Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Uno.

The screeching of tires was the only thing that could heard in the dark empty street. Not that anyone would have taken notice of the car if they were on the street anyways. Most would have thought of it to be a vampire driving seeing as the car was black and vampires, Doms mostly, were the only ones to drive black cars. If a human had a car it was never black, grey would be the closest colour to black that they were allowed.

It halted to a stop by a kerb and the door in the back opened and a person was dragged from the seat and dumped on the ground. The door slammed shut and the car drove off back down the street.

Ray Toro and his mate Christa were walking to a restaurant when they passed the person laying on the floor. Because they could smell the human smell from it they stayed way clear of the person, Ray moving Christa further away from the figure. Neither of them batted an eyelid at the figure as they carried on their way to the restaurant.

The person was out cold, wasn't going to be awake for several hours and had already been out cold for around five hours before being dumped on the ground.

When Ray and Christa were finished with their meal, they walked back the same way they came and Christa noticed that the person was still lying in the same place; it hadn't moved an inch. “Ray, this doesn't seem right,” Christa told her mate, her eyes on the person on the floor.

Christa didn't really care much for humans, she was a fertile vampire after all, but she had compassion for everyone sometimes and something didn't feel right when she looked at the figure on the floor. Sure he was human, after all that's what the smell and little pool of blood that was formed by its head showed, but she couldn't help but feel something was wrong with it.

It was a thing about Christa that Ray loved a lot, even though he didn't really care much for humans, he found it was amazing how she can have so much compassion for others. She never batted an eyelid when a human was tortured for some reason, or killed publicly for that matter, however there were times when she did bat an eyelid if a human was ill or something.

Not that she was concerned about their well being, but nine times out of ten everytime she had batted an eyelid about that certain human being ill, there was something extremely wrong with it and without the human being put down, it could have passed onto the vampires.

Vampires have severely strong immune systems, they hardly ever got ill but it was possible, be the vampire a Dom or fertile. But even so, they could always catch certain things from humans but only if the illness or whatever the human had was something extreme and severe within the human itself.

Vampires don't get any of the STIs like humans; they're clean creatures unlike the humans. And all the humans who got STIs never became toys or even slaves in houses which held fertiles in, no, they went and worked in the labour warehouses and mostly were worked to the bone by two years. And if they weren't worked to the bone within them years then they had killed themselves before the two years had happened.

“It's just a human baby, nothing's ever right about them,” Ray told his mate, pulling her closer to him. Christa shook her head, not once taking her eyes from the figure.

“No Ray, something doesn't feel right about it. And not just because it's human either,” she told him, slowly getting herself out of his arms. “Take a look please Ray? It just really doesn't feel right.”

Ray nodded, believing her when she said it didn't feel right. All the other times she had been right so who was he to doubt her now?

They walked over to the motionless figure, Ray in front because it was a human scum and they could never be trusted around fertile vampires. When he got to the person he crouched down and noticed the blood. He touched it with the tips of his fingers before lifting up his hand to smell it. Ray furrowed his eyebrows at the smell.

“You're right, something's not right. It's got both human blood and fertile blood in this puddle,” he told his mate. She looked at him with worried eyes before kneeling down next to her mate.

“What does that mean Ray?” when she asked that question Ray just shook his head. “I don't know, I've never heard of something like this before.”

Christa shivered slightly from the wind that was around. How could there be human blood and fertile blood mixed together and coming from a wound? She was interested in medics and even though she wasn't working in the medics' career she still knew an awful lot about vampires and a fair bit about humans as well.

Sometimes when Ray had tortured a toy to the extreme but it was still alive, she'd go and patch it all back up better just so it would live longer for Ray to torture even more.

“What do we do then? We don't know whether it's a human or not,” Ray looked at Christa when she said that. She was right; they didn't know whether it was a human or fertile, it had both sets of blood coming from the wound so they couldn't just leave the person there in case it was a fertile. But then it could also be a human which they wouldn't want to help in a situation like this.

Suddenly Christa remembered something. “Turn it over Ray,” she told her mate. He done as she asked and turned the person onto its front. Christa then touched the piece of cloth that was covering the person's back. Slowly she pulled it down, trying to see what she was looking for.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Christa pulled the piece of cloth down further. “What...” she mumbled as she lightly ran her hand over the broken skin on the person's back. The skin had been almost razored away. She knew what was meant to be in the place where the skin was broken, there was meant to be a mark, much like the one on her back. It was a mark that every fertile vampire was born with.

And this person had one, she could tell, but it had just been razored away. As if someone was trying to cover up the person being a fertile.

But then the human blood didn't add up. Unless the skin was just razored away to make it look like the person was meant to be a fertile but instead it was a human.

“What's wrong?” Ray's voice brought her from her thoughts. Christa shook her head and looked at her mate who was still crouched beside her.

“The skin... it's like someone's taken a razor to it. Almost as if it's to try and cover something up. It feels like it's to cover up the fertile marking but I don't know because of the human blood. What are we going to do Ray? We can't just leave it here, there's a chance it could be a fertile,” she told him in an almost confused away. Because that's what she was, confused.

