Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Diecisiete.

Mikey didn't know why but he felt different. Maybe it was the fact that his mum had coaxed him out of his room and was making him go to Frank's and he was actually wanting to go or maybe it was him just feeling ill.

Because he was feeling ill today. Of course, he hasn't told anyone because everyone knows that fertiles don't feel ill for no reason and there was no way Mikey was pregnant because he didn't have a mate and he didn't go out anywhere, so they'd know that there's something wrong with him.

And Mikey felt like a freak enough as is it.

Because really, every time that he's seen a new fertile or Dom they've always found out, or already known, what happened to him and they treated him different, like he was so fragile they couldn't act normal around him.

Like the way he felt Tristan acted around him.

Sure, he didn't like going out his room because he didn't like being around the other vampires and he had human traits still in his blood, but that didn't make him so fragile.

At least, not in his eyes. But then, who'd ever admit to themselves that they were fragile?

Certain not Mikey, ever.

When Mikey got dropped off by Tristan at Frank's, he slowly made his way to the door and knocked. Even though he felt he wanted to go in the house, he still didn't as well. There was something inside him that quite possibly didn't feel safe around vampires.

Which was really crazy of him to think because he was forever surrounded by vampires because that's who he was - a fertile vampire.

But anyone would excuse what Mikey was thinking, after all, he was injected with human blood so that would be his excuse. Of course.

"Mikey!" Frank squealed when he saw his friend, opening the door wider so the fertile could come in the house. Which he did but not before receiving a hug from Frank.

Though, it really should have been Mikey giving Frank the hug.

"Hey Frank," the fertile said quietly, following the other fertile into the house after closing the door behind him.

They sat on the sofa and done what fertiles normally do - talk. Well, it was a more Frank was talking the most and Mikey was only answering when he actually had to and when he did it'd just be short simple answers.

But at least he was talking.

Time some how passed by quickly and before he knew it the door was opening and Gerard was coming into the house, home from work and expecting Frank to be alone. He was surprised when he saw his brother on the sofa in their sitting room.

But it was a happy surprise.

"Mikey!" Gerard exclaimed making the fertile look up suddenly having not realised that the door had opened and the Dom was home. But then, he was talking to Frank and when talking to Frank you either had to listen to him closely or you had to focus all your concentration to blocking him out because he just goes on about anything.

"Gerard...." Mikey hadn't seen his brother in a few weeks from no fault other than himself. But it wasn't like he minded because as always, he preferred being alone.

"Did you come over because you wanted to or did mom make you?" he asked, coming into the sitting room and sitting next to Frank who pecked his lips as a welcome home gesture.

All Mikey did was shrug which made Gerard frown. "You don't know?" That gained another shrug from Mikey as well.

He and Frank had been having conversation during the time he'd been there and just before Gerard had come in they had been talking about something Mikey doesn't like talking about.

His feelings.

Frank had start talking about how he didn't need to feel nervous around other fertiles and everything and when he said that it made Mikey talk.

He told Frank that he didn't feel nervous, not really, he just felt uncomfortable and out of place and like he didn't belong.

Which, of course, shocked Frank a lot. He hadn't expected a confession like that. But then Mikey made him promise that he wouldn't tell anyone, not Gerard or Tristan either, what he had told him.

Frank had to agree because he wanted Mikey to trust him because he's a trustworthy fertile and he wanted Mikey to be able to talk to him like that again sometime.

Though Mikey didn't really plan to ever have a heart to heart like that again.

"Is mom coming to pick you up when you're going home or does he want me to take you back home?" Gerard asked after the several minutes of silence from Mikey and a look or two off Frank.

Mikey blinked quickly. " I-I'm walking home. Mom said it'd be good for me to get out for a little bit."

He should have felt guilty about lying to his brother, a Dom, someone whose instinct is to protect him because he's his brother and a fertile.

"Mikey--" Gerard began but was cut off when he stood up. "Bye Frank, bye Gerard."

With that he left the room, went to the front door and left the house. When the door shut Gerard was off his seat and heading towards the phone.

"What you doing Gee?" Frank asked, looking over the back of the sofa at his mate. "Mom never said he could do that, did he Frank?"

