Status: First ever story so it'll be slow, please be patient :)

War Torn Love

Sleep.

It had been two weeks since Nicholai and Emeric had been clubbing with Alice. Two long, boring weeks since Nicholai had even seen Emeric. It was beginning to drive him insane. He hated the long gaps without as much as a cuddle with his boyfriend.

There was however their mobile phones. Nicholai whole heartedly believed that the mobile phone was the greatest invention in his 116 years of life….Well, 117 years of life as of tomorrow night. Yes, tomorrow night Alice and Nicholai would turn 117, and there would be a large ball in their honour, with guests from all the vampires’ allied species turning up. Nicholai hated that he couldn’t spend the night with his love, but a night of alcohol and dancing may be able to cheer him up just a tad.

He looked around as he heard his phone bleep, smiling as he saw Emeric’s name appear.
“Only twelve hours to your birthday baby! I know it’s the middle of the day, but I also know you’re awake. Go to sleep so you’re well rested when you wake tomorrow. I wish I could be there, but we know it’s not feasible. I’ll try and sneak away soon to see you. Now go to bed! I love you. Emmy xxxx”
His smile grew as he read the text. He’d hopefully get to see Emeric again soon. That was always reason to smile. Maybe he’d be able to get through this birthday party after all. Sure there would be people there that he didn’t want there, and many people he did want there that wouldn’t be. But he’d stick with Alice and make friends with other species. Maybe it’d be a good night after all….
Nicholai replied to Emeric with a quick declaration of love, while adding that he was indeed going to bed now, before moving to his en suite to shower before bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I know this was epically short, but I wanted to give you something tonight for many reasons.

a) I published the last chapter a lot later than I have recently
b) On Wednesday I'm going away for 3 days and I don't know if I'm gunna have time to post chapters seeing as I have an exam >_<
c) Something fairly big is happening in the next chapter, you get to meet another side character to go with Alice :3

So please don't hate me, kay? :3 <3