“But then there's a chance it could be a human, Christa,” Ray reminded her.

They stayed crouched where they were for a few more minutes, both looking down at the person who was confusing them both. In the end Ray stood up and picked the person up, hauling it over his shoulder. He decided that he had to take it to the hospital because there was a chance it could be a fertile and there's no way he'd forgive himself for leaving the person where it was and it dying from the cold, only to be found out to be a fertile.

~

The nurses at the hospital were just as baffled as Ray and Christa were over the person who they brought in. There was no denying the fact that it had human blood running inside its body but then there was also fertile blood running through its body along with the human blood.

The person still hadn't woke up so there was no way that they could get any verbal answers as to whether it was a human or fertile. So the nurses had to rely on the tests that were available for them to use.

It was going to be a long procedure; they had to do lots of tests on the blood, the skin and everything like that in order for them to work out what species it was. However, even if they found an answer to that, they still wouldn't know how the other species' blood got into their system.

Christa had wanted to stay in the hospital to know the results straight away. She had a gut feeling that the person was a fertile but then the smell and the blood indicated that the person was a human. It was seriously confusing her. But as much as she wanted to stay so that she could be the first person, asides from the nurses, to know what the person was, Ray told her they were going home.

He said they could come back after they had slept and everything. This was one time that Christa really didn't want to listen to her mate but she did in the end and went home with him.

She kept reminding herself that it was possible that this person was a human, which would not only make her and Ray feel disgusted for helping it, but also the nurses who are looking after it.

They had just woke up when their front door went. Ray went off to get it whilst Christa went into the fridge and grabbed the blood. She was having chocolate hoops for breakfast. The taste of chocolate and blood mixed together was amazing for her. But then, most fertiles loved chocolate and blood mixed together, majority of fertiles craved it even more when they were pregnant.

Christa knew she wasn't pregnant because she had taken a test two weeks ago when they had a scare. Not that they didn't want to have a child together, because they did, but they didn't right now. And both of them agreed that they didn't want one right now. They had only just finished high school two years ago; they wanted to wait a little longer before settling down and starting to add additions to their family.

It was only Gerard at the door with his mate Frank. Christa had almost forgot that her and Frank were having a 'fertile day' before going camping with a bunch of other fertiles.

Camping was something that almost every fertile loved. It was place for them to just talk to one another, gush about their mates and if any fertile had a kid, a time where they could have a break. Fertiles were ones to look after their kid almost twenty four seven, so sometimes it was good to hand their kid to their mate for the night. If their kid was a Dom then it provided amazing torture-bonding time with their dad. And if their kid was fertile then it provided daddy-fertile bonding time.

“Are you ready 'Rista?” Frank bounced on his feet as he asked, a smile on his face. He absolutely loved fertile days because they were so much fun. Gerard had got almost non-stop excited chatter about it on the drive to Ray's house.

She grinned at the fertile before nodding and having one last spoonful of her breakfast. Ray and Gerard came into the kitchen just as Christa was putting the bowl in the sink. “You two going now?” Both fertiles nodded when Gerard asked that.

Ray went over to Christa and gave her a kiss goodbye. “I'll phone you if the hospital rings me, okay?” She nodded at what he was saying before following Frank out the kitchen and out the house.

The air was warmer than it was last night so there was no need for either of the fertiles to be wearing a jacket but they both were because it was just something they always wore to go out. “What was Ray on about? That he'll phone you if the hospital rings. Why would they ring?” Frank being Frank asked that as soon as they stepped out of the house. He was nosy.

“Last night me and Ray found someone on the street,” Christa sighed. Frank looked at her curiously. “And?”

She sighed again. “And we didn't know whether he was human or fertile. He had both sets of blood – human and fertile.” Frank's eyes were wide by the end of her speaking.

He didn't know anything like that could happen, but evidently it can. “So I checked his back, because we have that fertile mark, right?” Frank nodded. “It looked like someone had taken a razor to his back where the mark should be if he had it. I don't know Frank, I'm almost one hundred percent sure that he's a fertile but that doesn't add up with the smell or blood.” Christa let out a sigh again.

“Woah,” Frank breathed. “That's crazy. Both human and fertile blood? Have they found out whether it's a human or fertile yet?”

Christa shook her head. “No, that's why we're waiting for a ring from the hospital.” Frank nodded. “But lets try and forget about that and have our fertile day, okay?”

Frank's grin mirrored Christa's grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's the deal. I was doing JulNo and my first idea stumped me and I had to find something that I could successfully write 50k or more in one month (this month).
And well, it was why I decided this idea because I had the ending and beginning in my head for a long time. I get that there are loads of these out there, but in case you didn't guess, mine's about Mikey (banner) and I can guarantee you now, this does not end happily. Why? Because I've completed this. It's around 60,000 words long. How many chapters it is, I do not know.