Status: First ever story so it'll be slow, please be patient :)

War Torn Love

Talk.

“So, that was your sister huh? She seemed….Nice” Emeric finally said, trying to break the sudden awkward and tense feeling in the room.
Emeric was of course lying. Nice was not a word that instantly came to mind when he thought of the woman he’s just met. The word terrifying came to mind though. What if she told people about their secret? What if his father and Nicholai’s father found out? Nicholai wouldn’t be allowed to be king; they would both probably be banished by their families, or worse, killed. His sister’s life would be ruined and-

“Okay Emmy. Stop. Now” Nicholai said, placing his arms soothingly around his boyfriend, trying to calm him.
“But I didn’t say anything!”
Oh. Right. Yeah. The mind reading thing.
“I’m sorry my sister just walked in here and interrupted us like that but I promise, she won’t tell anyone. I know my twin better than anyone alright. Just like I know she’s stood right outside the door waiting for me to invite her in to meet you properly”.
Nicholai had stated this last bit loud enough that his sister could hear him. She peeked her head around the door, grinning sheepishly.
“Well? Can I come back in now?” she asked.
Nicholai rolled his eyes and nodded as she came back into the room, sitting on one of the other sofas.
“Like I said, I’m Alice” she smiled brightly.
“Erm, Emeric” he replied, looking slightly nervous.
“There’s no need to look so scared of me. I’m not gunna bite you, that’s Nicky’s job”
Nicholai glared at Alice, throwing a cushion at her, missing as she quickly moved to the other end of the sofa, glaring back at him.
“I was only kidding” she muttered under her breath.

Emeric watched Nicholai and Alice, and finally began to relax; it was nice to see the bond between them, much like the one between himself and his own sister, Lisette. He liked that they seemed close even if they were bickering.
“So how come you’re here in the middle of the night Emeric? It’s highly dangerous in these sorts of times” Alice said, suddenly turning quite serious.
“Well, it’s our five year anniversary today, and seeing as I’m the more cautious of the two of us, I decided I’d come see Nicky” Emeric smiled.
“I can definitely see that, Nicky would just walk straight up to your palace and announce he was the heir to the Vampiric throne!”
Emeric laughed and nodded “That was my exact fear! So I said I’d come down here, then at least I’d know the chance of anyone being hurt would be minimal”
Nicholai huffed and pouted as he watched his sister and lover getting on so well.
“I am sat right here you know!”
“Yes we know Nicholai but we’re talking about you not to you” Alice smirked, rolling her eyes and making Emeric giggle.
“So wow, five years! You two managed to hide that one really well!”
Emeric blushed and nodded. He hated that they had to hide things like this from family members they were so close to, but drastic times called for drastic measures, and they didn’t want anyone to spill their secret. Maybe now that Alice knew, Emeric could tell Lisette…

“So what have you two got planned for this evening?” she asked.
Both Alice and Emeric looked over to Nicholai expectantly, was it that obvious that Nicholai was the one who planned everything?
“Well we were gunna watch a movie here, then maybe get dinner, then I was thinking of taking Emeric to that new club in neutral territory”
“Which new club in neutral territory?” Alice asked, her interest clearly growing.
“Rendezvous”
“Wait? Isn’t that the new oxygen bar?!”
Nicholai sighed and nodded, he knew exactly where this was going and he was pretty damn sure he wasn’t going to like it much at all.
“Right well don’t forget to grab me before you leave for the club! I wanna come too!”
He had been about to open his mouth to protest when Emeric spoke up instead.
“Alright, we will do” he smiled.
With that, Alice got up and left the room again, feeling sufficiently happy that Emeric was indeed okay for her brother.

Once she was gone, Nicholai got up and made sure his door was locked; they were lucky it was only Alice that had come in and not Mama, or even worse, Father.
“Are you sure you want her to come with us, I mean it’s our anniversary and Alice can be, a little over bearing at times” Nicholai said softly as he moved back to the sofa.
“Yeah, its fine, I mean she’s your sister, and I’d quite like to get to meet her seeing as she now knows about us” Emeric grinned
“You’re perfect you know that? I love you”
“I love you too, and besides, I’m sure we can lose her in the club at some point”
Nicholai grinned and kissed Emeric gently for a moment.
“I’ll go grab food then, you just stay right here” he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I know I'm publishing quite fast at the moment, but I do apologise if I begin to slow, I;ve got a lot on at the moment with exams, work and broken ribs >_<.

I promised myself I wouldn't be one of those authors who hounds for comments, but comments are good for me because with this being my first story, I'd love people to tell me where they think I'm going wrong, or in fact, where they think I'm going right :)

So please tell me what you think <3