Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Once.

The fertiles all packed up in the morning, talking about how the night before had been really fun and they should do it again next time one of them wanted to have a bit of 'fertile time'. Mikey just stood there, not thinking the same as they were. He didn't even see what was so good with camping.

All it did was remind him of how he's not a proper fertile because he's still got human blood in his system, even if it was the tiniest bit, and make him doubt ever getting a mate of his own.

So instead of returning home in a happy mood like Tristan thought, he returned home in an upset mood and escaped to his room, not even greeting his mum. This made Tristan worried and instead of leaving his son alone like he did almost every other time, he climbed the stairs after him and knocked on his door lightly.

When he got no answer, he opened the door to see his fertile curled up on his bed, a few tears on his face. Worried, Tristan entered the room and made his way over to the bed, sitting on the edge before placing a hand lightly on Mikey's arm. "Mikey, sweetie, what's wrong?" he asked, watching as the fertile looked at him with sad eyes.

"I'm not a normal fertile mom, does that mean I'll never get a mate?" he asked, wiping a few tears away. That sentence had Tristan's heart almost breaking for his son.

This was probably the first time Mikey had ever said anything like this to him, and even though he liked the fact that he could now feel like he could open up like this, it hurt to hear it.

"Oh Mikey, of course you will," Tristan cooed to his son, pulling him in for a hug. "Maybe not yet, but you have a mate out there who'll love you so much that you won't know what's hit you. But it'll be amazing."

Even these words didn't help sooth out the thoughts Mikey was having.

“Why would anyone want a fertile with human traits? They wouldn't,” he told his mum, wiping some tears away. "I'm not like everyone else mom, like all the other fertiles."

Tristan didn't really know what he could say to Mikey. It was breaking his heart hearing all this doubt coming from his son's mouth.

"I-y-... that's what makes you special, Mikey," he tried, wiping his own tears away. It was hurting him as much as it was hurting Mikey, just by him hearing it. "You're not like all the other fertiles with the way you are and it's not your fault, but that's what makes you special."

Mikey just shook his head. "I don't want to be special mom."

There was nothing else Tristan could say to Mikey over the matter, he just couldn't think of anything that would make his son stop hurting like he was. Because he was his mum he could tell that Mikey was hurting a lot over it, even if he didn't admit about how much he was.

After a while Mikey pulled away from his mum, turned on his side so he was facing away from him and closed his eyes. Whether he was trying to go to sleep or whether he just wanted him to leave, Tristan didn't know. But he got up from the bed, looking at his son one more time before making his way out from the room, closing the door behind him.

In a way, Tristan was scared for his son. It seemed that there were severe mental scars that Mikey had from the time he was away from his family. It was also like he couldn't get himself to believe anything that he's been told by any other fertile. It's like how he questioned whether he was even a fertile.

He also couldn't help but sort of blame himself. If he hadn't been shopping with Mikey alone, with no Dom around and Mikey only being small, then this wouldn't have happened. He wouldn't have been beaten by the humans before having the worst thing happen of his baby being taken. And there was nothing he could do because he was on the floor, hurt and in tears.

Tristan had only been downstairs for half an hour when the phone rung. No one rung round often, most of the time vampires would visit in order to tell another something. Furrowing his eyebrows, he picked the phone up and answered. "Hello?"

"Hello is this Tristan Way?" the voice asked, a nice tone to it.

"Yes, this is he. May I ask who this is?" Tristan was a bit more than just confused.

"Oh yes, sorry. This is the hospital's receptionist. Is your son, Mikey, there?" the voice, which Tristan could now recognise was female, asked. This made the fertile even more confused and slightly confused as well. Why would the hospital be calling for Mikey?

"He's asleep at the moment; can I ask what's this about?"

Tristan wouldn't go upstairs and wake Mikey, if he even was asleep, just to talk to the hospital because he knew that could tell him whatever they needed to say. And he thought it would be better for him to know before Mikey at this moment in time. Especially over what just happened.

"Cassadee, the nurse who was looking after him when he was here, asked me to phone and ask him to come up here. A couple found another fertile by the side of the road, everything almost identical to how he was found," when he was told that, Tristan almost gasped in shock and horror.

Another fertile was found? And by what the receptionist has said, the fertile was probably found by the side of the road, unconscious.

"So, can he come up here?" the voice asked, knocking the fertile from his thoughts. He started nodding but then realised that the person wasn't in the room with him. "Yes, he'll be up soon. Thank you for phoning."

The receptionist bid the fertile goodbye before hanging up the phone.

Tristan could hardly believe it. Another fertile was found. He knew how much this was still affecting Mikey right now and yet, he was wanted to go to the hospital for the fertile that was found. Yes, he could understand why Cassadee would want Mikey there, he's been in that whole situation and maybe he could recognise the fertile, but he also didn't want to take Mikey there.

Being around someone who's going to be in the same state Mikey was in when he was found could hurt the fertile even more.

But then, it could help both him and the fertile that was currently at the hospital now.

Tristan put the phone down, ran his hand through his hair and sighed before leaving the room and heading up the stairs, back to Mikey's room.

He didn't knock before opening Mikey's door like he did all the other times, but then again he didn't feel that he should do for this. Really, all Tristan wanted to do was get him and Mikey to the hospital as fast as he could.

Because he remembered that Mikey's best friend Ryan was in the place with him and this fertile now could be him. And if it was Mikey wouldn't be as bad as he is now with avoiding being around people. And Tristan knew that it would be the best for the fertile, if it was Ryan, to be there for him all the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This barely got past the 1000 word mark.