Status: First Priority

I ***ed up Again

You Are What I'm Looking For

"You can go now, Mr. O'Callaghan." A nurse said as she walked through the door. "Please remember to keep your inhaler with you."

"Uh, sure thing." John nodded as he tore himself away from my belly.

"Aw, are you having a little one?" She squealed as she walked over and pressed her hand to my stomach.

"Um, yeah." I blushed as I tucked some hair behind my ear.

"Congratulations! Do you know what you're having?" She asked.

"Not yet." I replied.

"Well, I wish you good luck. I've got two at home and they'll be the death of me." She smiled as she left the room.

"We need to go back to your place and talk." John stated as he snapped back to reality.

"Are you sure about this?" I questioned, while subconsciously placing my hand on my baby bump.

"I'm going to be a father to this kid no matter what, Palmer." He replied sternly as we walked out of the hospital room and down the hall. "And just because I'm the dad doesn't mean you have to date me or anything, because God forbid you do that." He mumbled.

"John, could you please see this from my point of view? People aren't going to go around talking about how you slept with your brother's girlfriend, they're going to talk about how I slept with my boyfriend's brother. People aren't going to say 'John got a girl pregnant', they're going to say 'That girl got pregnant'. They're going to think I'm a whore that moved from one O'Callaghan to the next!" I exclaimed as we walked out of the hospital and into the parking lot.

"Why the fuck do you care what other people will say? What's done is done, so just move on. We had sex, now you're pregnant. It happens. And who are these people you're worried about anyway?" He asked as he threw his hands in the air.

"Your family." I mumbled with my head down.

"My family?" He asked as his angry face fell.

"Yes, because they're the baby's family and I don't want them to resent him or her just because I did something stupid." I told him as I started to get tears in my eyes.

"My family isn't like that, Palmer. I know Josh gives off that impression, but they really don't gossip about other people like that and they really do love you. And my mom is a social worker so she's seen far more fucked up shit." He assured me as he became calm and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"How could they ever respect me after this?" I cried, looking down.

"How could they respect me?" He asked.

I kept my head down and he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Everything will be fine, I promise. We just need to figure some things out, sweet pea." He whispered into my ear as he kept his arms around me.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked softly as I pulled away.

"Mad at you for what?" He asked, confused.

"For not having a condom or for not getting an abor-"

"Don't even think that, Palmer. This happened for a reason and it's going to be okay. Just trust me, darling." He murmured.

"I trust you." I said reluctantly as I bit my lip.

"I'll take care of you and you." He smiled as he looked down at my stomach.

"I'm glad you're the father." I whispered, not realizing what I said until I'd already said it.

"I'm glad you're the mother." He returned before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Not knowing what else to say, I got in the car and started to drive us back to where John's car was and we agreed to meet at my apartment.

In a way, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. My baby has a loving father and I've got a friend at the very least. I've got another person to depend on and just be with.

I got to my place and walked up the stairs before unlocking the door and walking inside. I threw my keys on the counter and set my purse down before sitting down.

About a minute later he walked in, giving me a smile and taking a seat on the couch next to me.

"So, I think we should maybe live together while you're pregnant. I don't want to miss something when I'm not around." He started.

"Do you want to move in, then?" I asked.

"Only if you want me to. I'm not forcing you or anything." He told me.

"No, it'd be nice to have some company." I said, smiling slightly.

"Good. I'm- I'm really excited about this, actually. And I'm going to help with the rent and everything and make sure you're fine after it's born too." He rambled.

"Thanks John, but it's okay. I inherited some money, so I've got enough saved up." I admitted.

"I'll do anything I can, Palmer. I already love this kid so much." He told me sincerely.

"Me too. I didn't think it was possible, but I love it more than anything." I agreed, looking down at my belly.

When I looked back up I saw John gazing at me in a strange way.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Nothing." He smiled.

"I could go for a snack, do you want something?" I asked.

"No, I'm good." He said.

"Okay." I said, as I got up and grabbed the last granola bar.

Once I sat back down we started talking about how my pregnancy had been going and my new job.

"It's kind of stressful, but I like it- ooh!" I cringed.

"What's wrong?" He asked with wide eyes.

"My back just gets sore sometimes." I sighed.

"Turn around." He ordered.

"What?" I laughed.

"Turn around, I'm gonna give you a back rub." He told me.

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "Nobody has ever done that for me before."

"Well get used to it sweetheart." He grinned.

I turned around and felt John's hands go to work gently on my back. He rubbed up and down softly, but firmly. I moaned at his touch and relaxed instantly.

I laid down and let him keep working at my knots until I drifted off to sleep.

"Love you, Palmer." John whispered before carrying me to my bed and covering me up.

"I love you, too." I whispered once he shut the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm back with the worst update ever. Sorry

Thanks for all the comments last time!

Please comment and subscribe!!

Thanks for reading!!