Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Doce.

When they got to the hospital Mikey found Cassadee straight away which made Tristan tag along behind him because he didn't quite know where he was going in the place. It seemed like Mikey had been told something which made him be able to find Cassadee straight away, but he hadn't. He just went to the same room he was in when he was there, and he found her.

"Hey Mikey," she said when she saw the fertile and his mum. "I told you I'd let you know when we found another fertile. Of course, we don't know whether or not he's Ryan but his blood should be able to go through the system in about four hours."

In a way, because Mikey had been in the hospital before, it had made the process improve. Because he was the first person to have to have their blood drained some way, before having blood replacements. So because they knew what to do because of how they done it to him, it wouldn't take almost a day for them to find out who the fertile was, like it did for Mikey.

Mikey nodded at what she told him but didn't bother verbally replying. "Why don't you go in the room? You might recognise him, Mikey," Cassadee told him, which made Mikey just nod again. It wasn't like he was going to say no to Cassadee's face, even though he didn't want to go in the room.

Even if there was a possibility of it being Ryan.

He went over to the door, opened it before stepping in and closing the door behind him. The fertile was sat in the bed, looking around scared. When he heard the door close, his head flew up, eyes widening.

It wasn't Ryan, but Mikey did know this fertile.

He was one of the ones who came in last. The ones who were older than Mikey or the others were when they went there. It was why Mikey knew his name.

The fertile also recognised Mikey. They never really spoke when Mikey was in that place, the fertile could only really ever recall speaking to Mikey once within the years they were there. And because he was one of the last fertiles who came in, he knew Mikey's name.

Because before he was taken, Mikey was all on the vampire news. So was his mum and family. And they had shown a picture of the fertile which was how come he managed to know his name. But he never managed to tell the fertile during the years.

Not even in the one time they had actually managed to speak to each other. It was because they were never kept in the same room. When the last fertiles were brought in, the ones who were older, when they tried telling the other fertiles, the ones who thought of themselves to be experiment humans, that what was happening to them wasn't right the people in charged separated them apart.

It was because they were afraid of the ones who had been there a long time would start believing the newer ones, which could have meant trouble for them. And they didn't want trouble. They wanted to keep the fertiles quiet, obedient and scared.

Which was exactly what they managed to do, with most of them, at least. Some of the ones who knew they were fertiles cracked and became very obedient but most of them didn't.

It resulted in more punishments, more pain for the fertiles and more tears.

"M-mikey... you're not dead?" the fertile asked, shocked. Also, because he was one of the last fertiles taken, he could speak well, not completely well, but well enough to be able to form sentences, even if sometimes they turned out wrongly worded.

Mikey shook his head before sitting at the edge of the bed, his eyes looking at his nails before he looked back up at the fertile who was still almost gawking at him. It made him uncomfortable but not as much as it did if someone else, like Tristan, Frank or Christa, gawked at him. It's because he knew this fertile, because they were in the same place.

So in some sense, Mikey felt closer to this fertile than he did with Frank or Christa, even though he's been around them for some time now.

"They said they killed you," the fertile whispered, still shocked. This made Mikey shocked as well.

"I... I didn't get why they dumped me," Mikey told him, his voice as quiet as the fertiles was. "I thought I had done something wrong. I didn't understand and... and I still don't,” he confessed.

They both sat in silence for short while, neither fertile knew what to say exactly. Even though the other fertile came from the same place Mikey did, he wasn't as scared nor fragile as Mikey was and still is.

Though, he may have played to it when the nurse was in the room. But that was because he did wake up confused, which therefore, made him scared because he wasn't used to waking up like he did.

In a hospital and in an actual bed.

The fertile hadn't slept in a bed for a long time; in the place, the fertiles didn't have beds. They were just in the room and had to sleep on the floor or even up against the walls. It was how Mikey would sleep most times, up against the wall. He never wanted to lay down.

He never thought it seemed safe that way.

But either way wasn't safe because they were surrounded by humans who treated themselves as God in that place.

"What have you told people about it?" The fertile broke the silence which made Mikey look up. When he registered what had actually been said, he shrugged before mumbling: "Nothing."

The fertile in the bed looked at Mikey in an almost shocked way. "You haven't told them anything?!" When the fertile shook his head, the older fertile, the one in the bed, sighed before rubbing his head.

It should have been weird, that he was more confident than the one who had been with his family for a few months, but it wasn't.

"Why didn't you tell them anything, Mikey? I don't get it," the fertile said, mumbling the last few words he spoke.

"At first, I couldn't tell them. I couldn't talk properly, could barely form a short sentence," Mikey began, quietly. "Then, when I could, it felt like everyone wanted to know what happened."

He stopped and bit his lip, shaking his head. No matter how much this life was better than the one he lived when he was controlled by the humans, he still sometimes wished he was back there. To a life he was one hundred percent familiar with, one that didn't have surprises like this one had.

"I just didn't want to tell them," he lamely concluded, deciding on skipping some other details that he really didn't want to say or bring up.

Just when the fertile was about to reply there was a knock at the door before Cassadee stepped into the room, smiling at the two fertiles. This was the first time she was seeing the one in the bed awake, so she kind of expected him to be like Mikey was.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" she asked, coming over to the fertile and checking the IV that they had already connected to him. Although, this one was for the draining. It was much easier to do it this way than it was the way they done it to Mikey.

But then again, first time doing so.

The fertile looked at Mikey before looking at the nurse, "I'm fine, just a little tired and a tad confused, but fine." Cassadee almost recoiled in shock over how different this fertile sounded to Mikey did when she first heard him.

The fertile noticed the nurse's expression, "I wasn't there as long as Mikey was, I was older."

Cassadee looked at Mikey who was just sitting there looking at his hands, still as reclusive and shy as ever. "Okay then. If you were older does that mean you know your name?"

"Sean," the fertile told the nurse. Cassadee nodded at the fertile, giving him a smile, though he didn't really seem one who needed a smile to give them comfort.

Like Mikey did.

"Right, okay then. We've still got to drain the human blood out of you, give you the replacement blood and run it through the Head vampire's system. You're not against drinking the blood, are you?" When she asked that, Sean shook his head quickly. Of course he wasn't against drinking blood; he was a fertile vampire, he loved blood as much as any normal fertile would.

Cassadee nodded and left the room. She was heading to William because not only did she need to tell him how much longer the draining was going to take but also to tell him that not only does the fertile remember his name but he also wasn't there as long as Mikey was, which means that he can actually form sentences right now.

Which meant that they could ask him questions, none that they would think would be too much for the fertile right now, and hopefully, they could get the answers that they wanted from Mikey but didn't get.
♠ ♠ ♠
These are the chapters which were the hardest for me to write. Not because of the content but because I felt I couldn't write any more because it was draining to write so much of the same story in a short amount of time.