Status: First ever story so it'll be slow, please be patient :)

War Torn Love

Miracles.

Nicholai calmly walked out of the throne room the way he had come in. Anna had gone in the other direction to follow her husband through the back entrance.
“Not a word Alice” Nicholai growled as he felt his twin’s eyes boring into the back of his head.
Alice glowered at her brother but kept quiet, she knew better than to speak against his wishes right now. Emeric, Lisette, Greg and the guards followed them upstairs to Nicholai’s room; most of the ‘guards’ waited outside, apart from Greg, who entered to support Alice.

Nicholai sat down on his bed, his head in one hand as he waved the other at Alice, waiting for Alice’s tirade.
“What in the name of Mormo, Empusa and Lamia where you thinking Nicholai?! You’ve challenged Father to a battle! To the death! Did you ever stop to think what’s going to happen?! Mama and I are going to be heartbroken whichever one of you dies, and what if it’s you?! Father will never bring back-“ Alice had been shouting at her brother in Vampiric, but stopped midsentence, causing Nicholai to look up.
“What?” he asked, lifting his head and staring at her.
“I’ll be back, give me twenty minutes” she said and dashed from the room, Greg moving to follow her.

Nicholai sighed and shook his head at his sister, putting his head back into hands as Emeric moved to sit beside him, whimpering slightly with fear. Why hadn’t Nicholai told him this?! He would have never let him go through with his backup plan if he’d know that’s what it would be!

He lifted his head again, this time pulling Emeric onto his lap, soothing his softly. He hated that his love was so upset, and it was his entire fault! He rubbed Emeric’s back in soothing circles, sighing softly.

Lisette had been about to excuse herself to help Alice in whatever she was doing, and so she could give Emeric and Nicholai some time alone together, when Anna walked in.
“Mama-“ Nicholai started, only to be stopped by the look on Anna’s face.
“Nicholai James Matthew Black do you have any idea what is going to happen?!” Anna hissed in Vampiric.
Unlike with Alice, Nicholai actually shrunk away from his mother, terrified and ashamed of himself
“What if I lose you?” Anna said finally, tears rolling down her cheeks. She wasn’t really worried about losing her husband, sure, she loved him, but not like she used to, and she knew better than anyone how poisonous he was being to their people. Nicholai on the other hand….
“Mama, you won’t lose me, I promise. I love you” Nicholai whispered, tears quickly falling.
“I love you too sweetheart” she smiled, moving to kiss her son’s forehead, even with Emeric still on his lap.
Neither Emeric nor Lisette could understand a word the two were saying, but could gather well enough that it was a touching scene between mother and son.

Anna sighed, tears rolling down her face as she spoke in English to her son once again.
“You will face your father at dusk. No weapons, just each of you using all your skills. Don’t underestimate your father, he may be getting old, but he’s still unusually fast for a vampire; just like you and Alice. Everything you’ve ever learnt, he has taught you. Don’t forget that okay? You will meet in the fighting arena at dusk” she said quietly.
Nicholai nodded to show he understood his mother, holding his lover a little closer.

“Lisette, maybe you’d like to come spend some time in my library with me? I’d like to get to know you a little better, and I think these two would like some time alone” Anna smiled weakly.
The werewolf princess nodded, following Anna out of the room, leaving Emeric and Nicholai alone.

“You stupid, stupid bastard!” Emeric soon shouted at Nicholai, hitting him in the chest. It was nowhere near hard enough to hurt Nicholai, but it made his heart break.
“What if you die?! What will I do without you?! I can’t live without you!” Emeric sobbed, soon unable to hit Nicholai anymore, just sobbing into his chest.

“Shhhh, shhhh” Nicholai soothed, stroking Emeric’s hair, wanting to calm his love down, he hated seeing him like this.
It took Nicholai completely by surprise when Emeric lunged at him, their lips locking in a desperately passionate kiss. Nicholai didn’t stop it, he knew that when he really thought about it, this could actually be the last time he saw his Emeric, and he really didn’t want to ever think about that.

Soon the two males were no longer crying, but desperately trying to be part of one another, not wanting to lose one another just yet. Neither was ready to be separated, it would hurt too much to even think about it. They were a whirlwind of sloppy kisses and close body contact. This wasn’t about getting off, it was about being one.

Nicholai managed to slow things down, wanting things to last between them, wanting things to last as long as possible. No teasing today, no spoken words, just closeness and the willing to give themselves to one another.

Shirts were slowly shed, along with trousers and underwear as their bodies continued to grind against one another. The both groaned softly to one another, kisses being placed on neck, lips, ears, chests, any part of skin that could be reached. Nicholai resisted the urge to bit his love, knowing the venom in his system after his fight with his father, would be enough to kill Emeric right now if he bit him.

After preparing his love gently, Nicholai slowly pushed into him, groaning softly as he rolled his hips against his lover, slowly moving closer and closer to Emeric’s prostate. The younger male beneath him cried out softly at the pressure on that bundle of nerves, his finger nails scratching down Nicholai’s back.

Neither of them really lasted that long, releasing their love for one another at the same time in a mix of profanities and moans of one another’s names. Both panting, they lay together, bodies still entwined as silent tears fell between them for their possibly diminishing love.

***

The two males had been laid in bed for about ten minutes, boxers back on and snuggled under the covers when Alice ran into the room.
“I’ve solved it!” she grinned.
“What?” Nicholai said, giving his twin a groggy and confused look.

Alice placed a large heavy book down on the table, on the front in Vampiric it said “Laws of the Vampires”. She flicked to the right page and read aloud.
“If anyone so chooses to challenge the throne, both sides are entitled to have their entire family present. If the families are already present, then the challenge will commence at the next dusk, if not, each vampire has the right to call upon close family members to be present. Once said family members are there, the vampires have four weeks in which to train and prepare for the battle”

Nicholai stared at Alice and leapt out of bed, spinning his sister around and kissing her.
“You’re a genius!” he laughed loudly “Have you told Mama?”
“Yes, and I’ve rang him, he’ll be here tomorrow evening” Alice grinned.
“You are truly brilliant!”
Emeric stared at the two, confused.
“I’m sorry, but who have you phoned?” the werewolf prince asked timidly.
Nicholai stopped and took a deep breath before telling Emeric the truth.
“Alice has called out older brother. Malachi will finally be coming back to the palace”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right. Let me just tell you how freaking happy I was that I worked out how to put italics in. I WAS SO HAPPY! 8D. Everything said in italics is spoken in Vampiric, so yeah ^_^.

I love this part in my story, so much is going on, I just love it! Tell me what you guys think, and how you think things are gunna turn out. I've thoroughly spoilt you all today, three chapters AND a one shot! With all my coursework going on, I thought I'd give you all this to mull over :3

And I know I've already dedicated a chapter to her, but Angy_Kaulitz, this chapter is for you. You're the only one who comments on my chapters every time, makes me really happy <3

Not that you other guys dont make me happy, but if I know who you others are, then I can dedicate a chapter to you!

So how many of you figured out about the other sibling huh? I was dropping hints in the last chapter ;D

love you guys!

xxxLaura

ps. Mormo, Empusa and Lamia are vampiric gods. Type in Vampire Folklore on Wiki ^_^