Status: First ever story so it'll be slow, please be patient :)

War Torn Love

Meeting.

Telling her parents had been the easy part, they’d asked questions such as ‘what’s his name?’ ‘Is he rich?’ ‘Will he provide for you?’ and of course ‘when will we meet him?’ Lisette had answered all these questions in good grace, telling her parents his name was Nick (she wasn’t stupid enough to tell them Nicholai, they were sure to know the name of the heir to the Vampiric throne) and that yes he was rich and yes he would provide for her and that they could meet him at her engagement shower. She knew her parents were ecstatic that she had actually found someone to marry rather than them having to find someone for her. She was just happy that they hadn’t asked questions about his species; she knew they had presumed he was someone from one of the transforming clans.

Emeric had phoned Nicholai for her, had asked if he would mind coming to Lisette’s joint birthday/engagement party. Of course he had said he would be there, and would bring some friends along as well. By friends, he meant Alice and some inconspicuous guards.

***

Lisette was pacing around the hall slightly, her long blue ball gown making crinkling noises as she did so. Nicholai was late, everyone was already here for the party; were-tigers, were-cheetahs, were-lions, fauns, centaurs. All were here besides Nicholai.

“Relax, he’ll be here, I know he will” Emeric said beside his sister, squeezing her arm lightly.
Just as Emeric had finished speaking, there were murmurs and gasps as people were rushing to look out the windows. Nicholai was heading up the path to the palace; followed by Alice and some other vampires that neither Lisette nor Emeric had seen before. The guards from around the werewolf palace were following them too, a little confused. Lisette had told them a group of people would be arriving and that one of them would look like Nicholai did, but they hadn’t been told that they would be vampires!

“What is he doing?!” Lisette whispered to Emeric, a little shocked with how brashly Nicholai was walking up to the front doors of his enemies; she had expected him to come round the back or something and then she could’ve introduced him to her parents in private, away from staring eyes.
Emeric sighed as he watched. He knew this was going to happen; Nicholai never missed an opportunity to shock people.
“He’s making an entrance so that people will always know who he is” he sighed.

By this point Nicholai had entered the palace, people still too shocked to move or do anything to him. It was fairly amusing for all vampires involved.

“Hello darling” Nicholai smiled as he walked over and kissed Lis softly. It was taking all his effort already not run away and hug Emeric and never let go. This was going to be a tough night.
“Hi” Lisette said warmly, already understanding the act and quickly going along with it, as Nicholai quickly and inconspicuously winked at his real lover.
People around them were shocked to see vampire and werewolf together. Surely this wasn’t happening! But Nicholai wasn’t scared, in the room with him were some of the most skilled fighter from throughout the war…Including himself and Alice.

“Lisette. What is this?!” came the booming voice of Roland, her father as he came striding over.
Nicholai stood his ground, even if his guards did move slightly more into a defensive position behind him.
“Father, this is Nicholai, my fiancé” Lisette said, trying to hold her ground as much as Nicholai seemed to be.
People were staring, in fact, everyone was staring. It was a little unnerving for all involved. Emeric moved a little closer to his sister, trying to support both her and Nicholai, knowing this was going to be difficult.

“Do you know who he is?!” Roland shouted.
“Yes, I know perfectly well thank you” Lisette said, actually a little happy that she was able to thwart he father’s plans for the party.
At this point, Marielle, Lisette’s mother stepped forward and placed her hand on Roland’s arm to stop him from lunging at Nicholai and trying to kill him then and there; although, she didn’t look too thrilled about vampires being in her home either.

Nicholai too felt it was time he said something, rather than allow Roland to yell at Lisette.
“Mr and Mrs DeVeon, I’m Nicholai Black, heir to the Vampiric throne. I love your daughter very much and wish to spend the rest of my life with her. Don’t let species stand in the way of true love” he said, his speech sounding incredibly genuine, and that’s because it was. It was the exact speech he had been planning to say to the royal family one day, except about Emeric, not Lisette.
Marielle paled at Nicholai’s little speech, and Roland seemed to get even angrier at both the vampires and his own daughter.
“Lisette. We need to talk in private” he said through gritted teeth, visibly shaking with rage.
“No Father. We don’t. By all law, I'm within every right to choose whoever I want as my husband and king, and since you have me a date to have it done by, you can't revoke my title nor my right” Lisette said, unable to keep the smug smile off her face a little.

Nicholai took this as his opportunity to taunt the king; he’d been waiting for it all night.
“Don’t worry sire, my parents may kill me before the wedding anyway. You’re taking this much better than they will” he smirked, Pushing his limits greatly.
“If you’d let Lisette marry for love, you wouldn’t be in this mess right now; having to put up with vampires in your blood line for centuries to come” he continued.
At this point Alice sighed, knowing Nicholai was just going to take things a little too far. The guard had tensed up around their royal family, suddenly scared for Nicholai’s safety. Things were about to get awful messy…
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so I apolgise if this sucks, it was half written on a train >_<.

So yeah! Nicky has now met Lis' parents :3

Also, thought you might like to know (and for those who asked), my exam went well, I remembered all the law dates and everything 8D. And Chris (my boyfriend) says hi to you guys. He loves you guys a lot because with you guys reading my story, it means I'm not forcing him to read it, and my story really squicks him XD.

Love you guys! <3