to side with Jake and Cole (they were the most like him anyway). JB would take Luke and Zeke’s side. Big Daddy got stuck with Rowe, and they would end up just giggling each other to death. Yeah, I could definitely see the start of a beautiful drinking partnership developing between Big Daddy and his youngest.

So if our tribe had a chief…it was definitely me. “All right men…in the house…clean up.”

“FOOD!!!” They all screamed in unison.

“Well…yeah…that’s what I came out here to tell you…then you felt the need to attack me.” I laughed, as my various babies climbed all over their uncles. “Hey, I want a ride too; give me a piggy-back…” I said as Brian came up along side me.

“At your service madam…” He gave me one of those gorgeous smiles as he scooted down so I could climb on his back. It amazed me that after all this time; this man could make my heart melt with just a look.

“Hey look!!! Big Mama wants to play chicken…” I heard Zeke scream from across the yard.

“Oh shit…run Hanes, run!” Big Daddy took off as I yelled in his ear.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Oh no…no…look…they’re kissing again!” Jake yelled.

“No…no…somebody stop them from kissing!” Luke continued.

“Hey, what’s the matter 1 and 1?” Jimmy asked my boys as he sat down with them on the floor, to join in their video game.

“Mama and Big Daddy kissing is bad…very bad.” Zeke groaned.

“What’s the matter with that babes? When your mama and daddy kiss it means they love each other.” Leana tried explaining to them.

“No…when Mama and Big Daddy kiss, it means we get another brother.” Luke replied, as Zeke pointed to Colin and Rowan who were spinning around trying to make themselves dizzy in the middle of the kitchen floor. That’s right…my boys were special…

“Yeah and they’re bigger pains in the asses every time they come out.” Jake snickered.

“JACOB MATTHEW HANER!!!...What did I just hear come out of your mouth?” I stopped kissing Brian so I could scream at my son, for his nasties. Unfortunately, he came by it honestly.

“Crap, we’re outta here!” Luke mumbled as he and Jake scrambled outside.

“Hey, wait for me!” Zeke called to them, hot on their heels.

I looked ‘adoringly’ at my husband… “You wouldn’t mind telling me how our little cherub came up with that one would you?”

“I think he gets it from you, actually.” Brian laughed as he quickly got up from the couch and followed the boys outside. “Hey…wait for me…I’m in trouble now too!!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Big Daddy…Jake and Luke have one of your lighters again…” I yelled out to Brian, as he was enjoying a few pops with the guys out on the patio.

“Uh-huh…” He looked confused.

“And they’re heading into the music room…” I continued, laughing to myself about his clueless-ness.

“Uh-huh…” He took another swig of his beer.

“Remember that magazine cover you did with Zacky?”

“SHIT…” He finally yelled as he flew inside the house and down the stairs.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Hanes, you are not getting them BB guns.” I said sternly.

“But I want them to go shooting with me.” He whined.

“Well take them with you…but the guns stay there…period end, Brian.” I was not swaying on this one.

“But, BeBe…” He pleaded as he leaned over and started kissing my neck.

“Your lips are not going to make me change my mind…” My heart started racing.

“But, BeBe…” His hands were down the back of my shorts now, squeezing my ass.

“I said no…I’m not changing my mind…no…matter…what…you…do.” Off came my t-shirt and bra all at the same time.

“Come on…” Both hands were now playing with my nipples as his lips trailed down the base of my neck.

“They’ll use their brothers for target practice…” I moaned, on the brink of caving in.

“You might have a point there…” I felt him smirk against my chest. “I guess I’ll just go tell them…” He suddenly stood up straight.

“I don’t fucking think so, Gates.” I said, wide-eyed.

“What’s the matter, Berry?” He tried his best to look serious…he knew what was coming.

“You…are…not…going anywhere until you finish what you just started.” I seethed at him.

“Alright…if you insist…” As he carried me to our bed.

Later on...Syn's POV

I let the boys in our room once I thought Bree had dozed off after our ‘session’.

“Well, Dad…what did she say?” Zeke whispered excitedly.

“It’s a NO, boys…I’m sorry.” I admitted. They looked crushed. “But it doesn’t mean I’m not still taking you.”

“You’re losing your touch, old man…” Jake snickered.

“You just wait, turd…you’ll be like this too…” He’s such a little shit. But what could I say…I was like putty in Big Mama’s hands.

“How can we go with you if we don’t have our own guns?” Luke whined.

“We’ll just have to keep them at the club. I’ll get you your own lockers.” I tried to reason with them.

“But we want to have them here…” Zeke insisted.

“Well, Big Mama thinks you’ll use your brothers and each other for target practice.” I explained.

“She’s right.” Leave it to Jake. He was just like her.

“I told you…” I heard her whisper.

“Damn, I thought you were sleeping…” I laughed.

“Obviously.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Gather ‘round, Gentlemen.” I said to my boys…as it was once again, lecture time...

“Ma, we’re hardly gentlemen…”

“I know Jake…I know.” I smiled at my carbon copy.

“Then why do you keep calling us that?” Zeke groaned.

“I’m trying to brain wash you.” I stated matter-of-factly.

“Where does the wash go in, through our ears?” Luke asked. And unfortunately, he meant it as a serious question.

“Are you sure you’re my son?” I gawked at him.

“I think he’s Uncle Johnny’s…” My quiet Cole spoke up.

I just hugged them all and laughed… “No. None of you belong to Uncle Johnny. Trust me.”