I Wish I Could Be the One

She's not going to go down without a fight...

Still in the holding room…JB’s POV…

“Dude, is it me, or did you totally just get your ass handed to you by our sweet Val?” Leave it to good old Johnny to break the silence. “I mean, I’ve never heard her use the word ‘fuck’ that many times in one sentence before. I don’t even think I’ve heard her say it that many times, since I’ve known her!”

“Ok, Captain Obvious…we’ve got to be onstage in less than two hours, do we think we can get past what just happened here for a few minutes so we can gear up for this show or what?” And leave it to Shads, always the consummate professional.

Everyone was still looking a little uncomfortable. I mean, seriously, what just took place threw everyone one of us for a loop. I couldn’t help but continue to just stare in Syn’s general direction. Obviously my twin was feeling the same way, as Syn was pointedly trying to avoid both of our gazes. We’re talking about one of my very best friend’s here. And though I can’t say Val, or Bree’s, little outbursts weren’t well deserved…I really felt bad for the guy in some weird way. Basically we were talking about my sister, and I love her more than anything. And of course, I’ve always known how she’s felt about my best friend. But it was just always an unspoken understanding between Syn and I that he would never be allowed to hurt her, or treat her the way he treats other women. And for the most part he has always respected that concept. So, in my genuine “guy” way of thinking, I completely understood everything he said to Val. On the other hand, in no way, should my sister put her life on hold while he goes and sows his wild oats with everyone but her. I think my brother and I just always assumed the two of them would eventually end up together. If our sister had her way, anyway…she has turned out to be a pretty stubborn and willful young woman…getting to grow up being everyone’s “little sister”. And we never really questioned how Syn might feel about her. I guess a dude just never really feels comfortable telling his best bros what he’d like to do with their sister.
In any regard, Val had just shed a whole new light on the situation. And at this point, I don’t think anyone knew exactly how things were going to go from this point forward. I think we were all pretty much praying that our happy little ‘family’ had not just split apart at the seams.

And speaking of splitting apart at the seams, I figured it was my duty to go out and collect our scantily clad little sister. I knew I would need Matt though…this wouldn’t be an easy task, that’s for sure. He seemed to know what I was thinking and stood up at almost the same time I did.

“Hey, what’s up? Where are you two going?” Jimmy was obviously scared I wouldn’t be around to help him get set up.

“We’re going to rein in our ‘little sister gone wild’…anyone care to join us?” Already knowing the answer to that one.

“Ah yeah, good luck with that…just make sure you’re back in time to help me set up…” Yeah, that’s what I thought…Jimmy; tall, tattooed…pussy.

Oddly enough, after sitting there in silence, since…well as Johnny put it…Val handed him his ass, Brian stood up and made a motion for us to sit down. He looked like he wanted to punch someone and cry all at the same time…very disturbing. “What’s up, Syn?” I asked.

“I’ll go get her.”

“Huh?” was about all my brother could muster. I was pretty sure I hadn’t heard him correctly either.

Shads, on the other hand, knew exactly what Syn had said and decided to take matters into his own hands. “Syn, sit down…Zacky, go get him his damn guitar. Syn, just sit and chill for a bit…we need you. We need you to be good. We need you to be calm. We need you in the right frame of mind. Just sit, try to relax and bang out some chords.”

That didn’t exactly get Syn to sit down. In fact he moved closer to the door, which my brother and I and Shads were standing in front of now. Zacky, Johnny and even Jimmy got on either side of him. “I said I’d go get her. Val was fucking right. It’s about time I pulled my head out of my ass. I’m the one who doesn’t want her out there, for my own selfish reasons, of course…so I’ll be the one to go get her.” He definitely did not look like he was starting to relax.

“Come on, dude, seriously. Be smart enough to know that this will not end well today. Everybody’s just way too pissed off at this point. I know what Val said probably hurt, and I’m going to discuss that with her later…but you definitely just need to sit down and relax. Let me and her brothers handle this. We shouldn’t have let her walk out the door in the first place, that’s our fault.” Shads was doing his best to calmly rationalize the situation to a man that just didn’t seem to be feeling very rational at the moment.

“Shads, get the hell out of my way, before I have to piss off one more of my friends this afternoon. This is the last time that I’m going to tell you what I’m going to do. And if you let me go do it now, I might be able to salvage enough time to actually do the show tonight.” Syn definitely didn’t sound like he was backing down. Which was good in a sense…he was going to need to tap into that resolve soon enough, if he ever managed to catch up with my sister.

I looked at my brother than at Shads. “Dude, let’s not have this get worse than it already is…look, why don’t we all go. We’ll need extra hands to hog tie her anyway…and don’t think that Val’s going to give her up without a fight either.” That comment seemed to spark a fire with Shads. He moved out of the way as Syn pushed past him, but we were right behind him.

Inevitably…what we saw as we all rushed out of the holding room, was not anything we were prepared for. And if I had any clue as to how Syn might be feeling at that exact moment, the scene probably ranked right up on the top of his list of worst nightmares…