Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Catorce.

It had been two weeks since Sean had been found and in all that time Mikey and him had been forced to spend eight out of the twelve days together, hanging out, even though the fertiles didn't really want to.

Their mum's thought it would be for the best and because Mikey's Mikey, he didn't say anything to Tristan. But Sean said something to Brie, but she just smiled at him softly before telling him it'd help with getting over having the human blood in his system.

Out of the two fertiles, Sean was the only one who felt disgusted over the human blood being in his system. Mikey wasn't and that was because he grew up with it being done to him far longer than Sean was. And, even though he'd never admit this to anyone, Mikey almost missed his life in the place where the humans kept him and the other fertiles.

Of course, he didn't miss the horrible things they done to him or anything but in a way, he missed the life he had there. Where no one fussed over him like they were doing now. And where he only had Ryan to talk to and he was all okay with that. He didn't need all these other people to talk to.

If he ever told anyone that, they wouldn't want to believe him because why would a fertile miss a life where they weren't treated like a fertile? It wasn't known of and honestly, everyone believed that a fertile's place was with their mate, of course, after they had found each other.

Right now Mikey and Sean were just sitting in Mikey's room, not talking or doing anything. It was the first day of the new week and they were at Mikey's house whereas tomorrow they'd be at Sean's house. It seemed the fertiles' mothers though it'd be best to alternate between the two of their houses; Tristan thought it'd be best for Mikey so that he could actually get out the house once in a while because he always turned down going on the camping days with the other fertiles now.

That was because last time he went he came back feeling worse then he did before he left.

Sean let out a sigh but Mikey didn't even flinch from where he was laying on the bed. "Alright, I've sat through this for two whole weeks now. You don't do anything during the days, absolutely anything! I don't get you Mikey, you should be happy that you're away from them people," Sean burst, unable to contain himself.

When Mikey didn't reply to Sean's outburst, the fertile let out a exasperated sigh, throwing his hands above his head. "For one minute, I'd like to be inside your head Mikey because I don't get why you're not happy right now."

Mikey just shrugged. "How do you know I'm not happy?"

Sean let out a snort of disbelief. "It's so fucking clear Mikey. Everyone sees it and it's how I managed to see it. No one's stupid, they know you're not happy right now and honestly, no one understands why you're not. And yeah, I know I've only been here for two weeks, but people think I'm getting over what happened a lot better then you are."

The fertile just shrugged before ignoring Sean again.

When Sean had said that he'd like to be inside Mikey's mind for one minute, it made the fertile think. If anyone were ever to get inside his mind, even if it was for one moment, he doubted they'd accept what they heard. Hell, they'd probably think that the humans done something worse and injected their blood into his mind with the thoughts he had.

Yes, Mikey quite frequently had thoughts that would be deemed 'human' thoughts.

Though, it wasn't like the fertile knew they'd be deemed 'human' thoughts although he did know that other vampires would never be having thoughts like he was.

Sean was about to speak again but a knock at the door stopped him. An excited fertile came bouncing in the room. Sean didn't recognise him and the fertile didn't recognise Sean. It made him stop bouncing so he could just stare at the fertile in front of him.

"Frank, Sean. Sean, Frank," came a muttered introduction from Mikey, who was still laying on his bed, but his eyes were closed now. They hadn't been five minutes ago.

"Oh," Frank said, his eyes widening when he realised. "You're the fertile like Mikey!"

Sean almost scoffed when Frank said that. It was weird, he had been referred to that on several occasions but he could barely see how he's like Mikey. He hated the humans, he hated what they done to him and he's not at all hung up over what happened.

Mikey was a whole other story.

"Anyway, guess what Mikey?!" Frank continued, bouncing on his heels as he waited for the fertile on the bed to pay attention to him being in the room.

To be honest though, Mikey really didn't want to guess. "I give up, what is it?" was his answer, a little less enthusiastic then what Frank wanted him to be. But Mikey's depression couldn't stop the excitement Frank was feeling.

"I'm pregnant!" Mikey wasn't sure whether he should feel freaked out or not.

Not over the fact that it's by his brother but, and these are the thoughts that would be deemed 'human' thoughts, over the fact that he thought fertile guys being pregnant was almost... weird.

Mikey would never dream of ever thinking of himself being pregnant. Oh no, he'd never be pregnant. He didn't think it'd ever happen to him because there was no way he'd get a mate therefore no way he's ever get over these 'human' thoughts of his.

"Congratulations Frank," Sean exclaimed, hugging the fertile over the news. At least one of them was acting like they should be over news like that; fertile pregnancies were celebrated within vampire clans.

It wasn't like Mikey didn't want to congratulate Frank, he was happy for him and everything, but he just couldn't get himself to utter the words out.

There was an awkward air in the room after Sean has congratulated Frank. Both fertiles looked at one another because Mikey hadn't moved, said anything or even look like he had heard what had been said.

Biting his lip, Frank slinked out of the room and down the stairs where Tristan, James and Gerard were. Tristan was ecstatic that Gerard had got Frank pregnant; his son was going to be a father.

He'd been waiting for this moment every since the two had found each other in middle school.

Frank stood in the doorway, tears pricking his eyes as he watched his mate and his mate's parents discuss and be happy about his pregnancy.

"M..," he started, but realised he was too quiet. "Mikey's never going to get better, i-is he?" Frank trailed off quietly as the two Doms and the fertile looked at him.

"What are you on about Frank?" James questioned, slightly confused.

The fertile cleared his throat nervously, "Mikey's never going to be like me, or like Christa... or like Sean, is he?"

James understood what he meant now, as did the other two.

The Dom had gotten the horrible end of all this with Mikey - he had Tristan crying himself to sleep the days that Mikey's either let on to what happened to him in the place or where it hits him that Mikey doesn't act, or seem, like a fertile which he then proceeds to blame on himself.

It seems that, without meaning to, Mikey's brought up all bad memories for his mum.

Gerard got up from where he was sitting and made his way over to his fertile. He circled his arms around the younger's waist and pulled him in close. He could tell that Frank was upset over it all.

He really cared for Mikey like the rest of them did and because he's a fertile there's more things him and Mikey could talk about rather than what Gerard and Mikey could talk about, so in that sense it made Frank and Mikey closer than Gerard and Mikey were.

But then again, since the camping experience, it seemed like Mikey didn't want to be close to Frank because it wasn't like they had hung out or anything, much, after it.

But then it could also be seen as Mikey didn't want to hang out with Christa either and he hadn't seen Cassadee again outside of the hospital. So it wasn't just avoidance of Frank.

Though it did feel like it to the fertile.

"That's one thing no one's going to know about until it happens, Frank," Gerard told his mate, reassuring him.

Even though Gerard's thought at that moment in time was that it wasn't going to happen. Because not many vampires believed he would ever be fully healed.

And that pissed both Gerard and James off even more.

The fact that the fertile will never fully be rid of the human blood, traits and everything that he had when he was found by the road, scared and alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure this one took me like two days to write. It was just so complicated to write because I was having doubts about continuing on.