All Frank could do was shrug which let Gerard know that he honestly didn't know whether Tristan had said that or not. He picked up the phone and put in his mum's number and waited for it to ring.

If he hadn't said it, Gerard didn't get why Mikey would have felt the need to have to lie to him.

"Hello?" came the voice of his mum.

"Mom? It's Gerard. Listen, did you say Mikey could walk back home by himself?"

Tristan nearly let out a disgusted noise. "Of course I wouldn't Gerard, there is no way I'd let Mikey walk back here himself. Why would you think such a thing?"

Gerard almost let a groan of frustration escape his mouth. He knew that their mum would never let Mikey walk home by himself and yet he let him freely walk out of his house alone.

"Gerard Arthur Way, if you do not tell me what's going on then I will come over there and see for myself," Tristan's voice rang through his ears. There was a sharp tone to it and also a nervous one.

Because he could almost guess what had happened but he didn't want to think of it happening.

"Mom... I let Mikey leave by himself. I didn't mean to but he told me you let him and then left, I didn't know whether you had let him or not."

There was silence down the line which made Gerard nervous. Even though he was a Dom, his mum was almost the only fertile he'd ever really be worried about how he reacted. Of course he'd be worried about how Frank would react to somethings, but with Frank being his mate, he was allowed to dictate most of everything that he done without worrying about how Frank would react to it because nine times out of ten, he'd agree with whatever Gerard's done or chosen.

"Mom?" Gerard questioned, still not hearing anything down the line.

Tristan let out a short breath. "Mikey's out, all on his own? This is not good Gerard, how could you let him leave like that?"

"I'm sorry ma, but wouldn't it be a good thing, him being able to be out by himself?"

Tristan sighed and shook his head. "No Gerard, I know how you mean but no. He can barely come out of his room, how will being outside by himself be good for him? And I think something's wrong with him as well." The fertile sighed again, "I knew I shouldn't have made him go over to yours. I'm just... I just want what's best for him, y'know Gerard?"

"Mom, it wasn't your fault that this happened to Mikey, it never will be. All you've ever wanted was what's best for me and him, even when he wasn't with us. And that is what happened, he's home isn't he? That is what's best for him even if he doesn't realise it at the moment. He's still confused." Frank was still looking over the sofa as Gerard was talking to his mum.

It made him realise that he hadn't phoned his own mum in quite sometime. That thought made him feel bad. His mum still cared about him dearly even though he's no longer under his care but instead, Gerard's care.

Frank tried thinking about how Tristan was feeling. He was pregnant with his first baby, a fertile by the looks, so he should be able to try and imagine how he'd feel like having it taken away from him harshly, like what happened to Tristan.

As Gerard continued talking on the phone, Frank kept thinking about how it must feel. And by the time that Gerard was off the phone with his mum after telling him that he would go and get Mikey now, Frank was sobbing on the sofa.

He had felt so much heartbreak with thinking about losing his baby like Tristan did. Even though he wasn't far along in his pregnancy he was still severely bonded with the child. He loved his child so much even though he hadn't even seen it yet at the hospital.

Gerard was alarmed when he turned back and found his mate bawling his eyes out on their sofa. He hurried around and wrapped his arms around him, rubbing his back and trying to sooth him. "Baby, what's wrong?" he murmured, brushing Frank's hair away from his eyes as he watched the tears fall from his face.

"I-I... I tried thinking of how Tristan felt when Mikey was taken," he sobbed, burying his face into his mate's chest.

Gerard's heart jumped a bit when he said that. "Oh Frankie, baby, that was a silly thing to do," he cooed, brushing his hair back again. "Never do that again. It's not nice for you to think of that. My mom went through that but he'd never want you to go through that so you don't need to feel it. He's stronger then you think baby."

Frank nodded against Gerard's chest, his sobs quietening down. "And there's no way anything's ever going to happen to our baby, never. The humans will be caught and they'll be killed. There's no way they'll ever be a threat to you or our baby, Frank."

Frank pulled away from Gerard's chest and looked up at his mate, "Promise?" he said in a small voice. Gerard kissed his forehead.

"Promise. Now come on, we have to go get Mikey."
♠ ♠ ♠
This ending's shaping more then the old one. I'm glad I decided to change it.