Status: finished :)

And the Room Goes Quiet

chapter 5

A few months later.

It was now November and I was at uni. I had decided to go to Kingston uni because it wasn’t to far away. Hana was at Kingston collage taking an art course, Callie had been spotted by a modelling agency in July and was off doing shoots; GeeGee had been offered a job as manager in urban outfitters on Oxford Street and Hollie was at uni with me, us both taking English literature.

Together, I, Hollie and Hana bought rented a flat in Kingston, while GeeGee and Callie lived more in central London, but we were never far apart.

The boys were ether in the studio or on tour. It was hard for all of us, but me and Dan had only just got together and it was like I never saw him. We spoke every morning on the phone but it wasn’t the same as having him with me. I missed him so much. I cried myself to sleep most nights, and the girls could see it was having an effect on me. What I didn’t understand was why it was just me? Sure Hollie missed matt like crazy, and Hana never stopped thinking about josh, but they weren’t severely depressed.

Soon enough I was starting to fail, but the worst part was, I didn’t even care. Some days I didn’t bother going in and no one noticed, but one day Hollie came home early. I was Laing across the sofa sobbing my heart out into a pillow. My ears were ringing, my heart thudding so I didn’t hear her come in.

“Daisy?” I looked up at her sound of her voice. She dropped her things and run straight over to me, and pulling me into a hug. We dint say anything for a while, I think she knew what was going on. She just held me while I cried and waited until I was ready. I stopped, sat up and rested my head on her shoulder.

“Im sorry” I whispered.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. I know there’s something up, we all do. You might feel better if you talk about it.” She spoke warmly and encouragingly, I couldn’t help but open up. I told her about missing Dan, and missing lessons, and just how I felt, but how everyone else seemed to be coping.

Hollie assured me she missed matt lots, but everyone feels things differently, and some cope with things better.

She got up and went into the kitchen to get me a tissue and some water. “Ive got something to tell you that might cheer you up?” she asked when she sat back down again. I nodded while I was drinking and wiping my face. “Dan called me a few hours ago, he’s worried about you”

I looked down, “and how is this gonna cheer me up?” I asked. Hollie laughed and put her arm around me.

“He also told me how proud of you he was, and how much he misses you. You wanna make him proud of you don’t you?” I nodded in response, not trusting my voice. “Then we’re gonna make him proud, and we’re gonna start by going to lessons. And im gonna help you babe, you’re not in this alone, deal?”

“Deal” I smiled up at her. It was nice confiding in someone who wasn’t Hana for once. “Can you not tell anyone about this?”

“Pinkie promise” and she held up her pinkie to which I looped mine around. And with that the door opened and there was a crash. We both shot up to see Hana collapsed on the floor, canvases and brushes sprawled around her.

“Help” she whispered and we pulled her from the wreckage.

The next morning Hollie woke me up and we went to uni together. I still missed Dan but I told myself that I had my own life to live. I couldn’t be with him every sec nod every day. I was gonna make something of myself and make my boy proud.

There were still days where I didn’t want to get up, but I promised Hollie to tell her when I was having a “bad” day, and we would go and get ice-cream after lessons, or cupcakes, just as a lil pick me up.

It was now the beginning of December. The boys would be home in a few weeks, I just had to make it through them. GeeGee got me a job in urban outfitters and I worked on Saturdays. I think this was another of hollies plans to distract me, but I was grateful. I loved working there and I got paid. What more could you want?

Me and Hana were going home for Christmas, as were the rest of the girls, and so where the guys. It would be nice to have them all close again.

The date was Friday 12th of December; the boys would be home in 5 days. It felt like a lifetime away. Hana texted me saying she was staying behind after class to catch up on some work, and Hollie was out having coffee with a girl from uni, so for now I was alone. My phone vibrated in my pocket and it was a text from GeeGee telling me I dint need to go into work tomorrow and to have the day to myself. I was a bit suspicious of this. Its near Christmas, this is when places are at their most busy, why would she give me the day off? As soon as I thought it the door bell rung. I opened the door and there he was.

Dan was at my door looking more gorgeous than I remembered. I stared at him wide eyed, not knowing what to do while he just stared at me, a slight smile playing at his lips. I jumped on him, wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my face in his neck. He held me with such force I thought I wouldn’t be able to breathe. But I dint care. My Dan was back. I loosened my grip on him and he put be back on the floor. He then pushed my up against the inside of the door and kissed as thought he was making up for lost time. It was urgent and needy and made my head spin. Our bodies were as close as they could possibly be, and his hands roamed around the waistband of my jeans.

In the back of my mind I realised that we were out in the hall way and anyone could walk by and see us, so I turned my body and pushed him inside. Once in, he shut the door and pushed me back up against it, resting his forehead on mine.

“Ive missed you so much” he whispered. It was gravely and sexy and did strange things to my insides.

“Ive missed you too. What are you doing here; you’re not supposed to be back yet”.

“Its called a surprise.” He stood up and pulled me into the living room. “They don’t need me for the last few days, its only press and finishing touches to songs.” We collapsed onto the sofa and he wrapped his arms around my waist. “And the girls have been really worried about you, so have I. So Hana and Hollie are staying with GeeGee and Callie this weekend, and me and you are having the day together tomorrow.” He kissed the end of my nose and rested his head on top of mine”

“Did you tell GeeGee to give me the day off tomorrow?” I looked at him in they eyes. The most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.

“Guilty” he whispered and looked down. I hit him playfully on chest and he pretended like I had hurt him.

“Thanks” I whispered and snuggled down into his chest, content in his arms once more.