Status: First ever story so it'll be slow, please be patient :)

War Torn Love

Father.

Nicholai was pacing up and down on the grass, Alice and a couple of guards stood beside him. He had never been so nervous in his entire life. So much could go wrong; they could all be dead before dawn.

The four vampires were stood on the boundary of Vampiric and neutral territory, waiting for the werewolves to arrive. They didn’t have to wait long, soon the Prince and Princess of the werewolf court arrived at the boundary with four guards of their own; well, three if you didn’t include Emeric who was under the façade of a guard for the evening. One of the other guards with them was Greg, who was still currently courting Alice.

Nicholai relaxed slightly as the people arrived. He moved and kissed Lisette’s cheek lightly and nodded at Emeric, having to keep up appearances for now.
“Is everyone clear on the rules I set out?” Nicholai said, talking to everyone there.
Everyone nodded in affirmation; he had spoken to everyone separately apart from the guards, whose role in this was the same. Nicholai knew how dangerous his father could be so had thought it best to warn everyone beforehand.

Once Nicholai was certain everyone knew their role in this, he nodded and took Lisette’s hand as the two Vampiric guards led the way back through their territory to the palace. Alice stood behind Lisette and Nicholai, next to Emeric and the other three guards fell into line to protect the four royals.

The guards had soon led them to the throne room; a large room slightly separate from the rest of the palace. At the end furthers from the door were several thrones – presumably one for each of the close royal relatives- where currently the King and Queen were seated. In front of the thrones were rows and rows of benches where other vampires sat. These were the Vampiric council, and if the King was unsure of what decision to make, he would ask these men their opinions. The King knew he had a meeting with his son today, so knew it must be important, hence why the entirety of his council was seated before him.

Peter, the Vampiric King was looking incredibly old for his age. At 675, Peter had spent his entire life devoted to the war, and when his father had finally been killed in battle, he had taken over the throne and the war itself. Battling all the time did not leave you at your prettiest. His once black locks had turned grey due to stress, and looked like his was nearing his 70’s…still very young for his actual age, but in terms of Vampiric aging, he wasn’t doing well.

Nicholai confidently walked into the hall, followed by the entourage. He bowed low before standing, his face, for once, serious. There was no sign of his mischievous glint now.
“Father” he nodded politely.
“Nicholai” the King replied in a similar manner “To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence”.
“Father I am engaged, I have brought my fiancé for you to meet”

Peter’s eyes lit up slightly then, wanting to meet the Vampiress that would one day be the queen of this kingdom. Nicholai took the signal, and moved forward with Lisette, tense to say the least. This was where is could all go wrong…
“Father, this is my fiancé, Lisette” Nicholai said softly.

Peter’s expression quickly changed when he spotted the woman to whom Nicholai appeared to be betrothed.
“Lisette DeVeon?”
“Y-yes” Lisette said, unable to help her stutter.
“Lisette DeVeon, heir to the werewolf throne?!” Peter snarled.
Things moved quickly from there; in a split second, Nicholai threw Lisette back against Emeric quite hard, throwing them both into a wall where two of the werewolf guards moved to protect their own royals. Peter had leapt from his throne to attack Lisette, but Nicholai had moved into the way, feral snarls escaping both King and Prince as the snapping of fangs was added to the noise.

Alice had moved quickly to her mother’s side, where Anna was now on her feet, ready to separate her son and husband if needs be. She had never seen them fight before, and it was truly a terrifying sight to behold.

Nicholai had Peter pinned against the wall furthest from Emeric and Lisette, both vampires glaring at each other with venomous stares.
“I challenge the throne” Nicholai said in a clear voice that rung through the hall, making everyone fall silent.
Anna let out a scream at her son’s words, Alice going pale as she shouted “No!” at her brother.

“Challenge accepted. I’ll see you at dusk” Peter glowered at his heir to the throne.

“W-what does that mean? He challenges the throne?” Emeric whimpered from where he lay on the floor.
“It means he’s going to fight Peter to the death for his place as King” one of the Vampiric guards whispered in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun!

Okay so whoot! Drama! 8D

Aren't you guys lucky, you get three chapters in one day! I did the one shot for Alice and Greg; incase the link I attempt to put on here doesnt work, it's called One Shots for War Torn Love :3 Subscribe to that one as well and you'll get all the little extra nuggets you want :)

One Shots to go with War Torn Love