I Wish I Could Be the One

Rat King

Zacky’s POV…

“Well, dude…how did it go?” Johnny asked as soon as I got within earshot.

“He’s still walking, so it couldn’t have been too bad.” JB answered, without waiting for me to reply to Johnny.

“Yeah, it was ok…aside from her thinking we’re the Rat King and then getting accused of checking her out…I think it went well.” I laughed.

“Were you checking her out?” Syn asked impatiently.

“Come on, Syn…seriously…do you even have to ask? After all, I do come equipped with the Y chromosome.” I was trying to lighten his mood, just a little.

“She thinks we’re rats?” Johnny asked aimlessly.

“No, she thinks we are THE Rat King…all of us, her and Val included…look, never mind Johnny.” Now it was my turn to be impatient.

Johnny just shrugged. “Little Dude, don’t you worry, I will explain it all to you over the beers you are going to buy me tonight.” Jimmy offered, as he eased right into that subject.

“Yeah? You’re all thinking a night on the town tonight huh? I agree, after today…it’s much deserved, but how exactly do you plan on paying for this little fete? Because it sure the hell isn’t going to be with that ugly mug of yours.” Leave it to Shads…to crush all of our hopes of losing ourselves in drunken stupors after the show.

“Actually, Shadly, my boy…tonight’s tab is going to be taken care of thanks to our very smart and very hot, little lady friends.” Jimmy replied confidently as he put an arm around Shads shoulder.

“We’ve hooked up with some rich chicks already? Where the hell are they?” Johnny asked, jumping around, actually expecting to see some rich bitches appear out of nowhere.

“Little Dude, what is it with you today? You are trampling on my last nerve, boy…I was referring to Berry and Benny…OUR girls…you know…curvy brunette, tight blonde…the ones we have already?” Jimmy didn’t seem to think Johnny was catching on.

“Seriously, assholes…just because she’s fucking walking around half naked, do you really have to keep referring to her as the hot, curvy brunette?” Syn…was not a happy guy this afternoon, that’s for sure.

“Actually, it kind of looks like she’s ¾ naked…and if you don’t like what she’s wearing, go try doing something about it…OH WAIT, that’s right…you already tried that didn’t you, buddy…and OH WAIT…what was that…OH OH OH yeah…that’s right…you were…how do you say…DENIED!?” Holy fucking shit, either Jimmy had a death wish today, or he was on some really bad drugs. I couldn’t think of any other reason why that would have just come out of his mouth.

“Fuck you.” Was all Syn said, as he stormed off in the general direction of where our equipment was, maybe now at least we’ll be able to get this show going. None of us dared to guess why Syn didn’t obliterate Jimmy after what he said, but Jimmy must have been reading our minds…

“Dudes…I know what you’re all thinking…but that boy needs a fire lit under his ass, or he’s going to miss that train, if you know what I’m talkin’ about…and the fact that I survived that interaction, just proves that he’s starting to figure that out too. I took a gamble with my life, for the good of those two sweethearts…” Jimmy rambled on dramatically. “And besides, I knew you’d all jump in and save me, if he decided to attack me…so it’s all good. Take comfort in knowing I would have never done that, had we been alone.”

“And how do you know he won’t be waiting to ambush you, once you are alone?” Johnny always had to get his two cents in…

“That’s ONE less beer for you tonight Little Dude, just for thinking of that.”

“What, asshole…who the hell is counting beers all of a sudden?” Johnny whined.

“Keep talking, and your count is going to rapidly decrease.” It actually looked as though Johnny was pouting as Jimmy said this…but…good God, we found something that actually shut Johnny up!