Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Trece.

Sean's clan had been notified of him being alive and being in the hospital as soon as his blood went through the system and it gave the doctor his full identity and clan. Even though his mum went through the same horror as Tristan did, she wasn't as traumatised as he was.

She wasn't there when Sean was taken; he was taken from school. He was in fertile school and was outside waiting for his dad to pick him up when he was taken. Which meant no psychological torment over how it was her fault and everything - like Tristan still had going on.

Of course she still cried when she saw him in the bed and cried a bit more when the doctor explained what had happened to him, but not to the extreme that Tristan did. Yes, she was as repulsed by the humans as Tristan was, and still is, but she wasn't as hurt and tortured by it.

Sean's dad was out of town, working in another city as a punisher for the humans there because they were trying to step out of line and the higher up people in that country knew him and instead of going through the notion of calling the higher up punishers in their city, they just went to a friend.

Mikey stayed sitting at the end of the bed, not wanting to move because he didn’t want Sean saying any of the stuff that happened there. He didn't exactly know why he didn't want anyone knowing about it all, they all just wanted to help and understand what they went through.

However, where he thought that staying in the room would stop Sean from saying anything, he thought way too differently to how Sean was thinking because he barely took note of the fact that Mikey was in the room for that reason.

And when William and Cassadee started to question him, he answered the same way he would have done if Mikey wasn't in the room.

"We know it might be hard but how was the time you were there with the humans Sean?" William asked, seeing the fertile shrug. He wasn't a shy one like Mikey is, the doctor noted. And he could talk as much as he wanted and didn't ever really sound like he regretted his words, like Mikey does almost every other sentence.

"They kept us separated," Sean started, "Older - us - ones, all together and younger - them - ones all together. They didn't like the fact we knew it was wrong. The younger ones didn't because that's all they could remember in their life which made them think it was how it should."

Mikey was almost shaking his head from where he was sitting. He didn't want Sean to go any further into describing what had happened. It should be a private experience to Sean, not one that you talked about to anyone, like he was now.

Even though doctors and nurses, in the vampire race, were some of the most trustworthy vampires ever.

"I'm not quite sure what they done to the younger ones, but some got...," he paused a minute, seeing Mikey's face at him. Mikey really didn't want him to admit that the fertiles got beaten, that some got broken bones and everything like that from the humans.

Not only would they then question Mikey as to whether that happened to him, but once they found out it did, and he meant they as in Tristan and his clan, then he probably wouldn't hear the end of how much they wanted to get the human scum who done it to him and how much Tristan blamed himself for his horrible time.

And if Mikey was to be frank (even though he wasn't anywhere near confident enough to tell anyone this) he was almost sick of how people just didn't want to leave him alone. And how they didn't really get that he didn't want to tell them what happened there.

"What? Some of the younger ones got what, Sean?" William asked, his eyes flicking from one fertile to the other. He could sense that whatever he was going to say was something to do with Mikey because judging from the expression the fertile was wearing, he didn't want Sean to say anything about it.

Shaking his head, Sean let out a muttered, "Nothing."

Mikey almost let out a sigh of relief at that fact, but he didn't because he didn't really want to let it known that Sean wasn't saying something just for Mikey. And he also didn't want them to know that he was hiding something that had happened to him away from them and that he didn't want the other fertile to tell anyone about it.

A knock at the door interrupted the silence. Tristan poked his head in. "Mikey, we have to go now."

Mikey nodded before slowly getting off the bed and going over to the door. Tristan smiled at him before saying goodbye to William, Cassadee and Sean. Both fertiles left the hospital quickly, Mikey following behind his mum.

Now that Mikey was gone, Sean did want to tell them what he was going to tell them before but then he'd feel like he went against what Mikey had asked him. Even though the fertile never actually verbally said he didn't want him to tell the others what went on.

It was almost as if William was thinking the same as Sean, because after a few minutes had passed, he asked him a question. "You stopped what you were going to say because of Mikey, didn't you?"

Sean nodded at his words. "So was it because Mikey didn't want you to tell us what you were going to say?" Once again, Sean nodded at the doctor's words. "Would you tell us now that he's gone or are you not going to tell us?"

The fertile hesitated for a minute. He was going to do for the bit where he was going to tell them now that Mikey was gone but he thought of the place again and he could almost see why Mikey didn't want them to know what happened through some of their time there.

"No, I'm not going to tell you. If anything, I've forgot what I was going to say." The lie was so clear within his words but the doctor and nurse knew it was intentional. And so did the fertile.

In a way, the fact that Sean wouldn't tell them what had happened, and that Mikey didn't want Sean to tell them, it told them that it was something horrible.

It must be something really horrible for the fertiles not wanting to tell them. Mikey was just like that though, he didn't really want to tell them anything, but Sean seemed one who didn't really care and would tell them what they wanted to know. Because he was confident and Mikey wasn't.

But William and Cassadee guessed that it was probably worse then they had originally guessed otherwise the fertile in front of them, in the bed, wouldn't be covering for the fertile that just left.

"Sean," Cassadee started. She was going to try and coax it out of him. Even she knew it was literally impossible to coax anything out of Mikey, he kept his mouth shut tightly when he didn't want to tell them something, she couldn't help but try to coax it out of Sean. "We only want to help and in order for us to help we need a better understanding of what happened to you both."

Sean shook his head; he knew what she was trying to do. He wasn't stupid like they maybe thought he was. He had education before and he could understand what the humans said more than Mikey could. "No, that won't help. I'm sorry, I'm not telling you. No matter what you say, I'm not telling you anything."

It was like him and Mikey had a bond or something. But no, it wasn't really that they had a bond, it was more of the fact that they were both there together therefore they both had the pain and humiliation. And in turn, that gave them something that brought them... closer, per say.

Cassadee tried coaxing him again but he still refused to say anything about it. And in the end he just turned on his side, away from the doctor and her, and pretended he was sleeping.

In all, it was taking all that Sean had not to tell them what happened. He wanted to, he knew it would be the right thing to do, but also he didn't believe that telling them would help a single bit, not with him and most definitely not with Mikey.

Because he wasn't there as long as Mikey was, he didn't have as much human blood injected into his system, which meant that it didn't have enough to be able to weave its way into his mind. So because of that, he wouldn't have any human traits like Mikey did.

Well, Sean didn't really know that Mikey had human traits in the first place but because they were from the same place, meaning his clan and Mikey's clan would think that they were both traumatised the same way, it was an almost guarantee that they would both be hanging around together almost all the time.

It was exactly what Tristan had spoke to Sean's mum about.

Sean's mum was a fertile called Brie. And her and her mate were just like any other vampiric couple; in love and settled in with their life, her submissive and him dominating.

Afterall, that was how it was expected to be with every vampire mated couple out there.

Brie and Tristan agreed that it would be best for their fertile sons if they spent time together often; it'd help with them healing was what they thought. It was what Tristan hoped would happen with Mikey as well - spending time with Sean would help him heal and be able to talk to people about what happened there.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I recall correct, this was written within the second week of July.