Status: First ever story so it'll be slow, please be patient :)

War Torn Love

Busted.

“Sorry for arranging to meet at night, but, I wanted to see you without falling asleep every five minutes” Nicholai whispered to Emeric.

The two men had moved away from the closet door now, and were seated on the largest of three sofas in front of the fireplace. Cheesy didn’t cover their romance. Nicholai couldn’t help staring at his love. To him, he was perfect. Everything about him was beautiful; his hazel eyes, his tanned skin, the athletic build of his body, his strawberry blonde hair that seemed to fall just perfectly in his face. But most of all, he loved how this all made Emeric look slightly wolfish. Well, that made sense seeing as Emeric was a werewolf.

“It’s okay, I understand… It was just a little hard getting past your guards this time; they really are on the prowl at night aren’t they?” Emeric answered.
It was then, that Nicholai noticed the scratch on Emeric’s face. Although he had been sat fairly close to him, he was now all but sat in his lap, checking him over to see if he was hurt badly, asking him questions about his health at top speed, like a mother hen clucking over her chick.

“Woah, woah, woah!” Emeric laughed, bringing his hand up to Nicholai’s mouth, giggling. “It’s just a scratch, I got it by darting into the bushes to avoid the guard, nobody got hurt, it’ll heal in no time I promise, okay?” he smiled.
Nicholai pouted like a petulant child when Emeric removed his hand, but nodded all the same, making Emeric giggle some more. He found Nicholai even more adorable when he went into doctor mode and fussed over him. He’d had a cold once, and Nicholai had snuck over to the Wolven Palace and had stayed with him for over a week until he was healthy again. Luckily, his parents hadn’t noticed a vampire in his room, but then again, with his elder sister reaching the age of maturity, and the age she would become Queen, his parents had a lot more to focus on right now.

Emeric pushed Nicholai off of his lap, making the vampire’s pout grow, until Emeric resettled himself on the other’s lap. Nicholai grinned, pulling Emeric close, nuzzling against the crook of his neck before picking up a strawberry for the pot and feeding it to him. Yeah, Cheesy definitely wasn’t a strong enough word to cover these two.

“So what’s today’s plan?” Emeric asked once he’d swallowed the strawberry, carding his fingers through Nicholai’s long black hair.
“Well, I was thinking we’ll watch a movie here, eat these strawberries, watch a film and then maybe go on to that new club in town that you were talking about the other night in the neutral territory”.
Neutral territory was anywhere that humans live in big enough groups. With so many different species living in a fairly small area, all species tried to stay away from human lands if they were too conspicuous to blend in, but luckily both werewolves and vampires looked just like every other human walking on the planet.

“Okay, that sounds good” Emeric nodded “But to be honest, I would have thought you’d have another agenda for out five year annivers-“
Emeric suddenly gasped as Nicholai began kissing his neck, fangs scrapping teasingly down his lover’s neck. Yeah, the vampire had other plans while watching the movie. Just as Emeric had turned to kiss Nicholai properly, the door flew open and in entered a fiery haired woman. She looked just like Nicholai, except shorter and more feminine. It was clear they were related though.
“Nicky I’m gunna borrow your hairdryer, mine has broken” the woman said as she picked up the item off the floor by Nicholai’s bed.
She turned around and caught sight of the two men of the sofa, both frozen like deer caught in headlights, staring at her as though she had just caught them doing much more than they had been.
“Oh, I’m sorry” she said blushing slightly “Nicky I didn’t know you had….company” she said, unable to keep the smirk out of her voice.
“I’m Alice, Nicky’s twin. I’m sure he’s told you nothing about me, because I’ve heard nothing about you” her eyes now flashing at her brother. Oh great, this wasn’t going to end well.
“Just try and keep things down, it’s a thin wall and I’m in the next room” she giggled before taking the hair dryer and leaving the room, shutting the door after her.

The two men continued to sit there, stunned for a moment before regaining composure and sitting back on the sofa. Great, their secret love affair wasn’t going to be secret for much longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, hope you didn't all think I was gunna rush into sex there xD. I just wanted to be slightly evil to my characters muahahaha.

First of all, I know I've started this story in an odd place for a lot of you, but this story has been a long time in the making, and this is the place I started when I started writing, so I thought I'd start there for you guys, and add in prequels and the like when I feel the time is ready. :)

I'd also like to dedicate this chapter to my friend Julie. She and I started writing this together and she gave me the permission to share it with all you people here on Mibba. I hope you like it :)

Final note I promise. I'm not particularly awesome with story structure, especially when it comes to putting in speech, so bare with me if it looks a bit off, I'm trying to learn how it's meant to look!